1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using Turo

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sassiesandy, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

Has anyone here used Turo to rent a car for a day or so. Will they deliver to your hotel and pick up when done or do you have to go get it and bring it back to same place?

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used it for a day to go to Red Rock. I ubered to his house to get and drop off the car, but there is an option to have them pick up. When searching for a car make sure to look at all the filters for free pick up and drop off ( I missed this step)
    I will be using Turo for 2 weeks in Hawaii though, much better than renting a car form the big companies!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had two terrible experiences with Turo and will never use them again. They will always side with the car owner in the event of a dispute. Proceed at your own risk.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. NWAKALUM08

NWAKALUM08 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a fantastic experience. Make sure to look at all the filters like @h0und10 mentioned. I found a convertible mustang that was willing to drop off and pick up at a different location. We only paid 100 bucks for 2 days. Try to get an All-Star host. They have the most experience and are easiest to deal with. Make sure to find some sign up bonus and you can also find deals for All-Star hosts.

5. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just rented a loaded Tesla Model X to go skiing in Mt Charleston. Just like AirBNB I will only use the highest rated hosts.

Overall I enjoyed it and will use it again.

6. Texaschameleon

Texaschameleon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used turo the lady weekend in October to rent two slingshots to go to Valley of fire. Took an uber to the persons home for about 8 dollars. The experience was phenomenal and they cost us 79.00 for 24 hours each vs 299.00 for half a day from an agency. Would definitely recommend turo, but as others have said only book an all-star host.

Have fun!!

7. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is Turo

8. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AirBNB for Cars. You rent peoples cars.

9. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had one terrible experience and they refunded me the entire trip, plus gave me 25 dollar credit for future use!

10. Depdawg227

Depdawg227 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used in LV to rent slingshot for the day was 1/3 cost of dealer and you keep for 24 hours or return earlier if you want. Remember to get a discount code for 25-50 bucks off. Use top rated people only

11. Funkyboer

Funkyboer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Turo more than 10 times and always had a good experience, just don't think you are going to get a great car for $30, you get what you pay for. I usually rent something a bit more exotic and ALWAYS make sure there are reviews on the person you are renting for , ALWAYS. Never have them deliver to an airport as it's way too expensive, just Uber to the location and Uber back to the airport. Make sure you take pictures on any damages. Turo is great for something you usually would not get at a car rental. Last car we rented was a Jaguar F-Type for 4 days in Austin TX, lots of fun.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Here you go.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do some searching and start a rental, you will see the answer is - yes, no and maybe.

Some "hosts" will meet you at the airport, or even hotel. Some will do it for a fee. Some will require you come get the car. It all depends, and can quickly change the price with added drop off or pick up fees - if charged.

14. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you I do not rent much but now I have one more option when I travel

15. GR630

GR630 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Turo whenever I'm in Vegas. If anyone is looking for something sporty/fun, check host Alfonso Ortiz. He's got everything from a current gen MX-5, a couple of Porsches, a BMW M2 a Giulia Quadrifolio, and a 4Runner. Some are manual transmissions too, for those who prefer to row their own gears. Super cool guy, and he will pick up and drop off anywhere for no charge, and is very flexible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.