1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steak House for our 30th!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dtmk66, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife would like a nice steak house for our 30th wedding anniversary. We would like to stay between $125 - 200 for our meal and would like some advice where we should go based on your experience. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you need to be _____ hotel-close? Does that include booze?

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ruth Chris at Harrah's. Great value, totally within your price range (closer to 200, depending on what you order, but all in in terms of apps, entree, sides, dessert and a drink or wine).

Also the steakhouse in Excalibur. Very good, great price (Groupons are often available), and IMO underrated.

Off strip, Cornerstone at Gold Coast. Less of an ambience but coupons can be had and with one you could have an all in meal for 125 for 2. Also very underrated IMO.

Lastly, Scotch 80 prime at The Palms. Probably closer to 200 all in. The one time I dined there I really enjoyed it.

I usually have a food comp I use at any CET place, e.g. Ruth Chris, but have considered going back to Cornerstone and Scotch 80 prime to dine if I were otherwise going to be in the area. I'd like be paying for my meal even though I am RFB at Wynncore.

There are a number of great old school places downtown. I am not an expert there but look forward to trying Andiamo for the first time during my April trip (using points from The D).

4. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the Steakhouse at Circus Circus. Old time steakhouse. All sides are included....Excellent service.....should easily get out for less than 200

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree re Circus Circus and you never know with the changes to CC whether the restaurant will remain.

6. wam

wam Low-Roller

highly recommend charlie palmer steak in the four seasons hotel. cut of the week price fix menu with unlimited wine pairings for $ 59 per person. best deal in town. think they may be closed on sundays. you can check out the menu online. you will not be disappointed. we go there everytime we visit las vegas. great atmosphere, a bit dark, excellent service as well. $ 160 out the door with a very generous tip.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice info. Have been to the one in DC but forgot about the Vegas location. With that deal that jumps over some of my suggestions based on ambience and service.

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't ask about breakfast or lunch but if there for 2 days or more I would seriously consider the Milos lunch special. Amazing food, service, ambience, location, etc. etc. I say for 2 days or more as that might be a lot of rich food for two meals back to back on the same day.

And, if visiting on a weekend, MAG for brunch as you can see the Bellagio fountains starting at noon, on the weekends (3 pm during the week). MAG without the fountains is wonderful too but with the fountains it is a like the cherry on a sundae.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on Charlie Palmer. The Cut if the Week is a great deal and you still get the full steakhouse ambience and service.

10. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No advice on steakhouse options other than the obvious but would like to congratulate you on your 30th anniversary!!! Mrs Wallew and I will celebrate our 20th this spring.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off topic but @julia, I was noticing your signature. I have seen Barry Manilow 3 times in Vegas in the past couple of years (twice solo and once with my mom) and I saw Sarah McLachlan at Encore last year. Both are great concerts in different ways. You will have a blast.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I no longer can recommend CC Steak, after doing so for a very long time. Our November experience just wasn't there, and that's even with them not charging corkage.

CP at Four Seasons is a winner. There are many others in town.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, congratulations!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree about the steakhouse at circus circus, Was completely underwhelmed with the food and atmosphere.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    where are you staying and playing?

No sense driving/cabbing past other real good places that are equally fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.