1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in without staying overnight?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rmur23, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmur23

rmur23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im staying in Vegas w friends for 3 nights in March. On Weds Thurs Fri we have a condo for a larger group which costs more. For Saturday I booked a comped room at Ballys to have a place to relax/shower/keep bags before a smaller group of us leave close to midnight Saturday night.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Will it be an issue to not stay over and “check out” past 3-4 a.m.? Will it be sufficient to have someone call the front desk from their cell phone Sunday morning, or do they somehow register people going in and out of room?

Thanks.

2. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s no problem. They usually send an email and you can check out on your phone with your email. I just did that on Monday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not even staying in a room is common in Vegas. People do it often. We have checked into rooms, put DND on door, left and never returned.

As to checking out - you do not have to actually checkout. Just leave. People do that often. Unless we need to settle up comp dollars, we just leave. Also, many places will send you an email in the morning to checkout if you want to do that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did it last night...wasnt in Vegas.
    Left the hotel at 2:30am...didnt " check out"

No resort fee at that hotel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've just left without checking out many times. You'll just be automatically checked out and any charges will be settled on your card.

6. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just leave the keys in the room, never had an issue.

7. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn’t tell you the last time I “checked out.” I always just leave.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree.

Yet, every morning hotels have a long line of people "checking out". LOL!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like others have mentioned, there is no need to check out at all at Bally's. CET properties will automatically check you out and email invoice at whatever time your checkout is. Applying reward credits or confirming backend comps etc to verify charges before you leave is the only reason to do it. Only time I've ever waited in the checkout line was at Rio where I had a bunch of food credit and wanted to make sure it was applied correctly, and I'm glad I did because they charged me for it all, and once at Caesar's Palace when they wouldn't take my remaining food credit on checkout day so I took the receipt to the front desk and had a manager comp it off.

10. rmur23

rmur23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies.

11. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Luxor, and I'm sure all the other MGM properties have it, I just verify the bill on the TV, hit checkout and leave, one minute tops... not sure what the big checkout line is for, I guess there's some reason.

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, there are some that need to settle up, but I am guessing the vast majority do not need to be in that line. Probably some of the same people that still waste time printing a boarding pass at the hotel I guess. And maybe some of those that do not believe you can actually check in and usually get a room BEFORE the official checkin in time.

13. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people check out because they get a printed receipt to take back to their work who is paying for them to go to a conference they just attended. Sure they can print the receipt themselves when they get an email, but this seems... easier?

If there is no line I may stop by, check-out, get the detailed receipt and head to the ride share pickup area.

Maybe people wait to checkout because it gives them the feeling of it officially happening. It used to be the way to do things, and it is a learned habit that some people just don't want to break.

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People who don’t stay in hotels very often sometimes don’t realize there is no need to check out at the front desk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always just request an emailed folio, to verify room charges. Last time at the NoMad, I did ask about the folio at the registration desk, but that was mostly because it was right next to the bell desk where I was leaving my bags.

It's funny if you think about it, the things we used to have to do when traveling. I remember having to call to "reconfirm" one's airplane ticket. Wow.

16. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you keep the key cards or turn them in/leave them in the room? I used to leave them behind, but now I've decided to keep them and make a collection out of them.

17. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure Steven Wright would find a good joke here...
    "So I left the hotel with out checking out, a year later they sent me a bill for 365 nights..."

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  18. DiamondD

DiamondD High Roller in Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I have a buddy with that exact issue. Unless it says "paid in full" with a zero balance, his work won't accept it. The electronic settlement he received on one trip had the agreed charge on the folio, but wasn't zeroed out 'on paper.' Now he checks out in those instances.

Another Excursion
    Why Not?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.