1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is it just me or?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hotreds, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip is in three days and I'm not really excited. I know I'll be happy when I get there, but the airport hassle is getting to be just about too much anymore. And, to boot, I have a 6:45 am flight, only direct Delta flight to Vegas from CVG. Anybody else getting burned out on the "getting there" aspect?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope, I leave Sunday morning and I'm

made a reservation at the park n fly, have my boarding passes on phone and printed copies.
    car is gassed up, a wad of benjamins...
    one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure you have TSA-Pre and maybe invest in a Clear membership to help?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We invested in the TSA Pre and couldn't be happier. Short or no lines at both airports. Get there early and have time for a couple of "cheap" airport cocktails. No hassles, no fuss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nine Lines

Nine Lines Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much why I moved to Phoenix. Now I just hop in the car and go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I'm not "excited" till I'm checked into the room.

Since I choose to drive 3 hours to an airport farther away, instead of flying to a connecting airport and sitting in it for 1 to 3 hours waiting for the next flight, getting there is just a pain.

No reason to go home yet.
  7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ‘wake up’ day is when my enthusiasm plummets. It’s a four hour flight, give or take 15 minutes. I’m at the airport 90 minutes prior. Then I have to secure transportation to Downtown and endure the check in line. So I set a time in my head, usually 90 minutes after expected touchdown. And that is the time I expect to have my bags in my room, seated at the video poker bar with the first cold beer in front of me. So all day I just say, “In nine hours...”, “In five hours “. Because after that moment everything is going to be golden!

• Like Like x 1
  8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but I agree that airports can be a pain in the @$$ at times and early morning flights to anywhere suck!

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm fortunate... TSAPre and fly outta Reno... rarely a line at Security unless I fly early and I make it a point never to fly early, cause it's only 55 minutes in the air to Vegas and, of course, same time zone. I fly out anywhere between 10 and noon. I feel for you "cross-country folks", indeed it's a chore.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The travel is almost the necessary evil anymore. It used to be a lot more fun when someone was flying with me. Grab a bite and a beer at the airport, then maybe a few more drinks on the plane while talking about what we planned on doing.

But, since my last several dozen trips have been meeting friends from all over and no one from home going with me, the travel part is just bleh. I try to spruce it up with first class going to Vegas from time to time, but my next flight I paid for an exit row seat on American that serves complimentary alcohol under their Main Cabin Extra service. An extra $50 for more leg room and a few drinks is almost close enough to having a first class ticket, but much lower cost.

Screenshot_20191109-105617_Chrome.jpg

Gotta make it enjoyable somehow :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the travel part has drained a lot of the fun out of it for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just so you know that you really should feel sorry for us East Coasters, here is our usual schedule

3:00 am -- get up after going to bed at 8 pm. Suitcases are already packed and by the door...quick shower and anything that we used that we will need in LV goes in my carry on. Check that everything is closed and locked and call the alarm company
    3:45:am -- leave for the airport in Boston-- 30 miles away. Traffic is starting but so far never have we encountered a delay.

4:30 -- drive through the airport to the Central Parking Garage-- usually find a space right by the doorway to the terminal.

4:45-- get in line for all the travel crap

6:00 -- all aboard and on our way. Jet Blue is now direct from Boston but in the old days, we had to change planes somewhere in the Midwest which added more time and stress and strain.

Arrive early in the morning in LV but fortunately, our room is just about always ready so we start the day with breakfast. Rather than having a wasted travel day, it is our first vacation day.

I know....... it could be worse .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate:

- traveling to the airport
    - being at the airport
    - flying
    - waiting to get off the plane

But being there, that is worth it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for me! 1 hour to the airport, check in about 3 hours before flight, 10 hour flight - London to Vegas. Just as excited now as I am every trip. Was there in October and counting the days until February. I know I will love it there when I arrive and can therefore cope with the inconvenience of the travel. Now, the flight home is another story......

• Like Like x 4
  15. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A thousand times over worth it!

DH loves early flights (doesn’t like flying so wants to get there as early as possible to get It out of the way).
    Even though it’s only about a 2 1/2 hour flight, up at 4am, 30 min drive to airport, at the gate by 6am for first NS flight, it makes for a long day, I’m not the morning person, but when Vegas is the destination not much really bothers me. And after all these years, I still don’t sleep much the night before cause all I think about is Vegas. I might be a degen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually enjoy my 4.5 hour flight from Atlanta since I book first class. I usually get a mid morning flight and get a Lyft to the airport. I leave 2.5 to 3 hours prior to flight because “Atlanta traffic”! I should mention I love flying anywhere. :D

Happy Birthday to Me!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 hour drive to the airport and 11 hours on a plane.

I'm still like a kid on xmas eve every time!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still get a kick out of perry mason telling Paul “Della has just booked you on the 12:35 to Las Vegas Paul. we need you to talk to that witness and try to convince her to come back with you. You’ve got 40 minutes and with luck you can just make it. Good luck!!” Good luck indeed.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you s'pose, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, that travel was an event, an exception, something to look forward to as much as one would the destination? The reason I ask is, unless it's a road trip, I'm really, really, really hoping we get that teleporter up and running before I open my worm farm. I just can't shake the feeling that time spent in the flying bus is time wasted...even if I'm just reading or napping, it's more of something I have to contend with than enjoy.

20. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But what Della casually forgot to mention to Perry is that she's "assisting" Paul and flying to Vegas with him. Luck? Uh yeah...we can use that term. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.