1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

24 Hour Wynncore TR -- 11/27 to 11/28 -- Winning on Free Play!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I am currently sitting in the Buffalo airport pretty pooped and just heard an announcement that Southwest Flight 1200 to Vegas is taking off soon. I am not on that flight but instead am on a short Jet Blue flight to Boston -- a flight that was to have departed almost an hour ago but that was delayed because of strong winds here and in Boston -- and then I am flying my beloved Jet Blue MINT from Boston to Las Vegas, getting in around 12:30 early tomorrow morning. I hope I don't regret not booking the SW flight.

I was supposed to have flown to Vegas from JFK yesterday to start a long-planned trip, the first part of which is solo to just enjoy Vegas solo and to wash through a lot of Wynncore free play in the hopes of getting all of it back and then some in hard cold cash.

The personal highlight of the trip, however, is hosting my now 21-year old Goddaughter, her mom/my dear friend and her niece/Goddaughter's cousin for a celebratory weekend in Vegas. For the first time in a while, I will be playing a serious host, with a special focus on my goddaughter, who arrives with her mom tomorrow night.

Both of my parents had health episodes yesterday so I cancelled the Vegas flight yesterday and flew to Buffalo instead. Thank goodness both are now okay.

I saw that the SW flight that is departing soon was 629 but who would pay that within the 24-hour window as the number would likely be C60! So I figured I would have to book the SW business ticket, which was $669.

Jet Blue MINT out of JFK was going to be $900 with most of the seats gone but MINT out of Boston was $609, with a MINT mini suite left! Yep, 60 bucks less than SW. So I booked that and paid a little less than $200 to fly from Buffalo to Boston. Thank goodness there are a few hours between the connecting flights so I am not TOOOO stressed (though a little concerned) about making the Boston to Vegas flight.

Lots of wonderful things planned for my group but my TR is just going to be the solo portion, which I guess officially starts now and ends this time tomorrow.

I am exhausted and don't want to play dumb with a lot of free play so I am going to enjoy my MINT flight and will get a decent night's sleep tonight and will wash through some freeplay before my 130 minute Nalu Body Ritual treatment in the morning. Will play the remainder of it after that. Thanksgiving dinner with my friend and GD will be at Lakeside, where I have had TD dinner solo for the past four years and have enjoyed it immensely.

I will be running around a lot this weekend but I do hope to see some VMBers.

Wish me luck please, both in making my flight and in winning mega money on my free play!!! :love::love::love:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear your folks are okay, @Flowers!
    Happy travels!
    May the next 24 hours be one of the best days ever! :D

RICHARD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks Richard!

I have mixed feeling right now. On the one hand I am so annoyed that we are finally able to board soon but the door that holds the baggage is acting funky so they will not have ANY checked bags on this flight, so if folks need their bags they have to fly to Boston on JB tomorrow. This is why I really try not to check luggage anymore though I DO have a small checked bag that has some hostess gifts for my guests, my makeup and a few other items. Well, guess I will continue to be makeup free until my one small checked bag arrives at Encore some time tomorrow afternoon.

But, the major upside is that after both of my parents had major and different health scares and after a full day of tests on my dad he is now back at home and my mother is okay. So, as annoyed as I am I also am doing a figurative slap of the hand and saying to myself to be grateful, including having the wherewithal to change my plans on no notice, get to my parents, etc.etc.

On a side note, one of the first people I texted yesterday was my Wynncore host to say I was going to be delayed. It is his weekend and I have to say, without going into details, his genuine kindness, concern re both of my parents, but especially my mom, whom he knows, and his quickly taking care of transportation changes, and some other things re: my guests; well, I fell in love with Encore even more.

• Love Love x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear your parents are ok, Flowers... and that's incredible hospitality on Encore's part!

Interestingly, between Buffalo and Boston, you had some near-overlaps with myself and immediate family. I'm going to Buffalo for a day trip on Friday, and my dad and his girlfriend just arrived earlier today in Boston for thanksgiving :)

Fingers crossed that you'll make your flight, and that your checked bag will make it without incident. Looking forward to photos of the plane suite, and big wins at WynnCore!

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our flight to Boston is about to take off. Same flight attendant I had from JFK to Buffalo last night.

Captain just said heads up, super bumpy ride because of wind and no drink service. Also apologized for no checked baggage. Upside? We are taxiing, thank goodness.

Will make up for no drink service on this flight on the next one to Vegas. TTYL!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a small world!

My luggage will definitely not make it tonight but hopefully it will by noon tomorrow. Thank you for your good wishes!

• Love Love x 2
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still haven't pushed off actually. The captain said something about "waiting for our numbers" so they are doing something manually. Getting disgusted now. My flight to Vegas boards at 8:40, an hour and forty minutes from now, and departs at 9:30, in two and a half hours, so I really hope we take off soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They got the numbers and we are finally about to take off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad your parents are ok, and hope that the flight, and the remainder of your trip goes smoothly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my, Flowers! Praying that your Mom and Dad are doing well. Best of luck on your flight and your free play multiplying exponentially! :woohoo:

• Love Love x 1
  11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't have it, buy it!!!! At least, that's the excuse I use!!! Best of luck, and see you soon. Hope you're Mom and Dad are doing well!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just landed and now taxiing to the gate.

Flight to Vegas starts boarding in 20 minutes and departs at 9:24 pm. I should be good but wow, this is cutting it close after all.

And yep, the flight was bumpy. No one got out of their seat and I didn't hear a peep from anyone. When the plane touched down you could just feel the relief in the air and half the plane started clapping.

Onward!

• Like Like x 9
  13. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sending good vibes for continued parental health getting better and smooth travels for you. Bumpy flights are horrible. I hate flying on a good day, but if there is a lot of turbulence it's pretty much one continual panic attack for me. Scared my husband so bad one time when the plane dropped considerably and I passed out for like 30 seconds because I legit forgot to breathe.
    Looking forward to this report and I hope you have the BEST time with your Goddaughter and friends. :woohoo::woohoo:

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to gate about 6 minutes ago, a gate that was in a different terminal. Boarding a few minutes late but flight is expected to depart on time.

Announcement was just made that MINT seats are available on the flight, which explains the pretty good price -- for the best first class in the U.S. -- that I got at the last minute.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20191127_203523.jpg 20191127_204009.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone for the good wishes for the trip and re my parents. :love::love::love:

Normally my nails are all pretty for a trip but the mani pedi I was going to have Tuesday afternoon before my originally-planned flight couldn't happen as I was dealing with more important things.

I am grateful I still can go and in peace, knowing first hand my folks are okay and knowing that although my mom was initially upset that I changed my plans and didn't leave yesterday (she loves Vegas too :)), I knew she would be relieved when she saw me last night, and she was. :love::love::love:

So, I took a nails photo anyway. They aren't pretty but I am still heading to Vegas to celebrate with dear friends (and hopefully win some moolah). My plain nails celebrate that I can still go after focusing on what was most important.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20191127_204502.jpg

• Love Love x 3
  18. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you a good trip and hopefully your flight out from there is smooth.

• Love Love x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone is on board and it looks like we will depart on time.

Some photos of my seat/pod!!!, one of the first Jet Blue amenity bags from 3 years ago that I still use as it is silver and I love it!, photos of the new design (they change them every few months), and my "deck" with the things I will use during flight, including the box with the new camera I got from the Wynn Shopping promo that I mailed to my parents house and that arrived just four days after the promo ended (and that I was unexpectedly able to pick up yesterday rather than during an early December visit).

And of course the signature MINT drink, with alcohol of course. Couldn't hold back tears when the FA asked about my day but then I smiled and said all is well. He said "we will take good care of you." :love::love::love: 20191127_205915.jpg 20191127_210225.jpg 20191127_210230.jpg 20191127_210258.jpg 20191127_210322.jpg 20191127_211559.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 5
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flight may be a bit LONGER than usual because of headwinds. Given where I am sitting, I don't mind! Just have longer to enjoy the service.

TMI but I have had the same clothes on since yesterday afternoon and have slept about 4 hours in the past day but I am still smelling good (lol) and I plan to enjoy this flight thoroughly with a good movie or two, great meal, some wine (with lots of water), a good nap, and, if I am super industrious, learning how to use my new camera.

Okay signing off for a bit until we are a bit in the air.

Thanks again for the good wishes and support. :love::blowkiss::kiss::love::blowkiss::kiss::love:

VMBers Rock!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.