1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps increasing?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgesken, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprocket

Sprocket Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to state the exact opposite! I was just invited to a poker tourney at caesars palace, april 15-17, and the offer included a free stay at the RIO, and only the RIO . This is the worst offer I have gotten in a decade.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even to the extent this is true, computers look at how booked up the property is vs how booked it is expected to be and how likely it is that they will get more bookings and at what rate.

So even without a person saying "virus! lets increase comps", if people stop booking and or cancel trips all over, then rates go down and comp availability goes up.

That being said, any changes have yet to trickle down to my CET rate calendar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cow, rates dropping. Just checked my offers. "Rates from $75 a night" then go to the booking page and it shows a LOT of nights at Aria from $70 and Vdara at $41 for me. Even Bellagio is from $65 a night now.

4. SavageGambler

SavageGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel around by MLife since February 2019.. I swear if I wasn't being hosted and RFB'd I'd jump ship...

My host always like "What do you mean you're offer hasn't increased yet?" lol.

I'm probably just spoiled but if I've doubled (sometimes tripled) my bankroll on recent trips. Logic would dictate I'd see some sorta bump in freeplay but NNNOOOOOO...

No he's resorted to enrolling me in slot tournaments for the freeplay I crave...

Gotta do what you gotta do I suppose...

• Like Like x 1
  5. SavageGambler

SavageGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stupid algorithms... lolz

6. RandomTask

RandomTask Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked and I've got 2 night and $50 resort credit at Bellagio. Never had that before. 1 night and $50 at Aria as well. They weren't there last week when I looked.

Made MLife gold last year primarily on spend. we went last month and the wife more than doubled last year's coin-in so I am wondering how much that is factoring into my latest offers. Didn't hit gold yet but I'm headed there this weekend and should get there.

7. SavageGambler

SavageGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offer's are 100% based on play. $3:1PC. PCs is separate from your TCs.

I cheated and use that sweet $1:25 TC to finish off my last 1,000ish TC to hit Platinum. Feel like I cheated lol, but the bennies are SO worth it vs Gold.

8. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cet is back to being comped for me

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too! I think we both lost our comps around the same time. Mine are back for weekdays and reduced for weekends.

10. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your TC score now? I am at 150. I know they say TC doesn't matter, but I am always curious!

11. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is at 562. We just got back from a short weekend trip to Caesars Southern Indiana so I had a hotel stay and some slot play.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know! They have a Quest going on, but it is not as good as the one about 4 years ago. I got platinum easily with that one. Oh well!

13. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received an offer tonight from CET for "Tom Jenkin’s Retirement Party" taking place this weekend, March 12-14
    Seems odd to send only a few days beforehand. Maybe they had a lot of cancellations or think I'm local?

14. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best advice keep checking back.
    It's like the Offer meter has a RNG attached lol!

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is the weirdest offer I've ever gotten. Gotta be a function of you-know-what.

16. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an offer from Red Rock (haven't stepped foot in there in 2 years) valid from 3/11 - 4/27

3 nights, $30 FP, $30 food. I won't use the forbidden word here but timing of this offer might be connected to something. ;)

17. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an offer from the Wynn for $300 FREECREDIT and
    a daily* complimentary meal for two at The Buffet.
    when you stay at least three nights. Haven't played there in years but get this offer with some frequency. Staying three nights is an issue to only get $300.

Need a good trip this time
  18. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be a teaser offer? I kept getting offers from them the past year and once I finally took up their offer for the upcoming trip, it stopped.

19. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this offer too and I'm trying to see if they will let me play without taking the room because I'm already booked in the apex at PHo on those dates. The irony? That's a Caesar's Palace tournament that only wants you to stay at Rio, but I got invited for tournaments at Harrah's, Paris, and Rio in the same month that include rooms at Caesar's Palace. Wtf CET. F'real man.

So yah this comp increase business... computers arent deciding what rooms you get, they're deciding what your comp value is, for the most part. There is a virus going around and record stock market crashing in progress at the same time. The economy is not stable and travel is taking a major hit. Your comp values are staying the same but you're getting more for that money. Mine are up everywhere too. Everyone's should be, cause prices are way down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vegasbaby99

Vegasbaby99 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing has changed on either mine or my wife’s account for Mlife or Wynn.

It looks like most changes are for CET

In fact I just called Wynn and they quoted me $179 a night plus resort fee but I get a free buffet. I said I’ll have to think about it and the gentleman said occupancy and rates are subject to change. I bet they are lol

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.