1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Air Fare Not So Bad Now

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Maine Farmer, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smbrake

smbrake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked round trip flight for two over Easter weekend to Vegas on Frontier for $58.88.

Mini Solo Getaway
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW has flights as low as $149 each round trip from the East Coast. Lets get booking.

3. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is at its basement for flight from Pittsburgh, $164 each way. This is only for certain flight, but it is as low as it gets for SW from PIT to LAS.

Delta is still on the higher side of their fares for the same days.

4. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just rebook our end of May flights at $258 RT from Indy. I don’t think I’ve got it that cheap in 10 years.

5. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm used to paying 115$ Southwest to Vegas and 105 back. When I booked in January, it was 145$ down and 200$ back. It went down to 135$ down so I booked that, waited to book my flight back hoping for a better price. Last Sunday I looked and the flight down was 79$ and the flight back $88. I canceled and rebooked for the now dirt cheap prices. I actually found Frontier at $18 one way..Ridiculous!

Found it for $129 on SW for a nonstop flight from Pitt to LV-you may want to recheck the calendar.

6. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at August only and have the entire month up now and the cheapest I see is still $164 each way. May is $129, but who knows if they have this virus thing figured out by then.

I wouldn't consider flying SW without EB boarding the total for two people is $755.

I can fly Delta and sit in the first row of main cabin with my seats assigned for $880 but both flights include a 1 hour stop in ATL going out and DET coming back.

I care less about the hour layovers than I do dealing with SW's boarding hassle. With no further change in prices I will fly Delta on that trip. If SW prices come down to $129 that puts the savings at over $200 I likely reconsider.

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet Blue has a great fares now, especially out of Boston but also out of JFK, to Vegas. Fares on some days are actually MUCH better than SW, an airline I like (and my niece works for them) but JB is a much more comfortable ride. Check out Jet Blue!

8. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just pulled up the flights I would have booked a couple of months ago to LV and what was $763 rt for 2 of us is now $361. Wow. No change in first class.

9. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA is getting warmer, but they're just not quite there to suit me. Having to make a decision by tomorrow night for something two months out doesn't seem like they're quite that desparate.

10. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    26C94334-FED1-4720-B121-96E235E62CF3.png Wow I just check the flight (just for fun) between Detroit to Vegas 4/22-4/25 and flight came out $98.80 phahhahahaha (round trip, basic plan) I haven’t seen price like that maybe just maybe when I was teen in 80s(?) that’s crazy price. Just thought I share lol

11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here to Vegas, nonstop is sitting at $129 each way for southwest, thats the cheapest it has been in forever, would love for it to drop more but unlikely, all the other usually high priced flights are at $138

12. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of us unfamiliar with the process, what exactly do I do if a flight I booked goes down in price? Simply cancel the flight then book the exact same flight?

What about my early bird boarding?

Also, is there somewhere I can see a receipt with a breakdown of charges?

Thank you for any help you can be.

Edit to add= It looks like you lose the EB purchase, which was $25 each, but the fare dropped $40 each so it's still kinda worth it if I can cancel just the return flight. Can I do that, can I cancel just the return part of the flight? It looks like it wants me to cancel both ways and considering EB was $100 and I would save $80 it obviously doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  13. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW sure hasn't lowered their price from Pittsburgh to LV in July, rates are all over the place from $164 to $185 one way to and the same on the return flight. I am waiting to see where this goes before hanging up my plans, which I hate to do since I have all my dates comped at Ballys.

P

14. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer @Mr. Brownestone:

You don't want to cancel, you want to change the flight. You can change just one or both. If the price drops on only one of the flights select the one you want to change and then it will ask you to select a new flight. Go in and select the same flight you had booked. The new lower price will be applied and you will be given a refund in the form of travel funds. You can use those for a new flight that leaves up to a year from the time you originally booked your flight.

As far as seeing a breakdown of the charges you would have been asked for an email address to send your receipt to when you made the purchase. If you didn't choose to have an email sent I don't know of any other way to know how much each flight cost.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, this helps a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rebooked my rt from Portland, Me to vegas . Went from $310 To $180 on SW

17. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, nice savings right there.

18. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to $74 rt from Chicago for early May but it ain't likely to happen.

19. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looked at JetBlue from JFK to LAS early may, lot of the flights in the am on the 8,9 and 10 were sold out, crazy. I guess I missed the cheap flights when they became available. Delta was still around 950 round trip for 2, not bad, but not really cheap.

20. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    southwest has now entered a territory I havent seen in ages...they are down to $86-$92 each way New Orleans to Vegas. I rebooked a few times and have a few travel credits now...I started looking for a backup trip if Vegas is still closed come end of April so I also booked May 13th till May 19th, it would only let me use 2 of the 3 travel credits and at $178 round trip, I ended up $80 out of pocket...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.