1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need some assistance from any CET wizards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Slidey1, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, a couple weeks ago we stayed at PH. Had a comp offer where one night ended up being like $50. When we checked in they offered us a paid upgrade to a suite for $200/night. Beautiful. Fast forward to today and I’m being told by a hospitality host that the $400 in additional room cost cannot be used for tier credits and we only get credit for the paid offer amount. Is this correct? Seems ridiculous as it’s still money we paid to stay there for the room. Would love any insight!

2. skyscanner

skyscanner MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should get 5X tier credits for every dollar you spend on your hotel room rate. Your host is incorrect. Complain via their contact form.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BEFORE we answer totally, need a bit more explanation. OP says comp, but room was $50. Pretty sure you are saying you PAID for room upgrade and that was not comped. The wording in your post says " be used for tier credits". Not sure what that means. You either earn tier credits or not. Nothing to be used?

But in the end, your hotel bill is your hotel bill. Have you checked your total rewards account to see what was added? Does it match the final bill? Did any of the hotel cost get comped at the end, or did you pay for any of the hotel bill with reward credits?

4. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah seems like I wasn’t totally clear. So not a comp offer, but we selected dates off the booking calendar. One night was comp (free), the other night was a cost of about $50. The host told me the $400 we paid to upgrade on site does not count towards earning tier credits. Which is where I’m confused as it’s money we spent towards the room. Also at the 5x that is 2k TCs we are not getting. Hopefully that’s clearer

• Like Like x 1
  5. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    following because I am expecting a similar situation Friday.

6. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did get about 1k TCs added to the account about a week and a half after the trip, which doesn’t add up really to what our final bill was. No comps from a host and didn’t use any RCs

7. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They give 5X on the resort fees, so I would imagine that they will give 5x on any upgrades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to clarify misinformation I keep seeing posted in various threads here. First, the link to the source of my statement to follow...

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/earn-and-redeem

There is no tier credit multiplier on hotel room and resort fee charges. It is not a 5x multiplier. Nothing in the information provided by CET uses the word "multiplier" when it comes to the earning of TCs for hotel room and resort fee spend. With CET, multipliers tend to be limited-time offers, with the credits (tier and/or reward) given out several weeks after the base credits were earned through spend and/or gaming activity. $1 in hotel room and/or resort fee charges = 5 TC. Period. No multiplier. Directly from the source (emphasis from the source itself)...

"Earn 5 Tier Credits for every $1 spent on hotel room rates and resort fees when reserved directly with us."

Back to the topic at hand. We need to get "in-stone" confirmation from CET about TC earning (or non-earning) for paid room upgrades that are offered by CET and added by the guest at the time of check-in. We also need confirmation for the same for eStandby upgrades that guests may purchase days in advance of check-in. The specific wording on the "Earn and Redeem" page does lean toward no TCs for paid upgrades at check-in, as they would not be part of the base room rate. Another data point I would love to have here (and I am sure was not tracked by the OP) is the number of reward credits (RCs) earned for charges related to the hotel room. There would definitely be more of an argument if one got RCs for a check-in time room upgrade, but did not get any TCs for the upgrade.

@Slidey1 -- when you spoke to a host, was it a host on duty, or was it your assigned host (which, if you have one, would be visible in the Caesars Rewards mobile app)?

9. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I’ve not mentioned this as a multiplier, merely using “x” as the indicator of TCs that should be earned per dollar spent. It was two hosts on duty (I do not have one or I would just go directly to them) and tbh neither of them inspired any confidence that they had any clue what I was talking about. I even showed them that section on the Caesars TC page that indicated earning 5 TC per dollar spent.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an earlier post mentioned, no 5x.

And, unless you need tier points to get to the next level, tier points do not add to anything at all.

11. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that’s my issue is I’m literally just over 2k TCs needed to remain diamond for 2020. Otherwise who cares. If I can’t get it situated I guess it’s not the worst thing ever to have to make a quick turnaround!

12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And there is where it does matter. I hope you get it worked out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told it didn't apply to upgrades, just the tallied cost at booking, that includes e-standby upgrades. May also be on the standby page.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's ridiculous. Get your folio, the upcharge amount should be listed as your room rate for those nights. If it is, it's a slam dunk. Even if it's listed separately, I'd fight to the last man if it makes the diff on reaching Diamond.

The extra money paid for the room. If their system can't handle it and their way of dealing with that on the spot is to blow you off, then they should do a manual adjustment if you ask later.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Slidey1 I had a similar situation when it came to comping a room upgrade at the desk. I would think their way to wiggle out is that you didn't book directly with them, you used a desk agent to inquire about a discounted upgrade. Also, if it had to be paid in full before you could check-in (ours was charged to my card immediately) then it would not likely appear in your final folio, but as a separate receipt. Where I was fortunate was my desk agent misspoke and said the host could chargeback my card and comp it if I played enough. I did and my host after saying he couldn't do that and explaining it actually investigated my claims, comped the charge, but made it clear that it was in my account that it couldn't be done again. Either way though you should earn at least 1tc per dollar for resort spend which if you got about 1k TC that would make sense. 400 + 250 + 125 for Bonus = 775. I'm not sure if you get the points for the taxes too. In AC I can say I know I do because they always post like 10 days later to the tune of about 70 points or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.