1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What’s better Uber or taxi

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mider999, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber/Lyft that way you know how much the end total will be with no surprises.

2. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m looking for service and safety

I am guessing uber in Vegas is pretty safe?

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally don't need a taxi/Uber. But, last trip I was out in the burbs for a BBQ. Uber showed up within 5 min. But, I was feeling no pain at the time, so might have been a bit longer. Ever since Uber got to Vegas I've used them with no issues. If you're really in a rush, a cab would be a few minutes quicker since they're normally right there.

4. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aside from the price the good thing about Lyft/Uber is that you have the drivers name and licence plate in the app. You can share your location with a third party (friend/family member) whilst in the car if you are concerned about safety. It also makes retrieving lost items a lot easier as you can contact the driver directly.

5. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm in Vegas, I take taxis. You walk out of the airport, there's one there for you. You walk out of your hotel, there's one there for you. Yes, I've gotten some real winners over the years, like the one that was eating the horrible smelling beef sandwich while driving. And the old guy that used a cane, so I had to load my own luggage in and out, but more often than not, I've had really good drivers that hustled to get me where I'm going. As far as long haulers, (I've had a few) I question the route they take and have them take a few bucks off the fare.

• Like Like x 2
  6. willowox

willowox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used both in Vegas but Uber/Lyft more often than not. A taxi comes in very handy after a show or concert if you are Mlife Platinum or Caesars Diamond. That has saved us waiting in very long lines for a cab or a long time for Uber/Lyft when the demand is high to a particular hotel due to a show letting out. The we just jump in the Platinum or Diamond taxi line and are quickly on our way!

7. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally use Lyft due to convince of knowing what it costs and ease of payment.

Gotta win this trip.
    Win more where you play more.
  8. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally rent a car in Vegas but this last trip I relied on Uber and it was so convenient. It was quick and far cheaper than a taxi.

- Linda in TX

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It fully depends on where you are and where you're going. Within the resort corridor, taxis are the same price or cheaper (especially if you're paying cash). They're also often more convenient, though that varies from place to place; at Aria or MGM Grand, for example, the rideshare pickup area is a pain to get to and there's often a wait for the driver to arrive, whereas Caesars Palace basically lets them stage right there. If you're going anywhere off-Strip, rideshare is absolutely the way to go.

10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Vegas Todd, when I'm in Vegas I'm all about maximizing fun time, and I'm willing to pay for it. The whole idea of opening an app, trying to find the Uber waiting area wherever you are (while drunk), waiting 5-10 minutes for a driver to show up, and THEN finally getting on the road is a complete fun killer. Much prefer just walking out to the valet, cab's right there, cab driver knows where he's going and usually knows the fastest route to get you there. To me that's worth the few extra bucks every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm rideshare all the way. I have never had a bad experience with a taxi but my wife has twice, both times in Vegas when she was joining me on a trip a couple of days later. Based on her experiences I'm less inclined to take a taxi. Based on my experiences I have found rideshare drivers to just be more friendly and easier to converse with. I also mostly only take transportation to and from the airport and choose to walk everywhere on the strip because for me walking is part of the experience of seeing, hearing and experiencing the sites of Vegas strip.

Also, a taxi may or may not take plastic as a method of payment. If it is cash only and I need a receipt (travelling for conference and work pays for that) the driver will just scribble on a business card and our accountants don't like that. So ride share makes it easier to re-claim the cost of using it by printing off a receipt or a screenshot of the ride and cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.