1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Man Punching Airline Seat In Front Of Him

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by smartone, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I think I'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate them both. A lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think both parties could have handled this situation more like adults. Even though there is no rule against reclining your seat, I never recline my seat back out of courtesy to the person seated behind me. It's pretty much common sense, considering how the airlines have us squeezed in out seats like a can of sardines.

Personally, I think that the airlines need to set a no reclining rule, with the exception of 1st/business class where there is sufficient spacing. Needless to say, that would prevent some of these stupid incidents like the one in the video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both babes are wearing the same dress. I thought that was forbidden?

That dude has a face that I would love to punch based solely on his looks.

The lady was smiling when she turned.

How do we know that the schmuck wasn't just playing air drums?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're absolutely correct that that's a possibility. We can speculate all day about it, I only object to jumping to that assumption because you don't have any evidence to suggest that she found a doctor who would say such things. Likewise, there's no evidence in the other direction that an injury claim would have merit.

What there IS evidence of, is the fact that the man wilfully applied force to her body without her consent... and there's a non-zero possibility that an injury could have been sustained as a result. Like I said... we can speculate away, but using generalized assumptions about frivolous personal injury claims to form an opinion about something where there is no firm evidence yet makes for baseless opinions.

What exactly did this lady do that gives her claim, or her as a person, reduced credibility?

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  6. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, pretty much the root of a whole lot of our problems. In the words of the legendary American philosopher, Russel Zisky,
    [​IMG]
    - When I was a kid my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger... unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."
    Of course, there's also that old adage "Don't be a dick!". Exceptionally complex. ;)

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy is a jackass for sure under any circumstances he shouldn’t have punching the seat! However, Lol lady said she’s went to go see doctor and got a x ray lol. Both unreal.... just my two cents!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why can't the FA just say, "Yo, knock it off."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Listen, if I was in on a jury deciding the case I'd give her a fair hearing and listen to her doctor and check out her medical records. However, this is the court of public opinion. We've all seen what she "endured", and my verdict is LOL.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has she pressed criminal charges against the guy that "assaulted" her? Doesn't appear so from what I've gathered. If she truly felt she was assaulted and had suffered injuries wouldn't she of at least had the guy arrested? If not, that screams "give me a check" to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don't like it? fly an airline like Allegiant where the seats come "PRE-RECLINED" for your comfort !!! :D :D :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great distinction to bring up. Very well put.

People have perfectly legitimate reasons to not want to deal with police. For all we know, perhaps she has warrants and calling the police would guarantee her arrest independently of the matter at hand. Personally I WOULD have called the police, but that’s because I don’t currently have any circumstances that would prevent me from doing so.

I’m only stating that as a possibility though. I agree that the optics of not calling the police suggest exactly what you’re saying. But as I say, there are legitimate reasons to not want to involve the police... and as such I wouldn’t treat not calling the police as a definitive disqualifying factor of her claim.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only times I’ve ever gone to ICT I sat in main cabin extra on AA and it was fine

14. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me know when you figure out how to file federal criminal charges on your own behalf.

15. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup. I would have put my seat back upright and said to him. Touch that seat again and I will rip off your head and piss down your throat.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
  16. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I don't understand the people saying it's ignorant to recline, either.

If you don't want to be stuck in a row that can't recline, then don't book a seat there (or in the case of SW Airlines, don't be an oblivious moron that forgets to check in and shows up 5 minutes before boarding starts). If you can't handle people reclining at all, then book an airline that doesn't allow it or purchase a seat with more legroom. You know what's ignorant? Choosing to book a seat that doesn't recline and then complaining when the person in front of you reclines. If this was an issue for everyone, airlines wouldn't allow seats to recline.

For those defending his anger, did he also have the right to tell people not to use the restroom right next to him as well because the smell was bothering him?

The flight attendant is totally to blame here. All they needed to say, was, "Sir, if you don't stop harrassing the person in front of you we're going to have cops waiting for you upon our arrival. This is your last warning."

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, these were all the rage a few years ago...

upload_2020-2-13_18-26-32.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I stand corrected. Haha when I googled "how do you press charges if someone punches you on a plane?" the story in question showed up at the top. Turns out she claims she is pursuing federal assault charges through the federal authorities. So my bad on that lol.

Anyways, what I saw never passed the eye test for me and stand by my other statements. She did tweet this after the incident which while comical is another bad optic:
    “First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking he was gonna kill me with those crazy eyes. But I took so many hits and I thought how he did me wrong and grew strong! I learned how to tweet along. He hit my back – so many times so I’ll recline! I will recline! Hey hey!”

Thursday is my Friday, so cheers to ya. Haha I think I wasted enough time thinking about two crazies on a plane today.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right that not everything deserves one, but taking a stand on something like a reclined seat is not exactly a life altering situation. Maybe I didn't explain it as well as I should. It's called common courtesy. Not so common anymore as most people are too pig headed to be courteous. Most people don't enjoy the "comfort" of flying and being courteous goes a long way in situations like this. I'm not really saying either party is right, they're both being immature about it.

It's a little hard to compare sharing a meal in a restaurant to squeezing into an airplane. It's an issue of personal space, not taking material items from others. I tend to try and compromise when I can but it seems others don't want to do so. It's their right but I would be ashamed of myself to be a fool over something so petty.

• Like Like x 2
  20. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were still in the dating pool, a date who is a seat- recliner would be a deal breaker

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.