1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal buffet. What if any benefits does diamond get and....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Champster1, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about using my diamond 100 reward on wife and me at Bacchanal. I read today where there’s an upcharge for “ seafood “ tower”. Also VIP add on? Just want to do the buffet , get some crab legs and dessert. Don’t need to drink booze , but some of these reviews raise the cost to over 100.00

2. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a separate line for Diamond and each person in your party can get a free glass of champagne.

They did away with the free platter of king crab legs.

3. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with above, and want to point out how valuable that line skip is on a busy night. Last time I went there, the wait was 90 minutes for platinum which gets a partial line skip. I was seated drinking free champagne in less than 3 minutes.

Also, there is a small discount. I think its 5 or 10 bucks cheaper at dinner than regular price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you get crab legs with the standard entrance fee?

5. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had snow crab (both cold and steamed) when I was there a few weeks ago. I prefer the cold ones, but about 1/3 were still frozen. They also had lobster claws...again, some of them hadn't been fully thawed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I went to Bachanall in November there was some big convention in town so it was busier than usual at 6PM. Took forever to get up to pay in the Platinum line because they were ignoring that line & just calling up people in the Diamond line. But after you got up to pay everyone got dumped into one line to wait to get a table; there was no separate line for Diamonds. They had to wait just as long as everyone else once they paid..

• Like Like x 1
  7. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond and seven star have a separate seating line; platinum does not, but platinum has an express line to the cashier only, which is why when I went in November the cashier told the platinum person behind me there would be a 90 minute wait and I was eating and drinking in 3 minutes. And the platinum cashier line goes to the same cashier as the diamond and seven star lines. They wont take a single diamond person to the register unless the 7 star line is empty, and they wont take a platinum unless both diamond and seven star are empty, unless it's so busy those lines never empty, in which case they'll call up a platinum party about 1 out of every 6 or 7 parties.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They pretty much always have snow crab hot and cold, then one or two other kinds like Dungeness, rock, stones etc depending on the day. Occasionally king are available on the buffet but not usually. They used to bring king crab platters for diamond tables, but they don't do that any more. There are no upcharges at Bacchanal though except for the alcohol package or bottle service if that's what you're asking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The priority line as mentioned is a HUGE benefit, especially on weekends and/or busy times. I was there one thanksgiving, I had about a 15 minute wait, once inside I overheard another person say they waited almost 3 hours. And yes, even though the buffet has now been open for quite a few years, it still seems to be extremely busy. I notice a lot of large parties, special occasions, and tour groups. And because of this (and the price of the buffet) it seems people stay for much longer and tie up seating.

I wouldn't sweat the crab legs. There is no shortage of seafood available throughout the buffet in various forms.

The other benefit that Diamonds get is better seating (if available). They will usually seat you close to the buffet line which is huge as when you are carrying 1 or 2 plates of food navigating through this dining area can be difficult as tables are very close together. It's also nice if you just want to run up and get 1 or 2 items. I have actually seen people get lost here as there are multiple seating areas and they tend to look similar. I also prefer to be seated near the dessert section (LOL). When seated they will put a metal holder on your table with an elevated Diamond Placard on it so the wait staff know you are a diamond member, it seems to get better service.

Also, in the past I have been able to get Espresso & Coffee in paper to go cups.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like sitting next to the desserts too. Just because it's in the middle and easier to find.

Vegas 2024 Part 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your cost will be over $100 for two of you anyways if your going for dinner. That's before any upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    really? I was not aware that diamond members were eligible for a lower price

13. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May start at Platinum, I dont remember for sure, but it's usually $5 off for Bacchanal and $10 off the buffet of buffets pass if I recall correctly, but no discount on the Bacchanal upcharge on the pass. I used my celebration dinner there on a Tuesday night in November when the posted price was 59.99, and for two of us, my cash payment came out just under $11 after tax. Would have been a little over $20 without any discount.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. brianinmd

brianinmd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The diamond line can be great on Holidays. We decided to eat there on Thanksgiving (still needed to use the celebration credit). They were only taking reservations for non-elite/gold members which were running about 4/5 hours ahead. The diamond line without a reservation had us through the payment line in about 45-60 and then about 20 minutes to be seated, which would have been quicker if not for a table of 10 that were seven stars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use the celebration dinner at Bacchanal if you’re not staying at a CET property?

16. Brownyboy

Brownyboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course it's irrelevant where you stay

• Like Like x 1
  17. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Visited the buffet over "Valentine's weekend" holiday!? Which meant the price was jacked to $80. Seating was pretty quick for Diamond, maybe 10 minutes, but there were no lines other than some large group off to the side.
    Offered us nothing extra other than a little sign they put on the table. The hostess wouldn't let us sit at any of empty booths saying we had to have 2 more people... Over all I wasn't impressed, a lot of options, but only a small number jumped out as beyond ordinary. The snow crab legs were super tiny, have much better at the local buffet. Didn't care for the closeness of the tables or the overall layout and lighting. I will say the server was very attentive and friendly.
    Will likely stick with Cosmo or Wynn for any future strip buffets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.