1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Best Caesars property payout for deuces wild game?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by gagnamstyle, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aristocrat games at the bar that pay 98.4% are DW44 games. DW44 stands for the group of Deuces Wild games that pay both 4 for 1 for both four of a kind and a full house.

The 98.4% paytable looks like this

800/200/25/15/8/4/4/3/2/1.

99.73% "Not So Ugly Ducks" at Cromwell is

800/200/25/16/10/4/4/3/2/1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gagnamstyle

gagnamstyle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so both games should be played with DW44 strategy below?

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/deuces-wild/not-so-ugly-ducks/

I was thinking the aristocrat bar games at linq/bar can be played with basic/simple strategy below? Looks like no?

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/deuces-wild/full-pay/simple/

3. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're only going to learn two strategies, this is when you should utilize them for different paytables.

When a full house pays 4 and a flush 3, using "Not So Ugly Ducks" strategy is better.

When a full house pays 3 and a flush 2, using "Full Pay Deuces Wild" strategy is better.

More ideally you calculate the exact strategy when you know the paytable using something like this.

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/calculator/

4. gagnamstyle

gagnamstyle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much. I see there are some differences in plays for NSUD 16/10 vs 15/8

For example, in the following hand

2c4c5c2dQd

NSUD 16/10 strategy wants you to hold 2c4c5c2d

But NSUD 15/8 wants you to hold just the deuces.

Do people play that precisely or simply use the 16/10 strategy for 15/8 as well?

5. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends. Players that discerning probably ignore 15/8 in the first place and just play 16/10. You have to weigh things like convenience as well. I like quick drink service so, 15/8 at a CET bar definitely appeals to me. But if you're happy to wait for a waitress and aren't concerned about Tier Credits or ADT, then I would the 16/10 NSUD at Cromwell.

From a rule of thumb point of view, when the SF only pays 8, you're less likely to hold marginal straight flush draws like 2245 suited. Probably don't hold 2256 either since straight chances are still hampered.

6. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And to answer your question about the "D," 2,000 points is $20k coin-in. Yes, it's possible on single-line quarters and if you're quick and can play one thousand hands/hour, it'll take 16 hours. If you max it out, you'll get $400 total and have at least a 3% advantage. But again, 16 hours so get there early! :faint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.