1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET: Is there an advantage of using the Diamond check in lounge?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by romeocasido, Feb 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you walked into main entrance and faced the front desk, it would be in the hallway to the left. There are signs for the check in area. Diamond lounge (now called Laurel Lounge) is different but is also to the left.

2. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does ballys have one of these as well? I'm guessing it would be open normal business hours? Thanks

3. BACHTravel

BACHTravel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting to check in at the Diamond check in lounge has made Vegas so much more fun! As a micro-roller who has secured Diamond status, I get treated so well at Flamingo every time. Even though my play is puny, my last 3 rooms, which I booked at the cheapest rate I could find, I ended up being placed into rooms on the 23rd floor, 23rd floor and last week, the 25th floor! Yes, I always quietly put $20 on the counter and walk away without mentioning it. But I am treated so above my pay grade by the wonderful Diamond folks that I somehow enjoy Vegas even more now. Big fan here. Oh, and the mini-donuts were scrumptious!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with an earlier poster about using Kiosks. We did that at CP on a recent trip around 2pm. Said no rooms, so I cancelled out and went to the desk. Got room right away. betting if we had walked around the corner to the real Diamond checkin, we might have done better - but rooms was fine.

5. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Bally's has a Diamond check-in. If you're facing the check-in desk, it's all the way on the left through a pair of frosted glass doors. Next to the bell-hop area by the escalators.

They usually have beer or champagne available. Hosts have their desks in there as well. It's not open all day, but I don't recall the hours. If it's closed, they'll usually have a Diamond check-in line at the front desk.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used to be (maybe still) Platinum could use the check-in room at The Rio...So nice with ice water,cookies etc.Just away from the main check-in and only a few minute wait..Only Plat benefit I did miss last trip as I am lowly gold now..Staff is nice and once I left a tip and got a hand-written thankyou note from the girl who checked me in slipped under the door later on that day..

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is very nice, especially when it is hot in Vegas (I know that doesn't happen often lol............), you can stop in to the Diamond check-in at any time during the day when open and grab a couple more water shorties. Really helpful when you have taken a hot walk up the Strip in keeping hydrated. I miss the Linq one - they had a very nice one open for a while (then did more remodeling) and I don't think? they have replaced it. That had a fantastic coffee machine with good varieties and hot chocolate.

At Rio (before I got a portable cell charger), both a friend and I left our cell phones in the Diamond lounge for an hour on a charger so we didn't run out of power. They plugged them in back behind the host desk so they didn't walk out with anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i found the diamond check in at Bally's always very easy and cool (last 5 years i always stay at ballys jubilee room..no more suites as i quit playing slots and bankroll is more tight)
    just be aware they are not 24/7(i think from 8 am till 8 pm....after 8 pm you just have to check in at diamond line) anyways always friendly staff and they give you couple bottle of waters as well.....i never will do the 20 sandwich trick as i know it wont work for me as i am staying most of the time for 3 weeks or longer(so they wont able to upgrade me for 3 weeks in a suite->so no im not gonna even try!!!) if you stay for shorter time a couple of days(like my vegasbuddy @smerrian ) than if i was you i would try..smerrian got a nice suite upgrade(dont know if he payd for it) that was last year(see TR soo funny he got room across mine(his room was a nice suite though but he stayed only for 2 days i think)

• Like Like x 1
  9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify, there is no Diamond Check-in Lounge. It is to the left of the Main Lobby facing the front desk. It is call VIP check-in. It is for Seven Stars and Diamond holders. It is right across from Starbucks on your right and just before the Augustus Tower.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what if you hit diamond, but do not have a diamond rewards card - can you still use the diamond check-in and do they check your membership card?

also at caesars is the entrance on flamingo road open/available for diamond members, or do you still have to use the main entrance off the strip?

11. Drewby2b

Drewby2b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Your diamond status will be associated with your reservation. Ive never needed to have my actual card to check in.
    Yes, the side entrance by the Laurel collection towers is a great way to get in/close to the diamond check in lounge

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right so you can just direct your uber to drop you off there and then head in that side entrance? seems to make sense.

13. Drewby2b

Drewby2b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is how I always arrive when I stay at CP

14. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond checkin has it's own culture. With that said, it doesn't matter where you got your room from. It can be upgraded at the Diamond Checkin.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.