$20 Vdara

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're very welcome and I agree with you 100%... BTW- did you get a Panoramic Suite w/ a Bellagio fountain view?

Annual Golf Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  2. secretmachines

secretmachines Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hehe we weren't that lucky ;)
    I can see from the Luxor, all the way round the i15 to the back of the Bellagio. If you peek hard enough from the bathroom you can catch a glimpse of the fountains ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL but still a fantastic score! :thumbsup:

Annual Golf Trip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I had better luck at Vdara

Offered $20, guy tried but couldn't find anything. I did go from mountain view to pool view but nothing else.

I had the regular room booked.

5. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had executive corner suite booked, was able to be upgraded to the panoramic suite with the $20.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_4797.JPG IMG_4801.JPG IMG_4803.JPG IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4807.JPG IMG_4797.JPG IMG_4801.JPG IMG_4797.JPG

Used the sandwich yesterday here at the Vdara on a 2 night myvegas comp.
    Admittedly I used a $50, the only one I brought specifically for this purpose, and got an Executive corner suite on the 24th floor, nice

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jill38

jill38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in Thursday morning superbowl weekend.. Had the basic room but with strip view.. Did the $20 and ask for a room with a bath and half bath. Joked that my husband needed his own bathroom.. Desk guy laughed. Looked at his computer than went in the back for a moment. Came back and offered me a executive corner suite lower floor.. Scored! Strip view would be nice but we have been to vegas many times and have had strip view before... But this my husband first time at Vdara .. I have stayed there once but in one of the smaller room.. Executive suite corner suite is super nice.. Actually the nicest room we have ever stayed in .

• Like Like x 3
  8. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any noise issues from the lower floors here? What was your view?

9. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 2018 - Had an offer from MLife for comped "Studio Stuite" (their lowest tier room) - checked in on a Wednesday about 11am, was staying through Friday. Offered $20 at check-in and was upgraded to a Corner Suite (no fountain view). Clerk handed back the $20 and told me to let her manager know if I thought the service was spectacular but she couldn't accept the tip.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. jill38

jill38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a low floor.. With no view..Only one at the time so I rather have a nice room even if it has no view.... I think it was north east side.. Just above a fire department building.. So several times we would hear the sirens when they were leaving

11. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    checked in on a Tuesday, with reservation to check out on Saturday... had a 4-night comp offer from Mlife for the basic Studio Suite... did a $20 request at check-in and was told the last night (Fri night) was making it tough to get into a Vdara/Corner suite, which is what I was asking for. They did get me into a Studio Parlour Suite w/ fountain view.

12. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 8-11, check in on Wed, check out on Sat. Had an offer for 3 nights for reduced rate (85 weekday / 150 weekend) for studio suite... $20 trick at check-in netted me upgrade to studio parlour suite w/ fountain view (same as my previous basically), and again was told Fri night was the thing stopping me from getting into something bigger.

13. Coaster91

Coaster91 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi I’m staying at Vdara and I’ve tried the $20 trick here before with great success. Last time I got an executive corner suite upgrade from a basic standard room.

Well this time I also booked a standard room and tried the $20 trick. The woman at the front desk said she would try to find me a nice room. When I got to my room it was still a basic standard room but it was an ADA room for people with disabilities.

I was pretty disappointed since I don’t think it’s right to give someone this room who doesn’t need it. I also just don’t like those rooms in general.

My question is do you think this front desk person had something against me? Was she insulted that I have her a $20 bill and decided to give me an uncomfortable room?

14. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think she thought that at all. Those ADA rooms are not reserved only for those with ADA needs. She simply presented the option. What day did you check-in?
    Good to hear you turned it down though. I avoid those rooms even if it's all that's left which I've noticed is pretty often.
    $20 is still the standard.

15. Drunkcrapsplayer

Drunkcrapsplayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all-

I’m staying in Vdara in April on a comp. it’s a Thursday - Monday reservation for a studio suite fountain view. What are the chances for an upgrade? Why type of upgrade should I expect?

16. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 2 nights booked on a comp last weekend (Fri/Sat) on a "Fountain View Studio" room... $20 at check in I got the following added:
    * Early check in - ~11:30am
    * 3pm check out
    * High floor

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. jhl3

jhl3 Vegas Regular

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Success!!! Booked a normal room with club access. $20 sandwich, and was given 41010, which was a “Vdara Suite” with 1.5 baths and a mostly fountain view (Cosmo sort of in the way), but the nice kitchen setup! Checked in the normal line around 9pm on a Sunday for a 4-night stay!

18. weiman

weiman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying at Vdara for three nights myvegas comped in February. It is Monday - Thursday.
    Do you think the 20$ trick will be fair for three nights or should I try 50$?
    I will also be staying one night airmiles comped at Mirage on Sunday night, any suggestions on what room I should ask for for 20$ at either place?

Thanks for the help.

19. Ryan H Monroe

Ryan H Monroe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone manage to get club lounge access with the trick?

20. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the $20 trick. Booked a studio parlor room. Asked for a high floor and fountain view. We got 50th floor with an absolutely amazing fountain view.