1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Air Fare Not So Bad Now

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Maine Farmer, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked Jet Blue and for the flights I would have booked for $700+ round trip for the 2 of us, they are now $225. No discount on first class though.

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw recently Jet Blue. Boston to Vegas $20 each way for basic fares non stop

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    southwest is $84 one way Austin to Vegas. Ive got flights booked for June. Used points for my trip and had enough points for hubs for one leg. Only $84. I'm holding off on buying early boarding. I don't think those fees are refundable or transferable.

4. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been looking at August since I need to sign up for Westgate Super Contest.
    Last week cheapest I saw was 59 each way without seat picked out.
    Passed due to all the turmoil going on with virus and start of various sports seasons.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALWAYS book one way flights.

As to changing price... you just log into your account, pick your future flight and click the CHANGE button. It then gives you options.

Do not CANCEL as the EB is gone.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to EB - yea, save your money. EVERYBODY on the plane gets there at the same time. Viva Las Vegas!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early bird goes with you when changing flights. I have backup flights booked from Austin for May and June, waiting to see if prices go below 5000 points before adding my lovely wife to reservation via companion pass.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had rebooked Portland, Me to Vegas to $180 rt from $310. Just rebooked for $108.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cannot refute this logic, but I would add that if you want to be sure to sit next to your significant other then EB is a must, especially if the flight you take is full.

10. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest lowered airfare again till mid June....rebooked from $129 each way to $93...round trip from Pittsburgh to Vegas...$186 nonstop.

11. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a non-stop round-trip airfare from CLT-LAS on AA for the third week of June for only $81... To sweeten the deal they are for generally the most expensive flight times at 11:25 am for both flights!

12. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The great thing bout this is ..we have rebooked 2 times now..and got enough points to book our sept flight

13. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Low fares are stringing out towards the end of the year. Something to definitely take advantage of if you can.
    I just booked a Sept 15-30 fare: $72-RT, PHL>>LAS. Woo Hoo! ...and, of course, no change fee if I should decide to change it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a month long, multi city trip planned in September. Everything booked apart from 1 flight (one way) New Orleans-Vegas. Knowing when to book is tricky, especially with exchange rates going against me.

Southwest seem to have the best price currently at $129. If I’ve interpreted what is being discussed in the thread correctly then if I booked with them and the fare goes down I can cancel and rebook and would be given credit for the balance that lasts 12 months? I could also cancel altogether if required and get a credit.

We liked Southwest when we used them before and this seems like a very favourable policy at the moment.

15. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you book and it drops within 24hrs, you rebook and get your money back, after 24hrs then it is a credit for 12 months from the original booking date

• Like Like x 1
  16. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so far, so far, most June dates are low the first week and then start going up from $87-$91 to $138, few weeks in they are at $150...

I have a few trips, would love to book fairly cheap if things get going. problem is I dont know the dates for two of the the trips and either way they will be October/November and SEMA in November, I cant book that far out

17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you wait another month or two the rates will start going down as the airlines are clearly presuming things will be better later on, which is probably why the rates are higher. I would assume they go down as we get closer to those dates and things are, indeed, not better.

I was thinking of re-booking my late May trip for July but hilariously enough the fares are high then, as if this situation wasn't happening. If I look back come May I would surmise they'll be low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked American Airlines, Philadelphia >> LV, rt, for Sept 16 and Sept 30...$72.60 all in.

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, I went to pick up my daughter at airport (arriving from Philadelphia @college) anyhow. When I arrived (Detroit metro airport) it’s like 8 lane rd (it’s can get packed during morning and afternoon) I was only one!!! And when I parked/standing by “loading zone” there were 5 cars total waiting. I don’t think I EVER SAW AIRPORT LIKE THIS BEFORE!!! truly something out of movie...very eerily feeling wow... also daughter said there were only 8 people on plane (but was smaller commuter) also, she usually flies delta but they canceled the two normally scheduled flights so had to flight American Airlines, btw I bought the ticket for her last night which was $39.00 plus $30 for checked luggage.
    No wonder they talking about suspending air travel there’s nobody really traveling. Just thought I wanted to share this ..

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends a pilot he said his flights are averaging 10 people per flight

• Wow! Wow! x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.