1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Chef Prizefight for Bugsy & Meyer's @ Flamingo

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JJLV, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking in to see if anyone else has partaken of the Food Network show featuring Chefs battling for the top spot at the new Bugsy and Meyer Steakhouse? Ann Burell is running it all along with Chef Scott Conant (he's good) and regional president of Caesars Entertainment Eileen Moore. Granted only 1 show in but my initial impression these Chefs are a bit out of their league (IMO). Ann is doing a great job so far in getting the most out of them. I truly will be surprised if one of these ends up the actual executive head Chef. Time will tell I guess. The restaurant concept sounds interesting though. Watching the show is fun with all the wonderful images of beloved Vegas. Especially my home, central strip! :) I love the facade entrance of the restaurant. Cool.

Adding a copy-paste if you have not seen from Flamingo and some artist renderings. ...
    **Reservations Begin May 1, 2020**

ABOUT BUGSY & MEYERS
    Introducing the latest addition to the “Forever Fabulous” Flamingo Las Vegas, the all-new Bugsy & Meyer’s Steakhouse will transport guests back to the resort’s vintage roots while serving a fresh and intriguing steakhouse experience in a modern way.

Guests will be transported from the moment they arrive, as they enter through the “bakery” façade and past the dry aged meat cooler, giving the illusion of discreetly entering through the back as many did decades ago. Once inside the steakhouse proper, an eye-catching dining experience awaits. In collaboration with designers Studio K Creative out of Chicago and renowned designer Jonathan Adler, the restaurant boasts a variety of atmospheres, including the main bar, patio dining, the bustling main dining room, three private dining rooms and a raw bar.

Bugsy & Meyer’s Steakhouse is a one-of-a-kind destination steakhouse, much like its resort’s origins, in menu, design and atmosphere. Bugsy and Meyer would approve.

Artist Renderings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for talking about the show! It's definitely something I'm interested in looking at. As far as how the winner will fare (assuming there is one), while the show will give him/her a boost in the beginning, the success of the new restaurant will depend on whether the food is consistently delicious enough to warrant a special trip to the restaurant (and Flamingo), whether the food is priced to be a decent value, and whether the service will be good. I'm afraid some of these factors may be partially out of the winner's control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. checkchange

checkchange Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw episode, like it enough to watch the next. I think it is too early to decide if any are qualified.

It's quite an accomplishment for them to have been selected..I'd hate to think how many peeps applied

4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait a second. I thought Meyer okayed Bugsy's assassination.

5. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I watched an episode of it for the first time on Saturday. Not sure if there were previous episodes or not.
    Just tv surfing and saw a Vegas connection and decided to watch.
    The only takeaway for us was the unsanitary conditions prevalent!
    My wife is in Food Service and noticed multiple health code violations. Using bare hands for prep,serving and food handling does not look good, especially with the current conditions worldwide!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to checking it out during my trip. The renderings look interesting. Reservations for May 4th. Will let everyone know how it is.

Halloween - spooky big wins incoming
    • Love Love x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else watching this cooking competition on Foid Network? Pretty obvious ripoff of the Top Chef format.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/vegas-chef-prizefight

Good coverage of LV, Caesar's properties. Each episode will feature a different CET restaurant. The VP of Caesar's is a judge. The winning chef gets head chef of a new $10 million restaurant in Flamingo.

Opening episode competition was at BLT, and featured Exec Chef Danny Choukalas.

Thanks to moderators for merging this post into appropriate thread....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    missed that one,but saw a repeat of the 2nd episode this afternoon.... have mixed thoughts so far.

9. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to bump this up as I watched another episode and it helped with the I am missing my Vegas fix. Well, a bit anyway. Thought others even if not into cooking shows might want to check it out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm enjoying the show but thankful for fast forward, the first 5 minutes is the previous episode and each time it goes to commercial it shows 2 minutes of what it showed before commercial.
    I'm cheering for Jeff or Lamar. It's better when Gordon Ramsay picks the chef.

11. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed that so far Lamar seems the best of the bunch. As I stated earlier I am not all that thrilled with most of them in general. I am a fan of Bravo's Top Chef. The caliber of their chefs is so much better than here. (at least in the past). I love the Vegas backdrop here though. Missing it.

12. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Hell's Kitchen" lite.

13. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely agree that these chefs aren't even close to the level of the ones on Top Chef. I see very little that's truly creative or what I'd like to see in a fine dining establishment (Jeff is quirky, but I don't really find his food very creative). Really dislike Anne and her way of talking to the chefs, and pretty much her attitude overall. She says she wants to see "their personality" in what they're doing, but then goes around telling them they're making something she won't like. Also the narration at the beginning of the episodes she says she "hand picked" the chefs, but then in the first two eps she seems to know nothing about them.

Whoever from this group wins might be able to be head chef and the face of the restaurant, but I hope they have a lot of guidance from an experienced chef who knows how to run a nice place like that.

Agree that right now Lamar is the best of the group food-wise, and he's also the only one I'd want managing something at this point.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeff has cried more than once. I managed and have done all aspects of restaurants biz for 20+ years. Sorry but, there is NO crying in the kitchen:) Can't handle the heat...

15. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the Asian gal been eliminated?

16. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Janey Lyu ("the Asian gal") was eliminated last week.

17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, no reason for me to watch. :cry:

18. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Couldn't make a waffle.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Veratio

Veratio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed this show. Got to see a few restaurants and was great to see Vegas again.

Good candidate that won as well!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it and the chef I was rooting for won, so all good.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.