1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tier match 2020

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bertie52, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For CET you are allowed a one time tier match to Diamond if you are MLIFE gold. It must be done in person. Go to a CET rewards desk and say you would like to get tier matched. (you'll need a CET account so if not you'll have to sign up as well) They ask for your ID, CET rewards card, and your MLIFE gold or higher card to verify. They check the system to see if you've done that type of match before as you can only do it once. The match takes about 5 business days to complete but i would see if you can get free show tix.

You will be diamond for the rest of the rewards year. For CET that ends in of Jan next year... So the best time to do it would be in Feb or later... If you get matched in November, you will only retain diamond for 3 months until the end of Jan...

Diamond gets you free resort fee (basically $40 off each night), spa passes based on the property, express lines, free valet, and 2 show tickets per month (not any of the colesium or zappos theater shows, just the small magic and revue shows), you also get a $100 restaurant credit for a one time use, they call it the celebration dinner

You should get matched in your may trip and in Dec you can use your $100 celebration dinner and see a show. The free show tickets can only be reserved the month you want to see it so you can't book it ahead.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion would be to do everything online ahead of time. Use your Marriott status to tier match to Wyndham, then use that status to match to Caesars Diamond.

3. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, they have been taking 7-14 days after matching to make the $100 dinner available. Last year I had a friend who was in Vegas for 6 days, she matched on her first day, but by the end of her trip she still didn't have the dinner available... I think some of that may be intentional on the part of CET.

4. mhetrick

mhetrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET Tier Match is no longer available for current Caesar's Rewards Members. You must be a NEW Caesar's Reward member for a tier match to Diamond in 2020.
    https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/promotions/diamond-tier-upgrade

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It basically still is though. You just have to match to Wyndham first then match to Caesars.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As stated above, you can match Mlife Gold to Caesars Diamond provided that you have not matched previously and are not a current caesars rewards member.

Another option, that will take 2 steps and is all done on line is:
    Join Wyndham Hotels reward program. They will match your Marriott Platinum Elite to their Diamond status for 90 days. During those 90 days you can match Wyndham diamond to Caesars Diamond and you will be Ceasars Diamond thru 01/2021.
    Here is the link for the wyndam match:
    https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/status-match
    Once you have your Wyndham Diamond status (usually 2-5 days), here is the link to match to caesars diamond:
    https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/partners/wyndham_resorts

• Like Like x 1
  7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome thanks! Looks like my Marriott status is worth something afterall as my wife and I are both already CET members.

8. tom a

tom a Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I requested a wyndham to caesars march for diamond and still show up as platinum online and I did it monday
    But booked the rooms when I was diamond what will happen or should I mention at players club I matched at wyndham

9. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of us requested on Saturday and got it on Wednesday, so give it another day.
    You will get the resort fee waived based on if or if not you are Diamond the night of your stay, regardless of when you booked.
    Other benefits like shows and the dinner credit they frequently delay a week or two after you upgrade on a match before they let you claim them. YMMV

10. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I requested the Wyndham match to Diamond first thing on Saturday but I'm still showing Platinum. Anyone in the same boat as me?

11. tornadobox

tornadobox High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be up front saying that I skimmed through a bunch of this thread...so apologies if this was already posted.

I think I'm on my way to a Caesars Diamond match, the round-about-est way possible, as I had matched directly from MLife Gold to Caesars Diamond which expired at the end of January 2020, and seems I am not eligible for that match-method again.

I'm already half-way down this new rabbit hole...

I've matched my MLife Gold to Hyatt Explorist (immediate match due to partnerships), and submitted my Hyatt Explorist match to Wyndham to try for the Wyndham (Diamond?) match.

If I get the Wyndham match, I should then be able to use it to match my Caesars back to Diamond.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo!

Travel Fanboy would be proud.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jesse

Jesse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if they are doing it again this year but last year I was mlife gold and just went to thr total rewards counter and showed them my card. Then they matched me to Diamond.

14. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks it was pointed out a few ago that they changed it this year and it's for 1st time CET sign up only. We have had an account for a few years.

15. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well myself and spouse still aren’t upgraded. Sent it in on the first. Guess I’ll try again

16. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes me and my spouse. Same.

17. dwild

dwild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat... no tier match yet from Wyndham and submitted on the 1st. I resubmitted it a day ago. I guess we will see how that goes.

18. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I requested it Saturday and I'm still waiting

19. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, weird thing is i received a notification on my phone earlier from TR congratulating me on my tier status upgrade. I get home log in and its still showing platinum, no clue whats going on at this point

20. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, IT could take up to Seven business days i think IT said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.