1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Update/Feedback on the BIGGER Mlife offer that has a long window

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be a Wynn player by then :jester:

I played at Wynn in December first time in 14 months. A brief stop in January too. Before January ended, I had offers in my account

2. Vegasbaby99

Vegasbaby99 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously?

The person in question went to the desk to get their freeplay like any of us would. The boothling said they already used the freeplay. They forgot to mention that the freeplay was used at another hotel under a separate stay. The person in question said they hadn’t used any freeplay yet like any of us would say.

The supervisor then did research and called security as he thought the person was lying and took it that the customer was saying they never used the freeplay from the prior stay.

These Mlife employees are dumb and any one of us could have experienced the same thing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  3. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no comment on the story being related.

But I learned a new term, thank you. I am sooo stealing the term BOOTHLING!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about that in general timing, BUT, I think it's at least possible that the underlying amount they are willing to comp you for a room may adjust earlier than the quoted terms.

In August, I made a reservation at Luxor for July and I was able to get a Tower Premier One Bedroom comped for July 4th weekend. I ended up cancelling it early in January and booked Delano.

In January, I did a short-play drive-by at Aria and when I got home, I changed my trip configuration for July, cancelled Delano, and went to book at Luxor for dates during a slower week in July (using my January offer), and I couldn't get the Tower Premier. My offer terms on the surface hadn't changed (up to 4 nights in a suite, same FP & RC), and the retail prices for the Tower Premier were lower than for the dates I had originally booked.

So that looks to me like, at least in a situation where you ding your rating, it may take a few months for your offers to appear to reflect it, but they may lower the amount they'll comp you for a room sooner than that. That would resemble what I see with CET.

Or I could just be paranoid.

5. Vegasbaby99

Vegasbaby99 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if you can book like 30 trips. Say 3 trips a month all the way out until the end of the window? What if you low played on every single trip and just took the free stuff. Would they cancel the remaining bookings? Wonder if anyone has tried this lol

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they first went to monthly offer cycles, I found you could book two reservations, then if you went to book a third, it would only comp you the first night. I think that might have changed.

I have seen at least one post on here, and I think it was MLife, where someone had two or three reservations booked (it wouldn't have been under the current monthly scheme, it was a couple of years ago, but that doesn't matter) and low/no played the first two and I believe they notified him in advance that they weren't going to honor the third. I don't remember if it was two or three reservations, but I do remember him (or it may actually have been a friend of the player) saying they pulled the plug on the last one.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  7. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynncore and V/P are very consistent in terms of giving teaser offers...

8. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Near the end of January I booked the same overall offer, one property 2 nights in March, another property 3 nights in June. Then at the very end of January I booked the same offer for a one-nighter in February.

I did someting similar in November, booking 3 nights in December at Nomad then 2 nights in January at Aria.

I dont know max bookings per offer. I can see that when dates booked, comp calendar removes COMP for those dates, and adjacent dates.

9. Vegasbaby99

Vegasbaby99 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea from a business perspective it would be no sense to cancel rezzies. All they hope for is at least one trip you play to your history. They already know you’re capable. FP and RC really cost them nothing.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My latest MLife offer (email) included the following language:
    • This offer must be booked by April 30, 2020. This offer is valid for travel through February 28, 2021. Blackout dates may apply.

• Your offer is valid for a single room on a single trip.
    • Gaming offers may only be redeemed once during the promotional period.
    Their offer doesn’t appear to be multi-use.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  11. Vegasbaby99

Vegasbaby99 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the single trip wording but not the part about gaming offers only being able to be redeemed once. I can book the same offer over and over.

12. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You answered a question I had.
    In checking my comp dates I saw that I had days comped through Dec including NYE but no comps May 2-15th and could not figure out why. Now I know as we are booked at the Mirage for May 5th through the 12th.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s funny. I got 3 separate emails from MLife: 1) MGM Grand; 2) Delano/Mandalay Bay & 3) NYNY. The single use restriction is only on the NYNY one but the terms & conditions on each offer is significantly different. The offer period (book by 4/30/2020 & stay by 2/28/2021) are the same, the Freeplay is the same & there is consistency to the resort credit (low tier properties get $250 & higher tier $150). Unnecessarily complicated. :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.