1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Reduction in VIP level change?

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by Zeg, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My VIP level is set to reduce from 3 to 1 in 57 days. A two level drop.

Is this Something new?

Hadn’t noticed before the update.

2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing has changed from previously. The new verbiage is just making it more clear, but it seems to be causing more confusion with some others. What is your current VIP points? I assume you have less than 10K but more than 2.5K. As of "right now" if you maintain or earn up to the next level, you'll be downgraded to level 1. When you earn more VIP points and progress to the next level, it'll updated accordingly. Say you earn 11K points, the message would then change to "VIP points will reset to 0 in 57 days and VIP level will reduce to VIP3."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 Dice, Dice, and more Dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This appears to be an update to the screen to show where you will drop to if you don’t maintain your VIP points. The wording on the info tab has not changed so I believe this was simply an update to clarify for players.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they finally got around to clarifying, and showing it in the game, what happens when you don't reach/maintain levels going forward.

Though I'm surprised level 3 now would drop so far if you can't maintain that level. Does it show level 2 on your bar or does it just go straight to level 3?

5. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the ‘clarification’.

This is the current situation.

A55D34A2-4FEE-48E2-AB42-6F605DE9CD51.png

6. ONEinONEout

ONEinONEout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,

looking for some clarification here. If I’m reading correctly, in 11 days I will be reset to 0 VIP points. I will remain at my current level however in order to achieve level 2 I will have to obtain 10k VIP points in the 90day window. Is this right?

Attached Files:

7. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Zeg
    Nothing new.
    You need to make it to 20K crowns in the next 57 days to maintain level 3 for the following 90 days.
    The only thing it doesn't say is that if you break 10K crowns before 57 days are up, you will only reduce to level 2 for the following 90 days.

Clear as mud?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to make level 2 to book rooms, you will need to spend about $60 (for 6000 crowns now) in the next 11 days, or just wait for after the crowns reset to 0 and you will have 90 days to earn 10,000 crowns.

This comes down to a personal decision based on your Vegas plans. If you need to reserve your rooms soon, it probably makes sense to blow the 60 dollars.
    If not, AND you can tolerate 90 consecutive days at earning crowns at a level 1 rate (meaning you will need to play about 5 events per day and constantly hit wheels and chests when they come available), you might be able to make level 2 in the next 90 days without spending anything.

Clear as mud?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeap, as @JFO and I stated.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the penny might have dropped - thanks to all your help above.

I have 57 days to acquire sufficient points to stay at Level 3. (Approx 1500 points).

If I don’t, then I go ‘down the snake’ and am demoted to Level 1.

Therefore reverting from Level 3 to Level 2 (as I imagined) is not possible (unless I revert to Level 1 and work my way back up).

Phew!!

11. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I would add to what @JFO stated is you can wait till the deadline comes closer, like 2 days out. The more events you complete and more VIP points earned, the less you have to spend. Since you're VIP level 1, you can only earn max 118pts a day. If you earn about half of that, you should gain around an extra 600pts or so, which saves you around $6.

IMO, I think you should go for it. It's a lot easier to maintain lvl 2 then getting there from 1. When you hit lvl 2, you're earning rate is double to a max rate of 233pts. Gold and Plat events are all doubled from lvl 1 to lvl 2.

Hope this helps.

12. PressThe5n9

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe if you achieve a total of 10k VIP points in your next 57 days and can’t reach the 20k level, you will drop to level 2 since you met that milestone. I don’t think you would drop all the way to level 1 unless for some reason you couldn’t reach the necessary points.

• Like Like x 2
  13. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You meant 15K vice 1.5K right? You need to maintain 20K to stay in level 3 in 57 days.

14. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. 15K. My bad. Soz. Thanks for all your help.

Happy at Level 2 or 3. But the prospect of grinding up from Level 1 was more than a little daunting, lol.

15. ONEinONEout

ONEinONEout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the clarification!

16. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, ok. Yea. It's a hike from 0 to 1 and 1 to 2. They've made it to where you have have to practically play all events or pay a little, which isn't too bad given it's the Wynn. I spent around $100 so far (all piggy banks except a $10 multiplier), which netted me 3 nights already at the Wynn, and I'm currently sitting on 49K gems still. Well worth it.

It would be best if you could maintain lvl 3 since you get a 15% gem discount off rooms. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. PressThe5n9

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this mostly, however, it truly depends on how often you travel to Vegas. If you go multiple times per year, reaching the higher VIP level is something to strive for so your gems will go farther. If you visit only once a year or less (like me), then maintaining level 2 is satisfactory since you will stall any additional gem accumulation at the cap limit with only having limited reservations in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. Well said.

I did both. With all event play and a reasonably modest outlay of £115, I earned 5 nights (4 plus 1) and three buffets, which we took in December, so very similar to you.

Well worth it indeed. You’ve enough for 4 buffets too!! Remember you can extend your stay once one booking has expired. I’ve done it - it works! Kept the same room.

Happy spinning!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.