1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Democratic Debate in Vegas...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rm22, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As i got off the bus today and was walking back to my hotel, i noticed various crowds rooting for different presid candidates and a news group sitting at a corner on the Hexx patio. I new something was going on but wasn't sure who was comng out to speak. There was a sm crowd right in front of the news group w.andew yang signs so I thought it might have been him. I just kept walking as I was tired from being out all day and wanted to get to my room. After switching rooms due to misc reasons I came to find out that the Democratic convention is being held here in LV and strip streets were going to be closed (think for cars) tmrw and rooms were being filled. As I watch the debate I hear that it's being held at Paris, across the street from where I'm at. Wow.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Democratic Convention is in Milwaukee in July, but yes, tonight's democratic debate was held at the Paris Theater.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the debate was at Paris, and the media room at Bally's.

Unless you were at either of those properties, it was mostly unnoticeable. The closures (if they even happened, they were vague on whether they would, and it'd only be brief if so) were on the back roads, primarily Audrie and Paris Drive. The biggest impact was on the employees, since Paris Theatre is right by one the back-of-house entrances and some of the closures were around the employee parking lot. And apparently they closed the parking lot on the west side of McCarran up by the tunnel, though I doubt that seriously affected anyone. There was a lot of extra security at those two properties, and Secret Service all over the place, but the impact was pretty minor. Though I'm sure rooms were really full.

Speaking of Strip closures, by the way, apparently they cancelled the NASCAR hauler parade which had been scheduled for tomorrow, but the NFL draft is going to be a big logistical issue.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, hold a political event on the strip and most will never notice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trump was in town too. They closed off a large portion of the strip so his motorcade could drive through. I saw some pics and vids on Facebook Vegas groups.

6. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well unless it involves a hookers and or blow, or projectile vomiting caught on tape.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can politicians gamble and have they ever been seen gambling?

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and yes

I Need Spa
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is over, and people are sharing political opinion in this thread :nono: I am closing this to further comments.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.