1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

25th Wedding Anniversary trip at Paris January 15 - 24

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Taris, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

My Trip Report

Below

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

Sorry for the delay.

Flashback to over a year ago. My wife and I discussed how were we going to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. An all inclusive in the Caribbean? No we do that just about every Christmas, a cruise, we’ve been on enough cruises. hmmm a cabin in the mountains? No. How about Vegas? I’ve been going to the SHOT Show for the past 4 years. Paris is my favorite hotel and last year I checked out the wedding chapel, sent pics to the wife grabbed a brochure and she approved. We then sent out feelers. Our friends and family were thrilled with the idea of going to Vegas. We had 36 friends and family travel from Atlanta and Florida To Vegas to celebrate with us.

Fast forward to January 15th 2020. We took an uneventful afternoon flight from ATL. Before the trip, We had a logo and matching sweatshirts made for the occasion.

On the flight, I ordered 3 Wild Turkeys and Ginger for the flight. I wanted to get this party started. The flight attendant laughed and repeated THREE? Either you can bring me 3 or I’ll hit the call button 2 more times. She laughed, then Compromised by bringing me 2 because she liked our shirts. She then wished us a Happy Anniversary and returned my drink tickets. I only drank 2, then dozed off.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 11
  3. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

Took Uber to The Westin where I booked a rental car for 2 days, then headed to Paris where I booked a mini suite for 5 nights, Wed - Mon. I was supposed to switch to a standard king room on Monday because Monday - Thursday was booked with the SHOT Show rate. I attempted to upgrade to a bigger suite but there were none available. I was able to remain in the mini suite throughout the entire trip. figured that was worth a $20 tip. We checked in and waited for a few friends to arrive. We drove to total wine to pick up some drinks for the room and for the party bus we rented as a part of the reception. We then hit the strip for food and drinks. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Beer Park, watched the fountains and had a few drinks. We ended the night at drinking Le Cabaret and enjoying the band. We called it an early night.

Thursday morning 1-16, upgraded my old CET Player’s card for the Stars and Stripes players club where I received free parking and Platinum benefits. We had an awesome breakfast at Blueberry Hill, then drove to The Hoover Dam. After Hoover Dam, we stopped at the South Premium Outlets for a little shopping, then other quick stops at Total Wine and a grocery store. We returned to Paris with enough time to relax, shower, and Pregame before the rest of the crew arrived. We linked up with a few people who arrived on Thursday and began walking the strip. We took our party or 20 and was able to secure a large table at The Yard House in LINQ Promenade. After dinner, I walked over to The High Roller and asked about getting a group rate for a party of 18, with the bar cart. 2 out of the 20 were not interested in The High Roller.

I was able to secure a group rate as long as it was booked in a single transaction. Done deal. We had a ball on The High Roller. The bartender was great and he kept the drinks coming. After the High Roller, we walked over to Caesar’s Palace to go to The Montecristo Club for cigars. On the way, we heard good music coming from Vista Lounge and decided to stop in for a drink. There were also a few people smoking cigars. We grabbed some real estate and spent the rest of the night partying in Vista Lounge.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love a woman that wears camo!

#ATL

5. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

Friday morning we were all moving a little slow then we met up and had a late breakfast at Blondies in PHo. I met up with the party bus owner and delivered the drinks, beer and mixers, then I returned the rental car to The Westin. I stopped in Stage Door to get in a little VP and cheap drinks while everyone went back to their rooms to rest and get ready for Friday night.

We separated the guys and girls on Friday night. We weren’t interested strip clubs or a “bachelor” and “bachelorette”parties. For the guys, I booked 2 third floor booths at Top Golf and the ladies went to a show a PHo, then had dinner and drinks at Ocean 1 grill. High Roller Transportation threw in a smaller party bus to take the guys from Paris to Top Gold. We cruised up and down the strip listening to music before arriving at Top Golf for our 7:30 reservation. We spent our 2 hours at Top Golf playing, eating and drinking, the walked back to Paris to meet up with the ladies. We ended Friday night partying at Vista lounge.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  6. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the sweatshirts!

7. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

The ceremony was Saturday afternoon. We had another late breakfast at Blondies. Before the ceremony, I got dressed in my sons room and my wife and her sister had the suite. The ceremony was beautiful. We reserved a semiprivate room at Le Village Buffet for the reception. Thankfully, the buffet was great. The food was good, hot, and the buffet lines were neat and clean. The roasted duck was delicious.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Love Love x 12
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Cograts!

9. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a lovely anniversary party!!

10. MaxVegas

MaxVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report! Congratulations on 25 years!

11. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's the way to celebrate 25 years! :nworthy: Congrats to both of you and thank you for sharing with all of us.

Tiki bars, slots, national parks, foods, cocktails, laughs, good sleep
  13. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

A few hours after dinner, we got on the Huge 40 Passenger MegaParty Bus from High Roller Transportation. Cheikh, the owner showed up early and had the bottles ready. The mixers, beer and bottled water were iced and we were ready to party. I synched my phone and began playing the 5 hour playlist I had worked on for 6 months. We left Paris and stopped at the welcome to Vegas sign where we took a group picture. We then rode up the strip to downtown where we got off the bus and enjoyed The Fremont Street Experience. For many, it was their first time downtown. Everyone enjoyed FSE. We then road down the strip, partying and drinking and stopping to take in a few sights. After surveying the crowd I noticed a few people on the bus were spent. I asked Cheikh to take us back to Paris bathe look of relief on their faces was priceless. No way they would’ve lasted 2 more hours. We took the remainder of the drinks up our suite and we polished off a good bit. We the. Wandered the strip, stopping for drinks, listening to music before we ended up back at, you guessed it, Vista Lounge. The majority of us stayed out past 2AM before the slow trek back to Paris. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
  14. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on 25 years! And that white tux coat, :clap:

Thanks for the report!

15. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

Sunday morning I was able to secure some real estate at Beer Park for the AFC & NFC championship games. We enjoyed the games and went way beyond the dood and drink minimum. Sunday night the majority of us took Uber to the movies to see Bad Boys3. We all enjoyed the movie. When I returned to Paris, it started.

I had the chills, fever and body aches. A total of 12 of us came down with the flu or a cold. I spent the next 3 days in the room resting and taking medication. The majority of the group flew home on Monday where some went to the doctor. A few people tested positive for typeA flu, the others had colds. I felt better by Wednesday and I finally made it to The SHOT Show. I walked the show for the majority of the day, being careful not to shake hands. I simply explained I was getting over a cold or some type of bug. Wednesday evening I played a few hands of VP while having a bourbon then went to bed early. We flew home on Thursday night.

Everyone says they had a great trip, even those who got sick. We enjoyed Vegas so much some of used booked a trip for The NFL Draft in April [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. Cashman

Cashman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 at one time! I want to hang out with you guys! Happy 25th and thanks for sharing your experience.

17. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the TR. looks like you had a blast! Congratulations!

18. Taris

Taris Low-Roller

Final thoughts.

Special thanks to High Roller Transportation for the party buses.

The ladies at the Paris wedding chapel were awesome.

Vista Lounge was our hang out spot. Great music and great drinks.

I did not golf this trip, maybe next time.

I think I’ve had enough of going to Vegas in January, I’m ready for hot Vegas.

NFL draft weekend is mad expensive. We booked rooms at TheD, first time staying downtown. I’m looking forward to warmer weather while in Vegas.

Thanks for following along.

• Like Like x 4
  19. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started crying looking at the wedding renewal photos. How beautiful!!!

Easter again..:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! congratulations on your anniversary Great job planning your trip and ceremony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.