1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Med Men? Planet 13? Which dispensary do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by Courtney, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjamom

Ninjamom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked one of the guys in the store selling the pre-rolls on Fremont Street if this was real weed and he told me that it’s CBD “Street legal” marijuana so you can smoke it in public on the street. I said I have a medical marijuana card and I want the real stuff so where should I go? and he was a total jerk. Telling me it doesn’t matter if I have a medical marijuana card or not it’s illegal to smoke marijuana in public. I was like EF this guy! I was just asking! Anyway I ended up going to NUWU And two of my pre-rolls were almost empty! But I did get some good buds tho..

2. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a dispensary in Henderson last week called Nevada Made Marijuana. Really hard to find. No signs, on the second floor of a medical building off a side street past a large post office facility. It's a nice place, very tightly controlled. They said things are really regulated in Henderson. You give them your ID, sit in a reception room, and they call you in when it's your turn. Two counters with a person helping at each. It's just you (and whoever is with you) and whoever is being helped at the other counter. Judging by the clientele, it seems like a locals place. Also considering how hard it is to find I doubt many visitors bother. The woman helping us was very nice, polite, and well informed.

I thought the prices were pretty reasonable compared to here in Washington. Everything was well packaged and almost excessively labeled (packing date and location, marijuana variety and type, THC and CBD content). They have different specials each weekday, such as 20% off edibles on Mondays. We were there on a Sunday. Got some gummies, 10 pack for $25. One box of Indica, one of Sativa. I tried a Sativa one and was impressed. My tolerance is pretty high, so I didn't expect much, but I started feeling it after only about 45 minutes. Got a nice high that lasted almost too long. Probably didn't feel totally gone for six hours or so. Good deal for $2.50! We got some cookies that are more potent and only cost $20 for 10. Never tried those (My friend, who lives in a state without legal weed, was the buyer. He shipped stuff home at the post office in a Priority Mail box. Said it arrived a couple of days ago, no problem. He used a fake return address and recipient, plus paid cash for the postage.). If you have transportation and don't mind the hunt, I think this is a nice and reasonable dispensary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the Green Haven a lot better. I brought an 1/8 of that home. Actually had a hint of strawberry. Was the best they had. Pretty pricey though.The Kynd was pretty good too. Makes you cough a little. Price per buzz wise probably a better deal. Neither was overly whelming skunky.

The Brownie was chocolate chip. The weed is not baked into it. It's in the frosting. Had in green and white frosting on the bottom. Was about 4" x 4" and cut into 10 doses Buzz wise hard to tell. I was half in the bag every time I ate a square or two. Did a lot driving during the day. So every time I ate them was after dinner or later.

They had a lot of reggie for $25 an 1/8 with the same discounts. If its a deal, someone is looking for.

Not a lot dispensaries south of the strip.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. whiskeyandslots

whiskeyandslots High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found Planet 13 to be a tourist trap overall. It's a HUGE building, but the actual dispensary part -- and selection -- is no bigger than anywhere else.

5. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never heard anyone here mention the Apothecary Shoppe across the street from the Palms.

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very first reply on the thread recommended that spot, with agreement.

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to take a cab down to one of them and load up the basket on my scooter with edibles.

Time to see the devil, as Joey Diaz would say :D

8. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may call for a well-controlled experiment. I suspect the marijuana was the scapegoat here. Every single time I drink wine with lunch I need a nap, and I've had the unfortuate need to abstain from pot for > 20 years.

9. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any of the dispensaries sell glass pipes or something to smoke out of?

I prefer the buds over a pre-rolled J so I am curious.

10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seen them before. But not sure of the pricing although expect it to be higher. I would not think you would be taking it home (flying with residue on the pipe ) and if not why not just bring a clean one with you and leave it when you return? Probably get it cheaper at home but again I don’t know prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ninjamom

Ninjamom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes they do but probably expensive. I got one on fremont for 9 bux at one of those stores with the big green plus sign ( but stay away from the CBD pot they sell.)Also I think I saw a few small pipes at the souvenir stores around town.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I used to buy them at the small stores downtown also but I will not be staying in that area.

I have some unused ones at home and may just bring one.

13. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on the prerolls, skip them.They are convenient but better off rolling your own or get a pipe and some flower if you can swing it.

Many times prerolls have been sitting around a long time and can dry out, same goes for flower. Make sure it is moist, ask the budtender.

With all of this talk about vapes, it's blown the thing way out of proportion. I still like vapes, especially if you are getting them from a dispensary. They are legit and discreet. You can use them just about anywhere, no smell to speak of.

I haven't been back for a while, when Vegas first went rec, the Apothecary Shoppe was one of the best. I heard later on that they got expensive. I guess it doesn't matter much for tourists, they don't go to Vegas to skimp. I did try Pisos and thought their selection was low and prices high. NUwu should be good since they are the biggest, not sure about the pricing. The only place where you can consume in a public place is close to downtown, owned by an Indian tribe who doesn't have to go by the current city ordinance.

The best way to find a place is go online at web sites like leafly.com. You can ask here but this is better and you can message or call the individual places to get stock and prices. Don't be shy, there are no rules against it.

In actuality, google is one the best ways to search and you can message the places or call them. Just google "Vegas Dispensaries", you should get plenty along with a map. They have reviews and many have their own website. Save the time and hassle of driving or ubering around.

Here's more on the "Tasting Room", the areas first cannabis lounge. It may kind of crowded though, it appears it is from the same owners as Nuwu.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/10/nevada-cannabis-lounge-paiute-las-vegas

14. JasonK

JasonK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, most if not every dispensary in LV has a tobacco/smoke shop right next to it or within walking distance. Those shops should have a better/cheaper selection of pipes than the dispensaries themselves. . . . if you leave home without your own.

• Like Like x 1
  15. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve used the apothecary shoppe for the last 3 years and have been satisfied. Staying at the Gold Coast makes it a snap.

As far as which dispensary is better, check out the Weedmaps app or website. You can search locations in the area as well as their menus. WM’s has a number of reviews of each dispensary with a much better sample size.

I’ve pre-shopped and will be picking up both a Funky Monkey and Superman OG.
    .5 g carts. Bringing my 25 mg caramels from home.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevada Made Marijuana also has a dispensary in Laughlin. They're the only game in town, serve Bullhead City, AZ and Kingman, AZ, and you also see many California plates parked there(the border is a short drive away). They're open 24/7.

And yet, their prices are very good, their daily specials are really good, the quality is excellent, budtenders are friendly and knowledgeable, and it's a bright, attractive store. And all their prices include tax, which makes them an even better value.

If you're combining a drive to Laughlin on your Vegas trip, I'd suggest doing your shopping there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few near South Point, can anyone recommend which one would be best?

I see a bunch of them on Google Maps but I would like the opinion of someone who went to one of them. TIA.

18. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I the only one I have been to was the apothecary across from the palms, I like it

19. MIA_305

MIA_305 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to THE GROVE this past weekend. NO Complains. Great product and fair prices. I thought i was going to spend +200 and tab came back around $120.00 with an extra $1.00 Pre Roll for spending over $100.00

• Like Like x 2
  20. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my experience as well. The room was huge, but there wasn't significantly more inventory. Every other case was just a repeat of the last. A bit disappointing, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.