1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ah, The Holidays...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your take on this:

I was listening to a coworker talking about her Thanksgiving holiday and the incident that took place in her home. In addition to her 22 invited guests, her sister-in-law brought along an uninvited friend (with a 7 year old child). Coworker was a bit miffed, told sister-in-law so, but relented and kept the day going.

Until, (sound of crashing), the 7 year old child knocked over a Chinese vase coworker treasured (bought 12 years ago on a trip there) that was behind a couch because he was rough-housing in the living room while his mother was talking on her cell phone. Other children were in the family room watching videos, playing games, etc. Sister-in-law apologized for the uninvited guest/child's behavior while the uninvited guest said nothing. No one offered to replace the vase, give some cash to assuage the loss. Sister-in-law also told coworker she always knew something would happen to it because of the location behind the couch. o_O

As host, where do you go from here?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't bother stuffing the turkey...I'd stuff the sister-in-law and uninvited guest with the broken vase and kick'em to the curb :cuss:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Co-worker needs to tell s-i-l the cost of the vase and that cash or check is acceptable. There needs to be a discussion that while the vase is not priceless it is somewhat irreplaceable. The family dynamic should determine the tenor of the conversation about future family events, s-i-l’s responsibilities relative to attending and there might need to be some advice about her choice of friends.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First tell my Sil: "Next time there will be no next time. We're done. especially after your fuckin comment about the vase location."

To the uninvited guest: "What, cat got your tongue? What is it about the phrase 'I'm sorry' that you don't fuckin understand?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell my wife you need to deal with your sister now, before I throw her ass through the door.

Then I'd find out who owns the kid and sue them in small claims court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.