1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who here has won a trip to Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Todd, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in Nov. 1996, my wife won an all expense trip to Vegas. It was through Camel Cigarettes called the Vegas Groove Blender. They flew us out on a Friday of Milwaukee with a quick stop in Phoenix. We received $500 and a weekend at Caesars Palace with a big party for all the winners. The best part was when the wife hit a Royal for $1000 hours before we flew back home.
    Anyone else?

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor had a drawing during our trip in 1999/2000 ( don't exactly remember) that offered two free nights, a show and a dinner...no air fare. We were there for something so we put a couple of tickets into the drawing barrel. They were pulling the winners for that day when we were leaving ( and you had to be present to win) so we stayed and each one of us won the prize.

We used the four nights the next year as an add on to our trip to CP.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years back,I came in second in CET Millionaire Maker slot tournament in Tunica and won $1000 FP and airfare to Vegas for finals.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Kuch1000

Kuch1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a trip to the PBR Finals in 2012. They gave us a bunch of tickets for each day and $4000 cash, so we were able to easily do the trip for much less and with the money left over, paid for our hotel and another couple's hotel on our next Vegas trip.

• Like Like x 4
  5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. roju5

roju5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never have but was watching wheel of fortune this week and somebody won a trip to south point that they valued at 7k??????????

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that, and I was thinking that was a bit much. My trips usually cost less then $1k all in for Sun-Thurs, on the strip.

8. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen similar on LET'S MAKE A DEAL. Shocked at the value they give to trips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My very first trip to Vegas was a company paid sales award over 15 years ago. Been hooked ever since.

April Trip
    Last Minute
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago, I won a reverse auction run by an English company which didn't last long unfortunately, only a year or two. The prize was 2 return flights with Virgin from London to Vegas and 5 nights at an apartment at the MGM Signature. Even with having to pay for flights from Scotland, a great prize!

• Like Like x 2
  11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a free trip to vegas at my bowling banquet (it was the grand prize). This was about 25 years ago. Not a biggie, those days a r/t flight from HNL to LAS was in the $200+ range.

Our bowling banquets now still give something like $200 as the grand prize but because of inflation that doesn't even amount to one leg of a trip to vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been on 2 trips that were "won". My best friend won a trip at a charity function and took me as her plus one. And we got a trip when we bought our truck. Not a contest, a promo. They were doing a cruise, Vegas or a set of winter tires. What the hell do I need winter tires for when the truck came with off road type tires? One of my co-workers bought at the same time and he went for the winter tires because he's a sad, sad, boring person.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish. I enter all of them, lol. One day, I hope.

14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, a long time ago.

I won flights/hotel and a few tourney entries in a poker tournament over here in 2009.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I won a Vegas Trip when I bought my car about 7 yrs ago.
    Some kind of promotion ?
    I could never make a "go" of it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really a contest but 10 years ago I was supposed to go to Vegas for work when my boss decided two days before we left that I had to stay behind. When he got back he felt bad so he paid for the wife and I to go as well and a couple of good meals. Needless to say the wife was happy.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife won a CET Millionaire Maker finale entry. Came with a room at Ceasars Palace plus up to $1,100 in flight credit and ground transportation. We leave on Thursday for the event.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  18. OddsWrkin

OddsWrkin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't actually "win" a trip, but, many many many years ago we sat through a gawd awful, high pressure timeshare presentation to get a "free" stay in Las Vegas. Turned out to be 2 or 3 nights at Debbie Reynolds. The only catch was you had to jump thru hoops to request a set of nights that would, after way too much time, be rejected. I went through this ridiculous process several times before determining that it was total horse hockey and stopped wasting my time.

In the end, very little "winning" occurred.

• Love Love x 1
  19. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a couple million in the nigerian lottery. Cant wait for the check to arrive!!

• Funny Funny x 7
  20. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twice. First time was grand prize in a radio contest. Airfare, 3 nights in a Flamingo Go room (they were new then), $500 in travelers checks that were supposed to be for show tickets but you could use for anything. It was the first time we stayed at a CET hotel. We wanted to stay two extra nights then we were moving to the Luxor where we had a suite comped. The lady who handled setting up the room told me the best she could do for me was $85 a night for the extra nights. We were okay with that. But when we checked in a host was standing there and saw we had a VIP card with MGM and told the clerk to comp our entire stay. We have been back to CET many times since then.

Second time I won a contest from Dr Pepper to attend the ACMAs. Omg we still talk about that trip. Airfare, transfers, 3 nights at MGM, free breakfast buffet every morning, meal vouchers for fancy dinners, every night they left presents in our room, including a video recorder, tickets to pre parties with open bar, tickets to after party with open bar, tickets to a charity event with open bar, Dr Pepper sodas as many as we wanted, little coolers, CDs of the artists playing the event, floor tickets to the show. We saw so many country singers by the after party we were exhausted. We also came a day early. The Dr Pepper rep told me they wouldn’t pay for the extra night, the hotel was sold out and even if available would be $450 a night. I called MGM VIP and asked if they’d give me a better rate. They had to get permission but they booked the room. I asked how much and they said comped! I called our host to thank her when we were there and she comped off all our food charges that Dr Pepper didn’t cover. It was awesome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.