1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Game level question

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by M15terP, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M15terP

M15terP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get that the gem count and your VIP level denote what level of comps you can get / what level of discount you get.

But the game level which sits on the bar in between gems and VIP... what does that really denote?

I get that you receive a small credits award when you move up a level (around 3.2m from memory was my last one) but the only difference I see in moving through the levels is it making gems more expensive to achieve.

I’ve recently gone into the early 80s and am now on level 83. The price per gem has gone up from 15m to 20m so it just seems that the higher level you are, the more expensive it gets - in other words you’re penalised for having gone through more gameplay and achieving a higher level because of this.

Or am I missing something and there’s actually a benefit to it?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, you pretty much got it.

Each advanced level gets a certain amount of chips as a bonus and the amount of wagers needed to get a gem gradually increases.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news is the levels max out at 202, so the current earn rate of about 30m per gem shouldn’t increase.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. M15terP

M15terP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phew... I guess they can only hit long term players / bigger spenders so much!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Novak

Robert Novak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, the "Level Up" level doesn't mean much after level 20 (where High Roller opens up). Sure, you get some coins at each level but it doesn't really change much (4mil at the 80-120 level range more or less).

Gem earning rate caps at 25M per gem, and it's tied to lifetime gem count (including any spent gems), not Level Up level. Over on FB we've tracked this and (1) there are people with higher levels and lower gem counts (and vice versa), and (2) people have seen very precise gem counts where the earning rate goes up, while nobody in a year has reported a gem cost change at a Level Up boundary.

Rewards are easier for newbies and harder after that. Not unusual for video and mobile games. Good news is it caps at 25M per gem and if you play well, it's not too hard to keep earning gems even without major game quirks coming up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. M15terP

M15terP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies, so it’s as I thought.

One concerning thing is I’ve managed to lose around 2.5bn chips in the last 2-3 days. Not sure if this is just awful luck or the game also doing its best to slow down progress.

When you’re only awarded a silver scratcher after 1,000 spins (10m chips minimum spend on that for a reward of 500k from the card) and then on the Dragon scratcher game you spin for ages trying to get 100 orbs, only to get 5 or 6 at a time out of a possible 15... seems fishy.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Veratio

Veratio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been climbin up, gained 3 billion in the last 3-4 days. Maybe I got yours? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The game has highs and lows just like real gambling. I’m sure the developers are not trying to slow down your progress.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. suhara

suhara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? If you ask me, I believe they've opened a hose on this games economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. M15terP

M15terP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely finding it to be the case.

Despite a few wins to bring me back slightly, it’s been way more losses than wins since I passed level 80 and I’ve dropped from 5.9bn chips to 2.3bn in the last 5-6 days.

Luckily, yesterday I achieved enough for a 4 night stay so I’ve made that reservation and locked it in... now it’s a case of almost starting again to build my gems balance. Got a few months to earn enough for some buffets but I’m going to have to build my chip balance s-l-o-w-l-y as too many large bets and I could wipe myself out if the current trend continues!

11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

I've managed to run 50m up to nearly 4bn over the last week or so, they must have hit my boomswitch, and not my doomswitch :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you found my chips.
    OH didn't get them all, so someone else must have got them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was down from 3.8 to 3, so went to Dragon Power 16m a spin... Dropped to 2 before bouncing back to 3.5 and quit.

14. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good move. I’m back up at 9 today. Not sure how long they will last.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohhh, I've never had 9, lol. I had 6, once.

I've got ~13k gems, so got enough for my summer trip, and maybe for Xmas, too depending on which summer days I take.

All good fun, and easy to do while sat at the desk working :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I could have the luck you guys are having. If I get lucky enough to build up to half a billion or more I get wiped out in one event.

17. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 Dice, Dice, and more Dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bankroll and gems aren’t an issue for me (over 10B and closing in on 22k games). My biggest problem is finding the time in my schedule to get to Vegas. If I can’t get an actual trip booked, I will have to schedule a throwaway trip so that I don’t play and not accumulate any gems! I know I will take the hit on the cancellation, but would rather lose about 2k in gems than to play for weeks, possibly months, with no gain. Wish I was able to get away a few times a year. :(

18. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same as that, I usually only get one trip a year, in the summer. However, I did manage to get out over Xmas as work was quiet, so had 2 trips for the first time since I started going in 2006.

Hoping to do the same this year, all being well. I'm going to book 4 nights in the summer along with a comped 3, but have to wait for Cosmo offers to update. This game would be gold if you lived in LA, and could just fire down every month or so :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. suhara

suhara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before the current breaking news I thought I'd never have to quote myself. We just got soaked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.