1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Okay, I tried Popeye's Chicken Sandwich

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by makikiboy, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, when I was in vegas last week I finally had a chance to pick up Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Cost was $3.99, much cheaper than in Honolulu which was closer to $6 just for the sandwich.

My opinion? I wouldn't wait in long lines (in Hawaii) just for this sandwich. Guess I'll only eat it when I'm in vegas. Yes, the chicken patty was a lot larger than at the other fast food places. Sauce was okay but not great. Same with the bun, okay but not the greatest.

I can't believe people in Hawaii are still waiting in long lines just to get this sandwich.

But a couple of days later I had the chicken fingers at Raising Cane's. I liked them better than the Popeye's chicken sandwich.

This is JMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never was keen on Popeye's chicken. Always thought the best recipe was KFC and if you caught it just out of the broaster it was the best.
    Next week I'll be in LV and I plan on comparing Hattie's sandwich and Cracked Chicken's sandwich.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BaileyPaws

BaileyPaws Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too much cornflake crust, not enough chicken. From worse I ever ate to best... this gets like a 6 maybe a 7 if I'm inebriated.. on a ten scale. I make these at home... it's not worth the hype to wait in line for any significant amount of time. Its edible, but it ain't great at all. Just my honest opinion of it.

Chick fila is my favorite chain chicken sandwhich. We have some local places here that are just down right dirty... they are amazing. I can't even replicate it at home ffs... not yet soon.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Horribly overrated as most things that hyped are. Popeye's must have a brilliant marketing team though...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Popeyes are really popular where I live,and not just for the sandwiches. I don’t get it, their sides are really disgusting tho I’ve only had them once. I agree with above about raising canes...

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still like KFC chicken over Popeyes. As far as chicken sandwiches I'm not a fan so I don't really care if I don't get a chance to taste the Popeyes sandwich which got everybody here in Hawaii clogging the drive thru's.

But I did get a chance to try a Chick Fil-A sandwich in Vegas. My In-laws and my wife wanted to try it so I was outnumbered and out voted.

It was delicious! Loved it. Would I go back again? Well, I'm not a chicken sandwich fan so I would have to be out voted again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You people that like KFC better than Popeye's are nuts.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never underestimate the earthlings. Their greatest invention, thus far, is the marketing department.

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried it at Popeye's yet. Totally agree with Raising Canes. There are none around here so we only get to go when in Vegas but we've yet to have a bad meal there.

10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still eat caines because its one of the few places that doesn't screw my order up, hard to do when all you sell is chicken strips, lol...when todd graves stared the place in Baton Rouge, it came down here quick, the strips were nice and big, over the years the strips have shrunk so much while price went up.

12. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still haven't given one a try, but when I drove past my local Popeye's this week around lunchtime, the line didn't look too long. We also have a new Chick-fil-a that opened nearby and that place is always busy. Usually when I want fried chicken, I stop at KFC, since I like their original recipe.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must admit that in recent years, in my local market, Popeyes has KFC beat. KFC, at least around here, has obviously slipped, at least at the two outlets semi-convenient to me.

Now back in the early 2000-oughts, I would have said that KFC had Popeyes beat for flavor and consistency.

(Kennedy Fried Chicken, anyone?) :) :) :)

14. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

We have a " Kennedy Fried Chicken " on Main St !!!!!!!!
    In 20 years of living here.......I've never bought any from the grease pit.
    Next town over has KFC
    And I won't be trying to find a Popeye's.
    I have eaten Boston Market - many times
    I don't mind it.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I didn't expect anyone to respond to that! :)

For those who don't know about Kennedy Fried Chicken, it's often the very bottom of the food chain for fried chicken stands and almost a joke in some circles.

Inconsistency is their major issue, as many unaffiliated chicken stands (mostly in the northeast) use the name with their own so-called recipes (such as 11 herbs and spices from an off the shelf Italian dressing seasoning mix and/or a heapin' helpin' of MSG).

I know that the real KFC has threatened legal action off and on, but the Kennedy FC operators have consistently told them to go take a hike, if not in more explicit terms. :) Also at one time, some bozo tried to register Kennedy Fried Chicken as a trademark, to extort franchise fees from the other operators, who, as in the prior case, told him to go jump in a lake!

I hate to admit it, but when they (Kennedy) first opened, I thought it was good. (Of course in those days I thought Wetson's was good too, if anyone else remember that.) I haven't had it in decades and I've been told that it's now universally very nasty.

Oh well, we now return you to our regular program, already in progress ... :)

16. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way in hell I would ever wait in a long line or any line to get a chicken sandwich, a hamburger or any thing else. I can get a chicken sandwich any where. Same thing with a burger. It is chicken people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. shiner18

shiner18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been told it all tastes like chicken.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went into this chicken experience with high hopes, as their marketing worked on me too. It was "meh", I like Chick-Fil-A better.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was disappointed as well when i had the sandwich.Chick-fil-a is way better.

20. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Las Vegas I prefer Church’s Chicken at Decatur and Spring Mountain. They have daily specials and nice sides.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.