1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas For the buy 2 get 1 buffets. Can you charge to your room?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by tycoon, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if it's been asked.

I could have sworn that at one time, I read you had to pay cash / credit card.

But when looking at the Aria buy 2 get 1 buffets, I see nothing like that.

So can I charge it to my Park MGM room? I have a $300 dinner credit for my upcoming trip so it would be awesome to charge that one buffet to my room.

Thanks!

2. WheatThins

WheatThins Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to know the answer to this, too. Some of the other properties do have wording that says the second buffet must be purchased with a cash or credit card, and even adds an additional sentence that states room charging will not be allowed (MGM Grand, Mirage.) Yet other properties, such as Aria and Bellagio, make no mention of this in the terms and conditions.

You would think the more expensive MGM properties would require that you pay for the second buffet out-of-pocket. I would think that if the terms do not indicate room charging is not allowed that you can have them charge it to your room and if you have any trouble just show them their own terms.
    Screenshot_20200212-212639_Photos.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always, piggyback my food compscwith my Vegas buffet BOGOS.

Get the BOGO from the MLIFE desk, go to the buffet, BOGO is already added to my account FOR THAT DAY (be careful of this, you have to specify day, often even time of day) and then on the receipt you just write your room number and show ID.

Caveat, I don't know Park's policies, but I've never had a problem charging a BOGO My Vegas to the room and using RC to cover the paid portion. Just make sure your RC isn't hotel-specific. (Not many are, but some are.)

Update for @WheatThins ...I've never booked a BOGO with that fine print, so I'd err on the side of "plan for the worst". FYI not sure if you've tried the MGM buffet. It was, one of our most disappointing buffets....we tried it twice. BUT we all know buffets, one person can hate one, another love it, no buffet, will win 100% fan, base!

Good luck, and thanks for sharing the photo of the fine print.... I'll watch for this is future BOGOS!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted, it's been a couple of years since I redeemed the 2-4-1 at Aria, but they told me at the desk that I could not charge it to the room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WheatThins

WheatThins Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed one at Bellagio a few years back, so my memory is not good either on this. I am pretty sure the cashier asked me if I wanted to pay by cash, credit card, or room charge. So I think they can charge it to your room; however, the cashiers have been told not to. So the amateur Judge Judy in me says to print out the rewards email with the full terms and take it with you to the cashier, and tell them nowhere does it say you cannot charge to your room and "force" them to ring it up as a room charge? :D

On a serious note, if it is true that you cannot charge to the room for all the buy-one-get-one buffets, why has Play Studios not updated the terms for all the properties?

I think the easiest solution would be to just call the property and ask to be connected directly to the buffet. You'll probably be talking to the buffet cashier, who rings up dozens of these buy one get one offers every day. And you can ask them directly is it possible to charge to the room.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a @DaiLun question

• Like Like x 1
  7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi @SH0CK! I actually encountered this twice. Where the Mlife desk said I HAD to pay cash/CC (no room charge), but my Polish side made me try anyways since I had a food comp. The cashier at Aria (and another Mlife hotel where the Mlife desk said cc/cash only) had NO problem with the room charge. And the charged portion did come out of my RC on the final room folio/bill---it wasn't showing.

Now, if the offer spelled it out, I might be more nervous. But if it's just the Mlife desk, I'd try charging it to the room. If the cashier won't do it THEN you can do RC, but I've always found the cashier at the buffet really doesn't care, it's VIP services/Mlife that tries to be the hammer :)

Caveat for others: If Mlife VIP services tells you no room charges, and you want to try it, still bring a backup CC or cash, just in case I had a couple flukey incidents, with good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MLA

MLA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage has refused to do room charges for BOGO on a couple of occasions but I don't recall Bellagio or Aria ever having any issue with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the input!

@WheatThins , now that you posted that, it was the Grand I saw those terms at a few weeks ago. Then I went to Arias last night, before I posted this thread, and did not see it. Interesting.

@Multifarious5 that's awesome that you haven't had issues in the past! I don't think mine is Nomad / Park only, but I will ask at checkin this weekend. Where did you eat that they charged your room / allowed it besides Aria?

@SH0CK Hm. Now this changes everything lol. I guess it depends on the worker since it looks like one other person has had it work. I guess I need to work up my sweet talk.

@MLA awesome! So far that's two successes at Aria, vs one no go at Aria experiences. Will also try Bellagio too then.

10. JaDubya

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hijack but I have a question for @Multifarious5 Is your food usually comped by your host? If yes, why do you use the myVEGAS loyalty points on BOGO buffets vs on FreePlay? Maybe this was discussed elsewhere but I was just trying to see if I’m missing out on something.

11. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always charged these to my room Aria Bellagio mirage - I haven’t used the MGM one as it states you can’t charge it to your room which I consider to be stupid so they don’t get my trade

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another question that I have put to my host. Let's see what she says. I also recommended that the Rewards Department go through all of the rewards and make their wording consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And why is that?? Not to start an argument here, but many people get resort credit, which would essentially make it a "two free buffet" award. One of the purposes of a 2-4-1 from the business owner's standpoint is to get SOME revenue for the purchase. If you charge it to the room and resort credit is applied, the business owner would not be getting and "hard" revenue.

On a December trip, I had $100 resort credit, and I took two people to the Camelot Steakhouse at Excalibur. I had the $100 off $200 myVegas coupon, and charged the $100 to my room, and the resort credit was applied.

14. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've definitely sent the charges to the room for a BOGO at Mirage/Aria. MGM has always refused it (now the last time we ate there was about 3 years ago though). Aria/Mirage was just last year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've charged the bogo to the room at Aria (but for an Aria buffet), I charged the MGM bogo to my Mandalay Bay room a few years back (I am pretty sure it didn't have that fine print though, on no room charge), and I'm PRETTY sure I charged an Aria BOGO to my Bellagio room. I did also charge a Mirage BOGO to my Mirage room, but that was a few years back. YMMV

Hi @JaDubya i usually just book Corp offers on my own, no host. I get a food allowance. The BOGO let's me extend how far I can use my food comp.

On not using freeplay, now they won't let you combine it with a comped room. BUT ven before that though, I spend more than I should in Vegas, so $50/$100 freeplay doesn't go nearly as far as I'd like it too for that many My Vegas points. I get better value from the buffet BOGO for MY Vegas style, but it there will do better with FP :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. JaDubya

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @Multifarious5 . I found out definitively on VMB that a Facebook account is the only option to claim myVEGAS rewards which, for me, is a non-starter.

While I enjoyed playing the Kong game, I think I just wasted a month trying to collect LPs for FreePlay. :bang: Oh well. On the plus side, I’m learning so much from this board. You guys are an amazing source of Vegas information.

17. Veratio

Veratio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont use Facebook, started an account on an Outlook account I just called "myvegastrip2020@out....." or something like that. Never use it, when I get a reward, I log in and forward the email to my real email account.

Not a big hassle!

18. JaDubya

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting @Veratio - I might need to direct message you on this. Someone was told by his MyVEGAS host that Facebook is the only way & someone else agreed.

I generated enough for a smidgen of FreePlay. I’m gonna give it a shot when the reward becomes available & compare my approach with yours if I fail. Do you think it has anything to do with Outlook or can any email account work?

19. Veratio

Veratio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might have been unclear, wrote in on my cell in bed this morning. :)

I then used my fake outlook account to create a facebook account. All annoying notifications and such, go to the outlook account, just visit there when I redeem a reward.

And it´s a good thing to have as well, so you don´t loose your gems if your phone breaks or something!

Just thought, from a fellow "facebook/instagram/whatnot"-avid-non-user, you can make it work!

Sorry for being unclear!

20. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is so easy to create a second facebook account that I don't know why it would be such a hassle, unless you aren't allowed by law... You creeper. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.