1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linq fan cave... How would you split this check?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Odelay77, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

P.s. I'm not talking about you being personally vexed. I'm saying people in general. They shouldn't cheap out on you...especially since you coordinated

2. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Group situations with friends etc when the check arrives everyone tosses money into the middle of the table.
    Someone grabs the check, adds everything up and if more money is needed someone throws more cash in.
    Nobody writing down orders etc
    Never once had an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the way y'all roll.

4. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen people pull money back out because they felt some were tipping too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been with a large group where we had a similar situation when splitting a couple of cabanas at a bachelor party.

Minimum spend for the cabanas was $X. What we did was everyone tosses in $2X/participants. That gave us plenty of wiggle room in case we went over the min spend. We ended up having excess $$ that we used for other full-group activities later in the trip. Could always return any excess $$ immediately after as well.

Everyone on the trip having the same money sharing app is convenient, too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whatever you decide, do it PRIOR to meeting and communicate what you're going to do.

I plan an entire Gambling trip in the summer for 4-8 guys, for a week. While I'm open to small suggested amendments, big cost things need to be decided up front.

Like? Room costs. Even numbers- no problemo- 50% each per night.

Odd numbers? Problem for the guy with the single room (And no, we're at an age, where we're not looking for a female bed companion.) Soooo, last year, I decided that whoever had the single room should pay about 70% and the rest needed to kick back 30%.

All upfront, weeks before we left.

No grumbling.

So, for the one soda guy, you should decide, whether he pays significantly less or that is the price of admission- asap and by email.

7. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

On our trips we split evenly. Generally one guy will just put all meals on his credit card. At the end of the trip we get an email that’s says how much we owe. If someone doesn’t attend a meal they don’t have to still pay for it. There are always someone who eats or drinks more or less but nobody sweats it.

8. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta be careful doing this... many years ago, I was at a "work" birthday party for one of the Directors... many folks I didn't know very well...everybody threw cash on the table when the check came... I ended up having to cover a shortage of about $70,(all alcohol), plus another $60 or so for tip.
    (I did have two friends who helped me out a little the next day & gave me another $20 each...but still - be careful going this route.)

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, this was way back in 2010, so I have forgotten much of the details, but I am pretty sure it was temple. Actually the 2 bottles (750 ml each) we ordered for 12 people was only a small part of the bill, everyone got 2 drinks out of it and it was finished. So that was split pretty evenly as well.

But definitely yeah, when I am paying for a table, I always tell the waitress to go only though me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had one issue doing this, someday there may be a first time.

11. VivaSladeVegas

VivaSladeVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure the food that is served to folks in The Book at the Linq comes from the Sticky Chicken food truck. No one is going to bankrupt the kitty from those options.

Beyond that, your server will let you know when you hit your spend. If you still have hours of games to go, the heavy hitters should step up with their own tabs or else they were really never your friends in the first place.

Sounds like a fun day, just make sure everyone is on the same page.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3/4 of the guys will not still be there when it comes time to settle up so keep that in mind. People wander off in Vegas.

13. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the tips. I’ve asked everyone to bring 180 in cash and give it to me when we sit down and I’ll take care of settling up.

I’ll tell the server that once we hit the minimum to close it out and open up separate tabs for those who want more.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that I dine in big groups or would ever want to be in your place,

But wasn't there an old gamblers code of you spring for it all if you got the money,
    with the understanding they'd have your back when you got down on your luck?

Or the old Asian code that you all have a big fight to pay for it and whoever wins, gets the most "face"?
    not that I'd count on it in this day and age, but in theory, so much easier...

try pitching it to the "High Roller" of the group, and make sure you come through on your end. ;)

On the flip side, I'll always be the loser in the game of accounting chicken, where people don't get the concept of tax+tip;
    "errr.. but I only had...."

when its $xx short, especially on tip,
    I'll pay it just to get the hell away from all these cheapskates ASAP.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  15. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely hate split bills - just got back from a trip to Napa where we had dinners arranged (15 couples!) and were told by the organizer all food was paid for, you're on your own for drinks. End of the trip he sends every couple a bill for $400 to cover the drinks with a note: "In for a penny, in for a pound!"

I just paid it and didn't even tell the wife- I was irritated, but this kind of shit pissed me off.

With only 8 people over that long of a period of time, one way you might be able to do this is something we did in Hawaii once - see if your waitress will rotate credit cards every $200.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One minor thing, if there are a bunch of you at the table after the tab is closed, like 6 or so, then some waitresses may refuse to open 6 separate tabs. However, some waitresses will have no problem doing it. IIf there are only a few of you left, 2 or 3 people, it won't be a problem. Just keep that in mind.

18. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont envy your situation bc with my friends, they'd be making my life hell by talling each and every penny to the dollar. However, I believe in fairness for all however I would say in advance...this is how its broken down, why its broken down, and what you owe me in advance. Whether you decide to take full benefit of your investment is on you...I will be taking full advantage of my investment and recommend you do the same.

19. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From some of the responses in this thread it sounds like some should find new friends

20. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends actually did help me out after I was burned by co-workers who were not actual "friends".

I'm simply suggesting that, if one decides to go that route, he should be careful, especially if there are those partaking with whom you are not particularly "friends" with.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.