1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife offer query

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pd54, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a booking of 8 nights through an Mlife offer, which included 4 complimentary nights.

We have just seen my wife has the same Mlife offer, so the last two nights of our stay we are paying for can now be booked by my wife as comp nights. However to make a modification to the booking, the website says to call them, but I live in Ireland and it is expensive to make this call.

I know I can cancel my reservation online, but if I did does anyone know if my 4 night offer still be there for me to re-book instantly, or will I have lost the offer?

Suppose I can email Mlife for this, but you guys here always know the answer to these Mlife quirks!

2. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Download the Skype app and you should be able to call the hotel for free. I live in Scotland and have made calls to the Mirage and Wynn via Skype for no charge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do your offers get refreshed monthly, or are you on a longer schedule?

If you're on a monthly offer cycle, and you booked the offer in February, it should be available to rebook immediately if you cancel. I haven't had any problem with that situation in at least a year or so.

If you're on a monthly cycle and you booked in a prior month, you should be seeing new offers for every hotel anyway. In that situation, the risk of cancelling is that the terms of the new offer are not as generous as the one you originally booked, or that the room rates have risen enough since your original booking to possibly price you out of getting certain night(s) comped.

I think the risk is low if you're on a monthly cycle, the major factor would be what your dates are; if the dates you want to keep include one or more really popular dates, and you booked a long time ago, there's a greater risk of a price spike.

If you're on a quarterly offer cycle, I don't know if your offer will pop back up if you cancel.

If you can't use Skype and are talking USD $10 or less to call, I'd call.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Step 1: Book your wife on a totally separate reservation.

Step 2 - Call and cancel the extra nights. As said, get an app that lets you call free/cheap.

Step 3 - When you check in, I would check in normal.

Step 4 - once you are checked in, decide if you want to just keep the room you have and ask the front desk to combine with your wifes.
    or
    Step 4b - after YOUR stay, check out and get the new room. Only reason to maybe do this is hopes of getting a better room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the help.

I think I’m on a monthly cycle. My wife’s rates look identical to mine, so should be fine regarding that. It’s end August / beginning September.

I’ve emailed reservations, so if they let me do it by email then all the better!

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking dates up through September 3, you're probably fine as far as not needing to worry about price changes. September 4 is the start of a US holiday weekend, but August is traditionally a slow/cheap month.

I agree with @nostresshere about booking the last 4 nights on your wife's offer first (so you're sure about what she can get) before you alter your own reservation.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let your wife book her dates for her comps and when you are there tell them you don’t want to pay for the last two nights of your booking - you might have to move room if they are aren’t capable of sorting that out for your wife’s booking

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.