1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Apartments with a backyard?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by newtovegas, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtovegas

newtovegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi I am moving to the las Vegas area in the next 2 months for work I am currently living in bakersfield,CA my question is this I currently live in an apartment that has a backyard not a huge one just a normal size backyard. Does anyone know of any apartments in the Las Vegas area that actucally has a backyard if so what is the name of the apartment complex? I have looked at all these rental sites and having a backyard isnt even an option to click on. Thank you very much

2. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most apartments in LV have some common areas but not "private" back yards. At least none that I know of.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would contact a rental agency. You might actually get an affirmative answer from someone here, but Vegas is a MAJOR city with great, good, bad and awful areas, and if such critters are out there it would seem to be in your best interest to have options from which to choose.

Otherwise, Don has framed the big picture.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen ground floor apartments with a small patio area, with some dirt along the fence, but no "backyards". I agree that calling a rental agency is your best bet.

5. vegasnsidenout

vegasnsidenout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are duplexes that are more of a townhouse feel to them that have nice backyards.

Check out
    10037 Diamond Summit Ct UNIT 101
    Las Vegas, NV 89183

6. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best chance is to look at townhomes. The price difference out here between an apartment and townhouse isn’t drastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my searches for potential apartments in the past, I haven't found any with "personal" back yards, but I HAVE found some wonderful, nearby parks that might serve a useful purpose. Are you looking for this because you have a dog? If so, an apartment near a dog park might be just the ticket. Good luck!

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second the advice here and also just note that "backyard" is kind of a vague term. A lot of the apartment complexes have open public spaces, but I can't say I've seen anything with a truly personal backyard. At that point, you're looking at either a row townhouse or a rental home, neither of which I'd really consider an "apartment". If you're talking a 1-2 bedroom space in a larger complex, you're highly unlikely to find a true backyard, in no small part because of landscaping rules and the difficulty of maintaining a lawn, and also just the logistics of having a private backyard in apartment complexes that are usually 2-3 stories at a minimum (and that's obviously not counting the high-rises).

9. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been trying to look for apartments to assist my sister move out here and found that at the price point that she’s looking at (1,300), you can get rental homes 2-3 bedroom, 2 bath and 2 stories with 1,500 sqft.

she’s better off getting a whole home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.