1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas is the next gate over!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently at BWI airport in Baltimore, headed to Portland for work. The gate next to me is headed to Vegas, 20 minutes after my flight departs. Has anyone else experienced this pain?

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the time. Seems like everytime I'm in Philly or Charlotte I pass by a gate with a flight to Vegas.

3. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can one up you. I was scheduled direct LAX-MIA. They canceled the flight due to maintenance and re-booked me LAX-LV-MIA. Just a stop, no plane change. I was physically sitting on the ground in LV for over an hour, so close, yet so far. I debated deplaning and even checked flight prices home the next day...

It was like a knife in my heart.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I refuse to connect through Vegas. Too painful to be there and not leave the airport.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The torture! They don’t let you leave those planes, correct?

July 19th - July 24th
  6. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. Due to “head counts,” or something. I even asked if I could deplane, play a few hands of VP, and be right back. I was willing to play VP in an airport!

I was depressed for the rest of the flight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right there with you. I was on a weekly Southwest flight home (PHX) from SEA. A couple of hours in, pilot gets on the speaker stating that we were going to circle for a while as PHX was getting hit by a haboob or monsoon. We circled for what seemed like a couple of hours over the PHX airport then pilot gets back on and tells us that we need to make a quick pitstop in Vegas as we were running out of fuel, lol. Landed in Vegas, sat on the plane for about an hour while they refueled and waited for the weather to pass in PHX. All in all, I spent about 8 hours on the plane that day with the wifi broken.

Punk Rock Bowling!
    Formula 1!
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  8. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Constantly, and not surprisingly, that seating area is the only one with the majority of people smiling lol

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once had a flight from Phoenix to Columbus and intentionally booked it so that I would have a 9 hour layover in Vegas. The redeye home was miserable but those extra hours in Vegas were worth it!

10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't book a flight with a layover in Vegas. The closest I came was when I saw a flight with a layover in Vegas and ended up requesting more vacation time so I could just spend 5 days in Vegas at the tail end of the other trip

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep that is tough… since my home airport is Reno and I'm a SWA regular, most of my flights go through Vegas anyways as they've really cut back on the direct flights to most of my destinations. It sucks to fly to Boise, Portland or Seattle via Las Vegas, but that's often the deal... not to mention sitting there while watching the Vegas "fun" people get off and on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.