1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best solo dining at The Mirage?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by snoop-a-loop, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll be staying at The Mirage and looking for the best place for solo dining. I’m fine sitting at the bar. My first thought was Stack, but are the other options better? I’m pretty open on cuisine and price (within reason) isn’t a big deal. Any favorites?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that there is a bar in the buffet, if you like the buffet.

3. Jack07

Jack07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their steakhouse is fine for solo dining.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage has been my home base for about 8 years.

Stack is very expensive for what you get. I got up and walked out when I saw a simple skirt steak was $57. Another time I got ripped off when I dined at the bar. I ordered Surf and Turf and they came back after a half hour and said they were out of lobster but substituted a medium sized prawn but still charged me for the full surf & turf price. It's a gimmicky place. The waitresses are hot. That doesn't do anything for me. Try it, ymmv.

The Heritage Steak House is okay. The Italian place gets good reviews. The Asian place, IDK. The Pantry to me is way overpriced. If you want to eat there, use the ramp and sit down at the bar. Don't stand in the long line at the hostess stand.

The Still is okay. Lot's of beer choices, menu is limited to bar food. You do get a shovel full of fries.

Carnegie Deli is closed. BLT Burger has given me diarrhea 3 times. However, you might want to stop in just for the alcoholic milk shakes. They are good.

California Pizza Kitchen is my go to place. I'll eat at least twice here. For a chain, it's not awful. They put together a decent bowl of pasta. For a carb and go place, it's pretty good.

Cravings Buffet is hit or miss. I've had good meals there and some truly awful shit as well. In August, they served up snow crab legs that were about 7 hours overcooked. I would suggest hitting the place around 5:00 P.M. for dinner. I realize that's too early for many people, but that is when the food is going to be fresh and hot. Breakfast is the same stuff. One feature is that the stations feature different kinds of international cuisine, so if you want a Mexican style breakfast, they have it. Again, the earlier the better.

Remember that you are within easy walking distance of The Venetian, Harrah's, The Linq, Forum shops, TI, Fashion Show Mall, et al, so your choices are practically endless.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best place would be the place with the type of food you want at your price. The solo part is irrelevant in a place like Vegas; actually, most any place. Have a great trip!!

(BLT Burger has never given me the runs, for the record.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vegas30326

vegas30326 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    California Pizza Kitchen is probably the best bet for something more casual. Las Vegas Burger (LVB) is decent too.

Otoro is a joke. There are MUCH better places in Chinatown if you’re willing to take an Uber.

I’ve been to The Pantry many times out of sheer convenience, but next time I’ll just walk across the street to Denny’s or McDonald’s. $25 for bacon and eggs is ridiculous. Their coffee is horrible too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had another bad experience with being served ice cold food by a stoned server. I will concede the trots could have been caused by medication, but I believe it was tainted meat. I also was served a sour Sin City lager in there. Yeah, it's LVB now because the other place "closed" due to violations and the same "celebrity chef" just changed the name.

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try The Paradise Cafe by the Pool. I believe for $10 we got a muffin with egg, bacon, cheese and tomato plus two decent sized potato patties (hashbrowns). We just discovered it after eating at The Pantry for convenience as well.

The Still is a decent sports bar. We go with Burger Sliders or Wings. They give a ton of fries. I also have the Lobster Roll which I find decent. Good beer. Lots of tv's for game watching.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS!! All restaurants are good for solo dining, IMO. Enjoy!!

I love this place. I typically go for lunch, but I think it's an underrated choice at Mirage.

10. WWGB

WWGB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was scheduled to close in February. Is it already gone?

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STAK used to have a decent happy hour with lots of small plates - not sure if they still have it.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you’re right.

13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you eat at The Pantry, sit at the counter - ask hostess or walk up the ramp on right - no or short wait, attentive friendly bar guys, faster service. Pancakes and sausage and yogurt with granola are our favorites.

Stack is pricey but food is good - bar is LOUD, quieter at tables in back, bone in filet and bacon & brie stuffed tater tots were good, weak salad selection.

CPK is good for a bite, get a table near the sports-book if you want to eat and check scores. Salads are very good and pizza is good. Pasta is meh, imo.

The bar at Osteria Costa is good for solo dining - efficient friendly bar persons, good menu options

14. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this. I have eaten at the bar here twice prior to shows at Mirage, and enjoyed it both times.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a single restaurant at the Mirage has wowed me, but I had a couple "just ok" solo meals sitting at the bar at the Still (decent tacos), and that Robata joint that keeps changing its name.

16. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the thoughts! I’ll report back with what I end up doing!

17. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honest I think it's a very wise decision.
    To me Pantry's food is way below McDonald's.
    I ate there one night when it was the only opening place in the wee hour at Mirage.
    I am still regret I did it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you certain its not liver failure that gave you the diarrhoea?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up going with Osteria Costa. Service at the bar was slow, it seemed like the bartenders were a bit preoccupied. Food was decent though. Overall, loved my stay at the Mirage though!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I have liver failure.

What I do know without a doubt is that I shit my brains after dining at the Mirage burger joint, under whatever name. Plus being served a sour beer, plus being served ice cold food.

I won't eat there. I thought the object of this thread was for people to deliver their opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.