1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Larger cabs?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DanTheMagicMan, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone recommend a "large" type of cab to take from the airport to our hotel? Almost like a van type of thing but not necessarily a shuttle type of van? There will be four of us with luggage and I think it makes more sense to take a cab if we can find a big one instead of taking two Ubers.

10TH TRIP TO VEGAS!
  2. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Uber XL?

3. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about that, and that might work. I was just thinking that a bigger cab might meet our needs a little bit better. And it really doesn't have to be a van or an SUV. Just something big enough to hold four adults and all of our bags.

10TH TRIP TO VEGAS!
  4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted this is more a future thing, but many cabs are small vans, these days. Mostly Ford Transit vans.

5. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have cabs that easily fit 4. You don’t need a special request. We did 6 guys.

6. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there earlier this month there was no problem getting a cab from the airport for 5 of us with 6 pieces of luggage. The cab coordinator? Just hails a larger cab for you. Our trip back to airport also went smoothly with the hotel valet stating that if a large enough cab was not on premises, they would call one for us. When we left there was one available. We did check ahead with more than enough time to get to airport.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're all staying together why not look at a limo option. No stress, comfort and gets the vegas started a little earlier. They are extremely reasonable and can be booked to handle the both sides of the trip. We did one downtown the last time we went and round trip with tip was maybe 1.5x cabs with tip. If it's 2 couples that are going, it may be a nice surprise too. I know my wife was pleasantly surprised when we got to baggage claim and her name was on an ipad with our driver.

8. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old CHECKER CABS would be right up your alley if they still made them of course. They were so dam comfortable and built like a tank

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.