1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quiet rooms... Downtown Grand & The Plaza... Help

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Cohiba, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cohiba

Cohiba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All....

My wife and I like our sleeping arrangements to be somewhat quiet. We want to try a "new to us" hotel but are HIGHLY CONCERNED about street noise or Fremont Street Experience noise.

We have stayed a lot at the El Co and the Golden Nugget and have had very nice and peaceful nights of sleep.

#1. The Plaza: What room# ...level...side...would you recommend for quiet nights away from the street noise/FSE. Construction noise of the parking lot to the North of the Plaza okay?

#2. The Downtown Grand: What room #...level....side would you recommend for a quiet night of sleep?

***Don't get me wrong....we are use to regular hotel noise. We just don't know anything about the two hotels in question and what areas in the hotel to stay in or avoid***

Thank you for your help!!!

2. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the south tower, at the Plaza and it was very quiet. However, that was before the construction of Circa, so I don't know how it is now.

I also stayed in the North tower at the Plaza, one trip, and never again. The noise from the bands was awful. That also was pre Circa construction.

3. BigWhale

BigWhale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a Grand Tower room at DTG in October last year, which is the tower they gave me after asking for a quiet room. Heard little to none noise from Fremont Street, so there was no issues with getting a good night's sleep.

4. Bowser

Bowser Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We requested a quiet room at the DTG as we had been travelling almost 24 hours. Unfortunately we were given a room overlooking the Gold Spike which was noisy until 2am. This was at a quiet time of year on a Wednesday, we were disappointed to say the least.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza South Tower, facing South (facing the strip), high floor. Relatively quiet except when people are making noise on the top deck of the parking structure. But you can call security if they make too much noise.

6. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found the thump, thump, thumping of the bands to be too much for me and I am always in the "quiet" South Tower on the Penthouse floor at the Plaza. This past trip at the end of February I brought my brand new itty bitty white noise machine and it mitigated it about 60%...this was enough for me to get a quality night's sleep and that's saying something as I go to bed around 8 pm or so! Much of my night is with the bands in full swing until 1 am. I'm then up at 4 am and get to hear the trains, sirens and overall big truck beeps etc., but then I'm up and going so no worries for me. I can't say enough about a white noise machine. It is making my travel much, much better. I bought it for like $30 at Amazon and it's been a Gawd-send.

Edited to Add: It has been on VERY rare occasion that I've had problems at Plaza with neighbor noise. I feel as though they've got decent insulation between rooms. This is NOT the case with DTG. White noise machines are great there as well, but do little for door slamming or weird/people noise from your neighbor.

7. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We generally stay at the Golden Nugget, but on our last trip decided to try something different. Since it was our anniversary, we got a City Suite at the Downtown Grand. We were there for a week. I slept for probably 3 of the nights we were there. If it wasn't the bands on Fremont, then it was the music from Hogs and Heffers. I am a light sleeper. I tried using my noise canceling headphones. I tried plugging them into my iPad with a white noise app. There was one night that I really contemplated leaving and seeing if the Golden Nugget had any available rooms! I am old and get cranky (and migraines) when I don't sleep. We won't be staying there again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

9. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay in the North Tower at the Plaza and I ask to face the mountains. Those rooms are extremely quiet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. PlazaPoker

PlazaPoker Plaza Host

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DM me if you book at the Plaza, I can help you out with room selection ahead of time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the remodeled Plaza Luxe rooms in the north tower or south tower? I heard there are only about 100 of these rooms.

12. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had mixed results at the DTG. The rooms facing the new construction are surprisingly quiet. I was in 609 last trip and it was nice. The other times I was in the rooms where you go up the escalator and over to the next tower. If H&H is open you're screwed in those rooms.

13. willslotforcash

willslotforcash MIA

North, I stayed in 1627 last week. It was a double queen Luxe room, directly outside the window is the parking garage for Circa. I honestly didn’t hear anything over the A/C unit running.

14. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the Grand last Oct (in the tower across the walkway) & there was a white noise machine in it.

15. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well there's not that much noise on Fremont street now if you're heading there soon. You might get a train at the Plaza but you'll be find anywhere DT right now.,

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not used to railroad noise, the Plaza is probably not for you.

17. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not the outside noises that bother me, but the rooms next door do.
    Most of these joints have tissue paper for walls. Especially DTG.
    I like train noise, and I grew up near the airport and have worked around the airport all of my life and it does not really bother me.
    Also, I live in a condo that faces a small airport but there is seldom anything going on at night time there.

18. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that Plaza's air conditioning system provides "white noise". I never notice the trains or people in adjoining rooms at all. Occasionally I will hear someone in the hallways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.