1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

what's your Uber rating?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Kisby, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasTravelerBuddy

VegasTravelerBuddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm an overachiever.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what? they rate us? I don't see any ratings on the Lyft app.... where the heck do you find that?

OK - I looked it up and I guess Lyft doesn't share that on the app like Uber does... the site I was looking at did give tips on how to be a good passenger. One of the items on the list was "don't vomit in the car" - I'm serious. I'm afraid for the future of society that people need to be told this information.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    right under your name. 685701BC-025E-448D-BB17-1037D17326D2.jpeg

4. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question for the Uber Drivers..
    What rating score would make you decide not to pick someone up?

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4.9 on Uber over 250 rides - most in DMV. No idea what Lyft rating is - I emailed to ask because I'm curious now and I use Lyft far more.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is listed on my Lyft Profile page on the app.

5.0 for me, but I'm awesome and universally adored, so.... :goofy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 5 rating. I always tip on the app and not in cash. I rarely have cash on me.

8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Uber rating is 4.20. It took a big hit a couple of years ago when I mistakenly set an airport pickup in NY on the wrong day. I got a call from the Uber driver when I already was at my Manhattan hotel and at his request I "cancelled it" because it was my screw up. I guess he still did not appreciate it and zonked my rating. Since I tend to take Lyft more than Uber and the bus more than either when I can, I guess my rating never returned despite a 5.0 in my last four trips.

9. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Word.

10. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the location. If I'm working at the airport, less than 4.5 will make me think twice. If I'm out on a weekend night doing the bar traffic, less than 4.7 will make me think twice. There's no hard and fast number, though. I've had people between 4 and 4.5 who were perfectly fine and people north of 4.9 who I regretted picking up. It's all luck of the draw.

11. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you or the driver cancel a trip, no rating is issued.

12. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. In that case, I have no idea how my rating got a ding. I always tip including in cash when Uber wouldn't let me on the app.

Do you think Uber corporate itself dinged me by some algorithm for cancelling?

13. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah found it. 459 rides and 5.0 rating on Lyft.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is 4.99 on Uber. I have tipped in cash exactly 0 times (generally tip on the app).

15. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4.87. My rating has gone up since it was first rolled out. My rating was lower mainly because of a few trips where we had 5 people in a 4 person seating arrangement, lol. Cheap youthful days. And they didn't have Uber XL at the time, I think. Never tip cash. Always on the app. I don't slam doors. Ask how their night/day is going.

I recently had a really bad experience.
    My gf and I called an uber and it was a short ride, about 4 minutes. I wanted to take the uber because we were carrying a few things.
    She (the driver) started complaining that we should've just walked because our destination was so close and she started driving extremely fast. When she made a turn I couldn't not lean to the side. Freakin' insane lady. Anyways, I left a 1* and no tip obviously.

I've always known Uber, Lyft, and taxi drivers to prefer short trips because then they get more frequent tips. At least that's what they all say when I ask them if they prefer long or short trips.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think so. The policy, going back to 2015 when I started driving, is that there's no rating on either side when a trip is canceled.

17. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not me. Short trips are a hassle. Pull up, wait a few minutes, drive in traffic, drop off, drive 5 minutes, wait another few minutes...all my money gets eaten up in that waiting time. Give me a few long trips and let my night be over.

18. Ladeda

Ladeda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^ This. I tip $5 everytime, and a few times $10 depending on the circumstances. That said, I'm 4.97 out of 38 rides. One driver gave me a 4. It was the driver who almost hit 2 cars and I said woah as they were inches away from hitting another car. (Uber driver's fault.) So even though they got the standard tip, (hey everyone has a bad day,) and they were a poor driver-- they still dinged me. Guess they didn't like my woah comment as they were driving recklessly or the fact that I checked my seat belt halfway through the ride. I started using Lyft on my next trip to Vegas. The 4 I received still irritates me, especially bc I still tipped the person who really was a terrible driver, and if any driver didn't deserve a tip- it was this one.

19. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, I se what you mean. In my defense here, it is not a busy city. Traffic is non-existent. I never call an Uber early either. I wait until I'm at the location then I call them. And, in any case. Rude driver.

20. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still can't find mine on Lyft! Although I see where I can set my pronouns but 'Sweetheart' and 'Honey' and not in the list of options! 0 for 2!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.