1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gluten Free Options

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vplover, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vplover

vplover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the best restaurants for Gluten Free (reasonable) dining options?

2. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many options in the restaurants. You can ask if they have a specific menu. I was doing a gluten free diet for about a year based on results my family doctor did. I decided to go to my gastroenterologist and got retested and he said I could eat gluten. While in Vegas when I was following gluten free, I went to Pizza Rock(gluten free pizza),Mon Ami Gabi, Gordon Ramsay Steak, Bacchanal, BLT, most steak places will be somewhat easy to get gluten free. You also get a burger rapped in lettuce, etc. Some restaurants have gluten free items mentioned on their menus.

• Love Love x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My usual advice is to call and ask. Many, many places will have gluten-free options (even Eataly has gluten-free pizza), but the caveat is that if you have an actual medical allergy, you're probably out of luck. For the average person who's trying to avoid gluten, you'll be fine, but most places won't be able to guarantee that your meal wasn't cooked or prepped on a common surface, or exposed to some ambient gluten, as opposed to just using gluten-free ingredients. It's not unlike how the Impossible Burger is vegan, but generally cooked on the same grill, which I personally have zero problem with but tweaks some people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fraygul

fraygul Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like most of the restaurants at Cosmo have gluten free menus now. I have only had The Henry so far. The pasta is so good! Wicked Spoon and Aria's buffet are very highly rated on the find me gluten free app. Wicked spoon has everything GF marked and supposedly can make you something if you have cross contamination issues. So far for restaurants, Wolfgang Puck seems to train their staff well on allergy info, so I have been able to eat there and feel confident they weren't going to poison me. The one in crystals is very good.
    For this trip, the plan is to run to CVS and load up on GF snacks for me and my sister. and stick to bananas for the most part. I have been contaminating myself for a couple months now, keeping myself low key sick so that maybe this trip to vegas I can enjoy myself and not end up stuck in bed for most of the trip.

5. PlanetMark

PlanetMark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Celiac Vegas fan here... you'll be fine :)

I have eaten at many of the places listed above plus tons more over 8 visits, no cross contamination issues at all. I have heard the disclaimer before and always have to ask about separate fryers etc.

Some of the buffets label better than others. Caesars took me down the rows of food, pointing out anything risky. MGM is not the best buffet, though was the best labelled. Aria + Mirage are fine, Bellagio not that well labelled.

Only disappointments were Gordon Ramsey Burger (offered the dreaded lettuce wrap, though his Steak place and Grill were both great), Shake Shack (more than a disclaimer, a friendly 'are you sure!!?') and Guy Feraris (hostess did not seem to know what I was talking about, so I ran).... also got a burned base at Pizza Rock (though others have enjoyed it there, so am planning try again).

One rec is for Koi at Planet Hollywood. Safe sushi places can be hard, they will happily go through the menu and the food is amazing.

Shoutouts for the GF at Giada, Lupo, Eiffel Tower restaurant, Mon Ami Gabi and Camelot Steakhouse.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. vplover

vplover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Celiac here too!!

7. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julien Serrano in aria has quite a few gluten free items noted on their menu. If it’s an allergy vs a preference I would mention that to the server to ensure no cross contamination (would hope it wouldn’t be an issue anyway, but they should use more caution for an allergy)

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.