1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you prefer strip view or...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Kisby, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like a strip view, BUT I also LOVE a mountainview.

At Cosmo, I always want strip view if possible, but anywhere else?

Often I prefer the mountain view. The southwest has spectacular sunrises/sunsets, and after the noise and bustle of a night /day in Vegas, those mountain views really sooth me, I love them.

Caveat: We have been going to Vegas 2-3 times a year for awhile. If it's your first or second time in Vegas, do the strip view if possible. We just come enough we've come to appreciate mountainview as well
    !

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nohitter1217

Nohitter1217 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give me a parking lot view. I'm in vegas and only sleep and shower in my room

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind either a strip or mountain view at most properties. Although if I ever decide to stay at the Cosmo, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a strip view.:D On the other hand, the worse view that I had was my first stay at GVR. I ended up with a room with an excellent view of the side of the parking garage. :eek: I guess I shouldn't complain, since the room was a freebie.

4. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you first get to your room, as you're enjoying your first Vegas drink, that view with the sun going down brings a level of anticipation and excitement like no other.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually ask for a view of the pool if it's pool season. When I'm getting myself together in the morning, I like to be able to look out the window to see if it's starting to get crowded so I can head down in enough time to get a chair on the end of the row. If I can't, I don't really care where they stick me as long as it is on a floor with an ice machine.

6. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comfortable bed and hot shower......could care less about the view

7. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prefer the largest room I can get on an upper floor. I only look at the view when I arrive and a few moments each day when I get up to see if it is daylight/dark or raining. I don't spend much time in my room.

Need a good trip this time
  8. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up and away. I like a good view when I'm having coffee and working on a plan.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same. I prefer the Strip/fountain view at Bellagio and Paris as well, but otherwise, the mountain view is pretty nice from the west side of the Strip. At Aria, in particular, the "Strip" view doesn't really do all that much for me due to where Aria is located and the fact that it curves inward. I certainly don't mind it, but probably wouldn't pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Trillak

Trillak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    95% of the time I stay at Luxor, so the view there is no big deal because it's so far south. This time, however, I'm staying at Paris, so fingers and toes crossed that I'm able to treat myself to a Tower/Fountain view. One time, dealer.

11. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to have a quiet room, and I'm ok with mountains anyway.

12. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always prefer a strip facing room, however our favorite property is the Cromwell so a high floor is not possible. We always have a strip instead of Flamingo facing room but view is limited. At least with the Cromwell I can people watch everyone going over the bridge and catch part of fountains.

13. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally depends on where I am staying. Cosmo it's gotta be a fountain view. At Palazzo, I aways request the golf course view so I can enjoy leisurely room service breakfasts looking at the mountains and the greenery. PHo, Paris, or Bally's I do like a view of the fountain but I am fine if I don't get it. Anywhere else, I am pretty flexible with location being as important as view.

14. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer strip, but with so many trips to Vegas. There is hardly anything new to see and don't look out of the wind very much anymore. I've had a garage view a few times but the room was great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Flamingo I have changed to preferring a garden view - it's so mello. If I am facing Strip then I want South, close to front and high up. At Paris, I like having a tower (Strip/fountain) view because I like to fall asleep with the Eiffel Tower lights outside the window. However, I'm also fine facing east towards the mountains. Only ones I don't like are straight 'up and down' with views of Ballys or Planet Hollywood. At Ballys I just want to make sure I am in the Jubilee Tower and on a slightly higher floor.

I won't pay extra for a room view, however if it is comped I will risk losing some back end comps and choose the Strip view. Traveling alone, however I won't risk more back-end comps and upgrade to a comped suite. I will stick with a regular room.

Easter again..:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came take either one. Not hung up on one or another. I am only in Vegas for three or four days. I am not going to get too concerned about the view out of the window. I have had rooms with a view of rooftops. I managed to live through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.