1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tips to maintain diamond status, please

Discussion in 'Comps' started by SunshineSlayer, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunshineSlayer

SunshineSlayer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting......have people here successfully done the switching back and forth from Wyndam?

Thank you!

2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't done any of these. I get my diamond the old fashioned way ( I earn it). But I've seen others report this does/did work in the past.

You can always use one of these as a backup plan in case you have a bad run at the beginning and don't think you will make it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SunshineSlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'll definitely post during the trip to let you all know how it goes. Such helpful advice from everyone.

4. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I did it the last couple of years. Actually earned Diamond for next year though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of briefly read through the responses, I am not sure any one suggested this, If the CET is still offering 5X TC for room reservations maybe pay for the room instead of comping. May not make the most sense but if you get a nice room or suite and put it on your rewards card it would help. A suite at Caesar's would get you from 1500 - 2000 TC a night,

If it is important to you maybe the $300-$500 a night for the rool would be a

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, a nice thought, but the OP needs 10,000 TC. That would be equal to a $2000 spend, and there goes OPs gambling budget for the trip.

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't you get the CET credit card, and doesn't spending on that earn TCs?

8. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. You only earn reward credits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go for it and good luck!
    You could end up earning more than 10000 TCs and coming home a winner.

10. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP said gambling budget was separate, I just thought maybe there was a way to expand ;)the “travel” budget.

11. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Wyndham match game (Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite -> Wyndham Rewards Diamond -> Caesars Diamond) before my last trip; had a very nice Diamond Celebration Dinner at Rao’s (CP) :thumbsup::feedme: Worked without a problem and fairly quickly :) I would say do that (if you have Hilton Honors Gold it would work too; not sure about IHG, Hyatt, or others) and then just play as you normally would, maybe trying to stick with CET properties if you want offers from them :)

12. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm kinda in the same situation as the OP but only need 6800 TC's to retain my Diamond. We're flying in on December 29th for NYE so I have 3 days to earn those remaining TC's. I will need one 2500TC day to hit it. I will try but it won't be the end of the world if I don't make it. What has worked for me in the past is that I play 3 play .25DDB(I may switch to bonus this trip). As soon as i'm up 100.00, I switch to .50 and keep going. If I fall back to my original 100.00, I go back down to .25 but if I go up another 100.00, I move it up to $1. Now you're earning TC's. Every once in a while, this happens...

IMG_20150804_014437.jpg

This has worked for me many times in the past and also got me DIAD many years ago.

• Like Like x 4
  13. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a bit of an abstract idea that incorporates the hotel spend idea, but still preserves your bankroll (to an extent).

As you know, you get 5x tier credits on hotel spend. So if you spend $1,000 on a hotel room (which isn't that much if you divide it between however many nights you're staying), you'll get 5,000 tier credits. As I understand it, since your hotel folio charges will "hit" on the day you check out, you'll get the daily tier credit bonus on it too, but only on the base points. So if you check-in on Monday and check-out on Friday, the $1,000 will be "spent" on Friday, and since you'll have earned 1,000 base tier credits that day, you'll get the 1,000 tier credit bonus. So that's 6,000 TCs on $1,000 hotel spend alone (1,000 base TCs * 5, plus 1,000 bonus).

Then, you have $1,000 left and you need to earn 4,000 more TCs. Which you would then have to pull off in two 1,000 TC days, to get the 1,000 TC bonus each day. I've never tried to accomplish such a feat, so I can't say how plausible it is, but it seems to be in the same ballpark as the anecdotes from others.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  14. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you get the tier credit bonuses on non-gaming spend? https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2013/~/caesars-rewards---tier-credit-bonuses
    "Tier Credit bonuses are based on play within a Tier Credit bonus promotional period and only one bonus level per day can be earned."

15. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on this wording, it would appear not. Though I did get this bonus in the summer of 2018 when I stayed at Caesars Palace and I did absolutely zero rated play there that trip. I'm not sure if that was a one-off, but I'm 100% certain it was from hotel spend.

Can anyone else speak to a similar experience?

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. skyscanner

skyscanner MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all, you do get daily tier bonuses on non-gaming spend. If you buy a 2,600$ laptop from Caesars, they will give you 7,600 Tier Points from it.

You do not earn any daily tier bonuses from hotel rate/resort fees spend. If your room costs you 1,000$, you will get 5,000 Tier points out of it and not 6,000. If you o spend 1,000$ on spa treatments, you will get 2,000 Tier points out of it.

I don't know how much of a social person you are, but if during your stay you convince 19 people to sign-up for Casars Rewards, they will give you 500 tier points from each for a total of 9,500.

That's advice from someone who reached 150,000 tier points with only a 6.5K loss and got denied 7* for how effective I was in doing this.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. SunshineSlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha, always the hope! But I think it's good advice here to see how the first night goes and then decide. If it's going badly, I'm not going to press it because without a couple decent wins the first night, I'm probably going to fall short.

haha, nice idea, but I do kind of consider it all the same. I'm getting the room comped, won't be drinking, and have lots of RC and other comp offers for meals, so pretty much my only spend this trip is going to be for gamble.
    Nice!
    Hopefully, your endeavor is successful as well! I usually make it to Vegas 5-7 times a year, so I was able to earn diamond at a gradual pace and not spend too much on any one trip. This year I'm only able to make it out twice, and that's a big difference.

So yeah, as pointed out, I don't think the tier credit bonus actually applies to anything other than gambling, unfortunately so I don't think this would work. :(
    But something I'm unsure about is whether or not I would get tier credits on things charged to the room?

It DID slip my mind however that spend at the spa counts towards tier credits. I usually don't do much in Vegas except eat, drink, and gamble, so I didn't even think about it. I do have something scheduled there, so that actually nets me around 300 TC right off the bat. Not a ton, but a good start at least! Maybe I can convince my husband that I don't just need one prenatal massage, but like, three in a row, haha.

Nice info! I wonder how exactly they choose people for Seven Stars?
    Also, when it says you earn TC for shopping, I don't see a list of the participating shops. I'm assuming it excludes the Forum shops?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. skyscanner

skyscanner MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does exclude forum shops, yes. It's usually Caesars' gift shops that award you points. Please double check with the shop and with Caesars Rewards if this is the case. Many shop owners will say yes, either because of ignorance or because they want to to trick you into buying from them, but Caesars Rewards has a list of participating outlets.But the Share the rewards promotions, where they give you 500 tier points for each person you sign up, is by far the best way to get the tier points you need without hurting your budget at all.

19. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7/5 Bonus poker .25 10 play at the Rio, by the sports bar. Variance is less, about as good as it gets for VP for CET. It will take about 4 hours to get 2500 TC. A dealt 4oak or royal will seal the deal.

20. tyro16jeff

tyro16jeff Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that 4 hours what would the bankroll be??? 500??? If so then they could just shoot for 8 hours for the 5K right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.