1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do Cosmopolitan Non-Fountain View Wraparound Suites....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Audible Nectar, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ........guarantee club noise from the Marquee, or are there units that could be requested that would be less susceptible?

There would be four of us (couple and two singles), and we're thinking about "make shifting" one of these for a week stay as we like the balcony and the extra space, even to the extent that we would check portable bedding on luggage to best take advantage of that space. It also seems that the Vegas Strip seems to like to sell rooms "two by two" (making four people buy two rooms), so our foursome is discussing the non-fountain wraparound as a compromise because we like the space overall and can save lots of $$$ on it. We could get two rooms too, but like the wraparound and the "all together" layout as we think the room will be great for gathering.

It seems that these suites are located in places/sides of the buildings that face the club, and am curious as to how much that affects the rooms, and if anyone has personal experience as to just how obtrusive this would be - or if there's some areas/sections that would be less affected by the whomp.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not knocking folks that bunk up together...

But, it always amazes me. Just my wife and I have some issues with one staying up late, and the other getting up early - so we try to get a suite. And, even being married 40 years, if we can get two toilets, that is even better. LOL!

Having to deal with 3 other people and THEIR schedules, especially in Vegas just does not seem to work for us. We have taken many others to Vegas and actually make sure we tell them about certain meet up times, and other "do whatever you want" times.

Again - to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. I guess my hubs and I are too spoiled to our house. We need double sinks and we need two bathrooms and two tv’s just for the two of us. Can’t imagine having to deal with others. Maybe we are just too old for that.

Sema Show
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can work with multiple rooms, but a single standard hotel room is not something I'd want to share with someone else. I won't travel with more than one person, and when I have friends stay here with me, it's fine as long as they're not light sleepers who can't handle me having early meetings or getting up to use the bathroom at 3am, or vice versa if they're a 5am-trip-to-the-gym people. In terms of schedule, I try to keep a really light touch on that; there are some places where you really do need reservations (or where a basic OpenTable location won't get me the table location or service expectations I like), but that's usually not more than one meal a day, at the most

5. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems OP is asking for advice on the room and not regarding their decision about sharing.

That being said, the room is huge! It has a doorbell because the entryway is so large. It also has two full baths with is great for guests and also makes sharing easier. Cosmo has some nice rollaway options you can consider. We recently used a Wraparound to entertain several guests for the College Football Championship game. It was a big hit!

If you get a high floor I don’t think the noise from the club will be a large factor.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:

The room size plus that looooong balcony is what has us googly-eyed. All of us would be there for the same reason, on the same schedule, save for possibly individuals doing different stuff during the day. But being one who is very experienced at the "group travel, especially for concerts" sort of thing, and being an open ended discussion among the four, have this as one option we are seriously considering.

We could also do pairs of rooms, like two Terrace Studios or Terrace 1BR or 1 each, or two of any other location or resort pretty much. But we got to thinking about what we really want out of the week in terms of day to day, and the Cosmo balcony combined with the access to the Strip really has us wanting to be there as choice # 1. The week in question is a $1500 savings to do a Wraparound (not fountain view) shared vs pairs of double occ balcony rooms or Wrap/FV - that' some serious coin hence looking into this possibility. It has the extra bathrooms too, so if we can fill in the bed space (and we can) we'd be good to go.

We're not comped (although I have signed up online for Identity in case that helps in any way) and expect to pay normally available discounted rate for room(s) at Cosmo for that week.

7. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had my 1st stay in a Boulevard, 35th floor wraparound terrace, non fountain view. It’s pretty awesome! The bedroom faced the strip & the other side was Aria. The Boulevard pool was directly below & I could see the other pool on Aria side. There was street noise but not too bad. I could hear the fountains crash. I loved it & it was nice & sunny on that side in the mornings for coffee. I don’t know if the Cosmo is strict but they could charge you $45/night for each extra person. Hope you have a great trip!! 49D3BEAA-9FA4-455A-9819-21511F0EF06C.jpeg
    04103C9E-0E6A-4B48-A601-842B72B93EF7.jpeg 0C8E96FD-8B7D-4335-9EFC-FBFE79476D62.jpeg FCC13BEF-126D-423D-9FFC-6A8DEE2836E9.jpeg

8. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:

.......and the nightclub???

As for the extra person, we pretty much figured we better "fess up" in advance, as we will be there during a busy time and know that (at least off and on) there's a key check, I think.

We would be VERY cool with that view.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't even know where the nightclub is located in comparison to where I was but I heard no nightclub noise. I say go for it!

10. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's in the picture to the right in your post I think - , wearing the "day club" suit (which who knows if that's open in Jan but I doubt it).

Were you there over a weekend? Curious if that club was open during your stay at all or if you were there when it was dark.....

11. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last Monday & Tuesday nights so it could very well be that it was closed

12. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday is Industry Night at Marquee so yes it was likely open.

Any other experiences from others here?

13. fraygul

fraygul Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't remember what floor I was on but I was about half way up in boulevard tower facing south and west. I was extremely sick. In the day I would lay out on the balcony on the South Side. The pool music was kinda loud but not unbearably so. It was like hanging out at the pool by myself haha. I had no problems sleeping day or night. I had boulevard tower once with a fountain view room in boulevard tower about as high up and it was so loud I couldn't sleep. I was pissed right off.
    The last time I had the wraparound it was lowish on the strip/south side. Low enough it smelled like hot dogs. It was not loud either. I do bring ear plugs now after that crappy trip where I couldn't sleep just in case but haven't needed them yet.

Also, always being sick, gotta tell you, the couch in the wraparound is comfy. The second bath's shower is an oversized single.. it you can deal with sharing, it's a great room to do it.

14. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The club noise is noticeable even on high floors, but it's only open during the day. More problematic to me is the sun in the summer, both the south terrace and the room get pretty warm! Cosmo does have twin rollaways that are reasonably decent.

15. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not so worried about the day version, I was more concerned about the really late night (until 5 AM) variety.

We'll be coming in late October. so the southern exposure might even be welcome, and even if 80ish degree temps not problematic.

16. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, you might want to check the website, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if the pool part of Marquee is open at night or not...I think maybe just the weekends

17. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea what the cost is on a rollaway bed?

18. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t remember exactly, but it wasn’t stupid expensive. Maybe $35?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I think it's $30-35

20. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After thorough review we have decided to book this for the eight day stay late October - we perused several other options, including Elara, Aria, Vdara, and Luxor, and as a group find the the location and setup of the room - even sans "fountain view" - to be ideal for the purpose for which we will be Vegas for this trip. We will be able to make a couple of "bed additions" to make best use of the 1200 sq. ft......just looking at our local Wal-Mart/Bed-Bath-Beyond and some other places have us knowing that we could BUY a better Matt for the week's use than would be provided by the hotel rollaway.

We'll tweak this in accordance with the event ticketing - two years ago we ended up doing the "packages" which had the event tix and rooms together, as this was the best way to avoid high secondary market prices for the concerts. If we succeed in procuring those tix without having to buy the full package, then this room will be the choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.