1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the going Real Estate agent fees these days?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Mistaspakles, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that changes the ballgame quite a bit.

Best of luck with that.

2. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in 2015 when I sold my house and bought a condo, it was 3% and 3%, but since my realtor handled both the sale and purchase it was 5%.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I only brought it up because of what that situation involves and the ease you experience/expressed would not automatically be so self-evident.

When we left Riverside we had a lot of offers before the ink had even dried on the listing, but it was nice having our agent there getting through escrow as we were adios shortly thereafter. This past move, the house sold a few months after we left; again, the agents were critical in making that work.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my colleagues recently listed his home for sale and negotiated a 5% commission with the agent. His home was in great condition, but it had an odd layout that would turn off many buyers. The first agent was a bust, he did a little research and found a top agent, then tried to negotiate a 5% commission. The agent balked and said it will be 6% and then went through how she would market the property. He gave her the listing and it sold in about 5 weeks.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently sold my home and built a new home nearby in Texas. I negotiated my Realtor’s commission on selling my home down to 2% and down to 1.5% on the purchase of my new home. I promised him it would be an easy transaction to get these terms. My house sold in 3 days, and he never even had to show us a house as we were looking at new construction.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You paid commission on a purchase?

7. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well not directly. But the buyers do technically "pay" because they come up with the cash. I have seen buyers get a rebate of the buyers end comnission by using redfin etc.

the idea that buyers agent cost "nothing" to the buyer is ridiculous...

8. LKG276

LKG276 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sell it yourself on Zillow.......its super easy, Title company does all the paperwork anyway. Saves thousands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.