1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Charlie Palmer's Cut of the Week

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Tumpster, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be in town 12/22-12/25 and have reservations for Charlie Palmer's. We were looking at the cut of the week and my wife enjoys wine which appears to be"bottomless." Anyone have feedback on this besides what I can dig up on Yelp? Thanks!

2. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My family and I went during Restaurant Week (by coincidence and irrelevant, lol). We were there this past June. It was 10/10. Here is why.

First off, the atmosphere is on point. Most of the niiiiice restaurants that require buuuusiness attire on the strip have people in swim wear and sportswear (slight exaggeration). But you get what I mean. Everyone at Charlie Palmer's was nicely dressed and intimately quiet. It also wasn't stupid dark in there to where I need my iPhone's flashlight to see the menu. Some restaurants believe that the darker, the more intimate/fancy? Nope.

The staff was very friendly and I'll be giving them bonus points here soon.

As for the bottomless wine. That is exactly what it is, as long as you have your entree.
    We were first served a white wine with our bread and salad. Once the main course came out, they served a red wine to which the server and host had fun with. My brother in law jokingly said he'd take the bottle, and so they poured him nearly an entire glass. They were not stingy with the wine. The host said that *technically* you get unlimited wine as long as you have your entree plate. But they kept serving those at our table who wanted wine even after.
    I can't 100% remember, but I believe there was also a dessert wine at the end. You can of course request to just have the white or red throughout your entire dinner.

Hope you have a great experience!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Sounds fantastic! How was the food?

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The COTW at Charlie Palmer's is an amazing deal. We always check the menu for the week when we are in Vegas and go if the menu appeals to us...sometimes it doesn't but rarely. The food has always been very good as is atmosphere and service.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went for the first time with a friend in August and we were very pleased. The atmosphere was very nice, although the service was a bit slow as the restaurant filled up and got busier. No worries though, as the wine kept coming. I ordered the Cut of the Week, plus an appetizer and I was stuffed! I liked it enough that I am planning to go back on Sunday if I like the menu. My only complaint is that the menu doesn't come out until Sunday for that week, so it makes it tough to plan if you are picky about your steaks, which I am.

Sorry I am a crappy photographer
    IMG_0230.jpg
    Little neck clams were delicious!
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    Frisee salad was fresh and yummy
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    Petite sirloin with chimichurri and root vegetables was cooked perfectly
    IMG_0236.jpeg
    Strawberry coconut parfait was a nice ending

• Like Like x 1
  6. willowox

willowox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been several times and have really enjoyed it. Food and service were very good. And the wine is indeed bottomless. Depending on your waiter you may have to keep asking for the wine for a bit but they seem to pick up on what type of wine drinkers they are serving. We also were poured wine after our plates were removed. It's a great deal.

7. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic responses, looking forward to this more and more! Thank you everyone!

8. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the only restaurant I make sure to return to for every trip I've been on. The food has always been fantastic and the wine flows freely! However as one poster suggested there is no desert wine. White to start off with your salad and a red for the entrée. However you may switch for red or white if you have a preference. It is hands down the best deal on the strip.

Unfortunately they are closed on Sundays so you are out of luck this trip.

9. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes, that never even crossed my mind. Thank you!

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is awesome. You may not see the weekly menu online until late monday.

Wine is bottomless and refilled with gusto. You'll easily get offered at least one refill of both wines without even asking.

Portions are good, and it is a great restaurant. Best value at a high end place in vegas

11. prodaddy

prodaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just realize the wines served are inexpensive varieties- but decent.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The COTW menu is out; it runs to December 28th.

https://www.charliepalmersteak.com/locations/las-vegas/menus/cut-of-the-week

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CoTW or a la carte ... still a top-tier play in Vegas. It's been a go-to for us for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, but inexpensive doesn't need to be a negative.

And the sommelier pairs them to the dishes being served which puts them in the best possible light.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean to tell me that if it's not $250 it still might be a good Cab?!? Get out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, that brings up the other thing I like about it. Its usually not a cab (or syrah) at all.

I tend to stick to those two with my red meat at home, and stick to regions I know fairly well and hit the right price point, as I don't drink wine all that often. But that can also lead to some thoughtless biases and hardly ever trying something new. And I might only have one bottle any white a year.

So I really appreciate that Cut of the Week frequently has all manner of varieties and wine regions I would simply never try. So getting exposure to them, picked out by a sommelier and paired to the dish, is often a more revelatory experience that simply getting even a great red in my wheelhouse.

Plus, even if they ever pick a clunker it will taste great by the second re-fill ....

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, we buy across the grape spectrum. Sure, we're Pinot heavy in the "cellar," but variety ...

I had a Tempranillo with my filet at Vue (Indian Wells Golf Resort) last week. We're taking mostly Sangios down south for Thanksgiving with the family. (Yes, for those following the saga, heritage bird is a no-go this year. The in-laws can't make it up here so we cancelled the order and are going on the road.)

18. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    COTW or off the menu.....every expectation will be surpassed. I consider CP to be a top tier restaurant.

I order off the menu. There hasn’t been one complaint. Wife likes COTW...no complaints either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.