1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Refs screwed up Coin Toss on MNF overtime

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by nfcwestbest, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Listen to Geno Smith the Seahawks backup QB call Tails. The ref thought he said Heads so when coin flip came up Heads he awarded Seattle first possession of Over time.

Its been 21 years since refs last screwed up a coin toss in thanksgiving 1998 game Pittsburgh v Detroit.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
  2. BigShot55

BigShot55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Richard Sherman would've protested if there truly was a discrepancy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I heard tails as well but judging by the lack of reaction from everyone I'm not sure. Everyone seems to be arguing about this so who knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #GoHawks

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ladeda

Ladeda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a really bad youtube clip with poor audio. I went to a NFL site and listened multiple times with better audio, and you can hear him say heads. TBF-- the above clip makes it sound like tails.

And like the above poster said-- if he really said Tails, Richard Sherman would have gone nuts if the ref ruled incorrectly.

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did someone alter the youtube video before posting it to make it look like he said tails?? Inquiring minds want to know?? probably a Rick Roll

7. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We watched the broadcast and thought he called tails also. In fact, we rewound it a couple of times and listened because we couldn't believe he called heads. And we are Seahawk fans. Pleased that they got the ball, but sounded like a ref mistake to us. I guess maybe somewhat neutralized mistake (if it was one) by Wilson throwing interception and '49rs getting their shot at winning with just a field goal try?
    I too can't believe that someone wouldn't have gone berserk if it was a mistake though.

8. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened a few decades ago on Thanksgiving, I recall the Steelers calling the coin which hit, but the referees hearing / ruling the opposite, giving the Lions the ball incorrectly, which cost the Steelers a chance at victory. Their last game at Three Rivers Stadium was the last I watched, live or on TV.

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That incident is why they changed the rule and now have the player call it before its tossed, rather than in the air. Ironically for the purposes of a VMB discussion, gambling was the league's main argument why they did not, initially, want to change the rule about calling the coin flip in the air

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.