1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I just cancelled my trip to Vegas next week because I just wasn't feeling it

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by fasbman, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the backstory. Last week I went to New Orleans for a few days. While I had fun, it wasn't a very successful gambling trip. I lost well within what I could afford to lose, but quite a bit more than ADT would dictate (it happens). I was supposed to go to Vegas next week, but I just couldn't get enthusiastic about it. I started to think about the 90 minute drive to the airport, going through Security, and hoping that your flight was on time. The more I thought about it, the less enthusiastic I got.

I made Diamond Elite on my New Orleans trip, so I was not going to hit anything above that. I fly SW, so I can use the travel funds for a future fight. I might miss out on some GGWU points redemption but since I hadn't gone to any booster events, its not that big of a deal. Also, the last time I redeemed my points, I stood in line for over two hours! I must admit that I'm kind of hoping that weather will be bad the day I was supposed to fly out so I will really feel good about my decision!

Have any of you ever cancelled a Vegas trip just because you weren't feeling it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell no.... I look forward to these trips!!!

Once you’re there...the rest of the world doesn’t exist....

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I retired, there doesn't seem to be as great an urgency to go to Vegas, since I can schedule a trip whenever I want, instead of being a slave of the Vacation schedule. So that may be impacting my decision as well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the time, but then again, I go 8-12 times a year . . . .

• Like Like x 1
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Vegas. Many other places.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest a non-gambling destination as your next trip.

I think sometimes we can gamble too much....that could get boring and tiring...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. I have one coming up in 3 weeks and although it's usually one of the animals being ill that causes me to cancel, I'm thinking I might not go either way. I did book an overnighter at my local during that week just because it's only 1-2 hour travel time. I can hardly talk myself out of that. Less time than I sit in the airport. But I also have a Vegas trip scheduled in January. It did occur to me that any tier points I earn at Boyds in December are just pointless. (ha) I'm not making the next level and they just drop off, so January makes more sense.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was supposed to go to Kauai a few months back and just wasn’t getting the vibe, so I didn’t go. I’m on a run of seven trips all over the map in a few months and I’m thinking a few fewer would've been just fine.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good suggestion! I do have a Riverboat trip coming up in a few months, and there is no gambling on them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or perhaps Pattaya, Thailand? Wait, I guess I should ask if you're married or not before I suggest that.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I realize I might cut back on the frequency of visits, but the excitement is always high the closer it gets. I had to cancel my trip this month only because of work commitments last minute

April Trip
    Last Minute
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas trips have always been my escape from reality, especially when “I’m not feeling it” caught in the routines of daily living at home. So, I gravitate the other way. Not feeling it at home? Travel to your Wynn paradise and all will be well.

I will say that I’ve had a couple of completely awful air travel experiences in the recent past which have left me “not feeling it” about travel to anywhere in a commercial aircraft. But, I returned to Las Vegas anyway and had a good time, notwithstanding air travel suckage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never cancelled a trip that got to the airfare and vacation days stage of booking.

But I've cancelled a ton of placeholder bookings for trips I might want to take over the years.

But there tends to be a fair bit of space in between my trips, and much less gambling with fewer swings it sounds like. So I build up more motivation and have far less that can bring me down in terms of anticipation

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, I was at the airport and almost cancelled a trip.

• Like Like x 1
  15. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep!
    No regrets.
    Vegas will still be there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @fasbman , I also felt no urgency to go back to Vegas once I retired. I figure I can go whenever I want.

Funny thing is when I was working I used to fantasize about going to Vegas every month, lol! But after I retired I found it isn't necessary. Vegas will always be there.

Retirement to me is like a never ending Vegas solo trip. I get to do what I want, when I want, with no schedules or a care in the world. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't, but my wife has cancelled a few, ok, more than a few, that I was planning on going on. Two of the three I can think of, we ended up going to Florida (Beach!), so that was ok with me.

But I will admit there's a few I thought about canceling, but went and was happy when I got there.

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I felt like this last July. Cancelled because I just wasn’t up for it.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was still working, I use to always look forward to my Vegas trips, since my vacation days were limited. I couldn't just book a Vegas trip on a whim like I can do nowadays, so I guess there's less urgency in planning/booking trips, since I've retired. Although as I've gotten older, the hassle of getting too/from the airports (it's usually 60-90min by car depending on traffic), having to deal with the airline schedules, TSA, and whatnot, has started to take some of the fun out of traveling to Vegas or anywhere that requires flying long distances.

So far, I've never canceled a Vegas trip, due to "not feeling it", but I had to cancel a couple of past Vegas trip when I got sick a few days before my travel dates which sucked! The only other time was due to the 9/11 terrorist attack when I was suppose to attend a conference for work in Vegas that month and our company implemented a no travel notice to all employees.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never canceled a Vegas trip, but have been reluctant to book in the first place when "I just wasn't feeling it." Thinking about the hassles of getting from A to B doesn't exactly increase my desire, and having been Oct. 29 – Nov. 5 might have something to do with my reluctance to go back next month. I'll probably put it off 'til Jan. or Feb.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.