1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What should I be asking for?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by makuk, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Guys and Gals

I just wanted your opinion on whether my host is low balling me, here's the story.

I live in the UK (7 months a year) and the USA (5 months a year), when in the USA I try to get to AC or LV about 3 or 4 times a year and always stay at Caesars at both locations.

Whenever I go to AC (maybe 2 or 3 times a year), my wife and I usually go with friends, so I ask my host to book 3 rooms (usually) 2 on my account and 1 on my wife's account, I am Diamond with about 50k TC this year and my wife Diamond maybe about 15k+ TC

My host never has a problem booking me 3 comped rooms and they are usually very nice suites so no complaints there, but in reality I could probably book those 3 rooms on our accounts without him.

When we go we only stay 2 or 3 days and I usually a take $10k bank roll with me for myself and my wife and we will play the following games:

Pai Gow
    UTH
    BJ
    Mississippi Stud
    3 Card
    HC Flush
    A few slots - not a lot, maybe $1k

My bet on the tables will range from $50 to $100 and my wife's $15 to $50

We will both play for about 10 to 12 hours a day for 2 to 3 days, sometimes we lose the lost, sometimes we lose $2k, but I have never gone home in profit.

My issue is this:

He never offers me any free play of any kind.
    He never offers to buy me a meal.
    He never offers to sort my back end charges - I have to ask and he nearly always screws that up!

And...... I never ask him for anything!

So, what do you think I should be asking him, or do you think he gives me enough by just giving us comp rooms, by the way the people we take with us are also players and he has them on his account.

Opinions are gratefully received, depending on your opinions I will approach him and if he isn't forthcoming I will be moving my play elsewhere!

Thank you

2. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn, I forgot to wish everyone on here a Happy Xmas and a fantastic New Year :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you should switch to a non-CET resort

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this pretty much sums up your question. He's not saying he will not take them off, he's just screwing up the process. I would ask for a new host.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say.

I highly doubt you could get those extra rooms without a host helping out. You can only book ONE room online.

Freeplay is usually corporate issued.

Meals or at least food comps are usually corp offers

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of this depends on when you are going as well. Let's leave you and your wife separate for a moment since she has her own diamond account and can book her own room.
    Starting with you getting 2 suites for 3 nights on a weekend in Atlantic City. (this is the worst case scenario in terms of costs so we should probably start there). On a typical weekend in AC a suite at Caesars is probably 600 on Friday and 800+ Saturday and then probably 300 on Sunday. Assuming they have a fixed cost I would guess they value a 3 night weekend stay in a suite at say around 1k (333 per night.) This doubles for you to 2k since you are taking two rooms. meaning right out of the gate you need to make 6k in theo before you get anything else (really 2k per day).
    Let's then pick a middle of the road table game for house edge like Pai Gow (2.8%) take the middle of your average bet (75) and say 11 hours for the middle of your time. Figure you're being rated for 30 hands per hour. That's a coin in of just under 25k which results in a theo of about 700 bucks. Now go best case scenario for the property. You play Mississippi stud for 12 hours per day at 100 per hand. You should get about 45 hands per hour which would result in a theo of close $2500 for the day with 12 hours of play.

Don't forget in AC now your rating should be pretty close to spot on as the tables have cameras and sensors in them to track your bets( or at least did in August) Without knowing for sure I would say the nights you are comped you are probably covering. Your wife's nights are probably over comped or pretty close, we can throw the 100$ theo from 1k coin in slots to her play. But even if she sat with you the whole time for Mississippi stud at half your bet, she is right at the needed theo to get comped.

I'm not sure what you mean by offers to buy you a meal (AC typically sends your dining offer or you can access it online along with all your monthly offers.I would guess you probably have at least 100 bucks for dining twice a month). I would also guess you probably have offers for direct bets a few times per week as well which you have to get to from the kiosks. Our host takes good care of us for our play but the free play is auto generated and he has never really offered more. Make sure you are getting mail from AC or at least emails as that is where a lot of your free play will be found. Also they tend to gear this to what you play so I play VP and have free play, wife loves tables and gets direct bets.

As to back end comps. We have always initiated after our last room charge so he knows what he is looking at. When you say he screws it up, what does that mean? If he takes RC first, that's typical of CET. Do you charge everything to just one room or does each person charge to their room separately? I can see that getting confusing for the host. Also, if you're worried just have them call the host on duty at check out and they will start with what can automatically be comped.

Lastly, do you have a host at each property or just one host handling all your bookings. We have a host at Caesars AC who will handle our bookings everywhere, but he has also acknowledged that trying to handle back end comps in LV from AC can be a little tedious and we should start with the Host on Duty out there and then he will handle things after over the next 7 days or so.

The only way you could book the rooms without him is to call and it's unlikely they would comp you the nights or book you the suites.

A couple keys to remember. Status, bankroll, TC, and loss generally don't matter when it comes to comps (loss may if it's significant and even 10k isn't really significant to them over 3 days amongst 2 people) The key to getting comped is to make sure your ADT is covering or close to covering those things you want.

ETA, your comps are pretty close to what you deserve to be getting. The best way to get more comps back end is to decline the suite upgrades

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me add/clarify to the last well written post

The "cost" of those suites are a big comp and are figured into what you get comped vs what your ADT is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are getting good comps with 3 suites based on your gamble number. My question is, if the people you take with you are also players, why don’t they book their own rooms/suites on their card accounts with the host? You are using up a lot of upfront comps on not 1, not 2, but 3 suites. All of that comes right off the top of available comps. Without doing the math, if you only book your own suite you should get plenty of backend comps for food, or cover some of the friends, etc.
    I’d prepare a list of questions, call or email your host and ask him to help you understand what he can and cannot do and what expectations/requirements he has in order to get back end comps. I’d ask the host what play level and spend history you have and need to get backend comps. Also ask your host why no FP, that is really odd, because Corporate determines FreePlay amounts with some discretion by the host on special occasions.

Hosts are used to getting these questions and should be upfront and specific. With as many stays as you have, your host should be willing to work with you. It may just be miscommunication or misunderstanding with so many rooms/parties involved. If you don’t get a satisfactory answer, I’d request.to change hosts

Best of luck.

9. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "cost" of those suites are a big comp and are figured into what you get comped vs what your ADT is.

Exactly, I learned this 5 years ago. I no longer ask or stay in suites for this reason. I'd much rather have all my charges picked up on the back end. Reality, you're only in your room to change, shower and sleep.

10. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses, just to clarify a couple of questions, we never stay weekends, always off season, our next trip is January - Monday to Thursday.

It gives me food for thought for sure, I will have a think about what to do next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.