1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting car mid trip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Six easy, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Six easy

Six easy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning to travel off strip one day that is mid trip and need a rental car. What's the best plan to get from MGM to the rental car facility?

Should we just Uber there and then uber back when dropping off?

Appreciate any thoughts.

2. blue808

blue808 Lahaina Strong.!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several options to rent a car right on the Strip that you may want to check out...

We're doing this next week, and from researching posts here on VMB, I was considering a 4 day rental thru Costco.. decent rate and the pickup/drop off location I chose is only about 1.5 miles from the Mirage.. a cheap and easy Uber ride both ways...

However, our plans changed and now we're doing a one day rental thru Advantage at Main Street Station, hoping to check out Mount Charleston and Red Rock, weather permitting. We've rented at MSS several times before, pickup/drop off is right there at the hotel.. very convenient..

Whatever you choose to do, good luck to you and enjoy your trip..!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Six easy

Six easy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.

I'll check those locations out

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rent at your hotel, or close by. There is an Enterprise over at Tropicana.

5. VegasSam

VegasSam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shop around, rental car center fees are high. Check out the hotels close by, day rates may be about the same but the additional fees may be lower.

I was going to get a two day rental during my four night stay, Budget at Golden Nugget had great rates with low fees, it was about $80 for two days. I was staying at GN. At the rental center they add airport fees which greatly increases your total costs. If I had been renting for my whole stay I would have rented at the car rental center. A one day rental should be reasonable at local hotels.

Have a great trip!

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check the rates for picking up and dropping off at all the hotels you're willing to walk to. Mlife is Avis and CET (and Cosmo) is Hertz, so they're not likely to be cheaper than picking up from Budget/Dollar, etc. at the airport, but you might get lucky.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume there's a rental agency on site. I've used the Enterprise at Westgate and the walk-up rates were not terribly outrageous, not enough to consider going all the way to the RAC and back, anyway.

8. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use the Enterprise rental counter at Trop. It's a short walk to the Trop lobby from MGM, and if you book in advance with Enterprise the rate is reasonable. I've rented from their counter for MGM and other South Strip stays - on my last trip we rented a car for the day and basically bought our own minibar and other goods we would want (water, coffee in room, etc) and rarely had to buy anything on the Strip. And this was during SEMA, so even then when booking in advance it was a good deal. I think the hours were longer too, check those desk times carefully and see how those work with your schedule. You only need to worry about that on the pickup, of course.....

In my situation it was a much better deal than MGM's counter (I think it was Avis) but Ent/Trop should be workable with any sort of advance planning if you're staying at MGM.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.