1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Med Men? Planet 13? Which dispensary do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by Courtney, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for personalized service/ close enough to Paris for a quick Uber.

I mostly use edibles,but would be willing to roll an old school doob.

Thanks.

2. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The apothecary across from the palms isn’t bad

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet 13 is nice, very bougey, decent stock —feels like a shopping mall; their gummies are decent but they sell big packs so if you are taking it back to a non legal state beware you will never finish it —100 Mgs is about 2-3 days for a newbie

Reef is close to you, again decent, over by Circus, a little sketchy but again good stock; they got rice crispy treats—solid first time high—lots of rap and bouncers (do not smoke the entire preroll or you will feel like you are having a stroke!)

The apothecary shoppe has really good edibles, the candies but they are hella pricey, but quality is okay

The very best weed I ever got was from Pisos, get LA purple Haze, it’s often sold out for a very nice sativa; preroll delivered incredible experience and watched Fremont experience after..epic

Releaf delivers and you don’t need an Uber, $80 min..weed is OK..the vape pens are pretty good THC level; I enjoyed my pen but not as much as Pisos; order early too only so many deliveries per day

Frankly if I had to uber I would go to Pisos, it’s just that good, and get LA Purple Haze and a brownie for the plane ride

The absolute worst weed I ever had was in the Downtown Fremont Street Experience — some store in a tourist shop, just awful

Oregon here, and regularly disappointed with low quality overpriced Vegas weed

Also what’s funny is the limos coming with the bachelor parties like they have never seen a bud in their entire life, I smile a little

Legalize it everywhere please so Vegas will normalize pricing and bro trips will look less ridiculous

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I appreciate a good hybrid, but lean towards Sativa. I’ll put Piso’s on the list!

5. LVisBeautiful

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot go wrong with their prerolls at Pisos, i would also suggest Planet 13 just to see I’ve been there twice and it’s just a nice shop, its a little confusing though with electronic sign in and all waiting on a bud tender; if you know what you want you can skip that and go straight to quick checkout; it’s just aesthetically cool to see.

Also if you go there with an Uber driver don’t take a pool because then the driver misses out on a big tip from the Pisos shop; if you go during off hours, like daytime not on weekends, you can buzz in and out (no pun intended) and keep your driver; by the time they get their kickback you can already be in there ordering

Regarding edibles, Depending on your experience level, you may want to go slow with the stuff; like I started at 10 grams 18-20% THC —I eat them really slowly (sucking on the candies is a good idea because it’s a slow consumption)

Vegas says you have to be in private property which is dumb because you cannot smoke in hotels.

At the hotels I usually duck into a parking garage to smoke—I have seen a few people smoking in the elevator outside by the Fashion show mall food court (no one ever uses that elevator)

Good luck [emoji256] and enjoy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. msladylove5441

msladylove5441 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call Med Men they say they will give you uber free to come to store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LVisBeautiful

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update:

Just returned from Pisos; it was a huge disappointment

No LA Haze, no brownies also prices have gone up significantly; I cannot believe how much they take advantage of tourists in Vegas;

I bowed out with an indica preroll; but I’m taking my business elsewhere; if I have to pay Planet 13 prices; I’ll go to Planet 13

8. IAlowroller

IAlowroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First visit to Planet13 a few weeks ago, loved it. Pickup and drop off at hotel was free, we tipped. Budtender was awesome, lots of helpful suggestions on what to expect from what products. The Fireball gummies were on my "to buy" list, I hate gummies of any sort but thought I'd try them anyway, I just chewed them up a bit and swallowed. Chocolate Salted Caramel brownie was the best thing I've ever tasted, will go back next time just for that! Also bought birthday cake chocolate bars and dark chocolate bars, all very good. The place is huge and will have a restaurant open soon. A must see even if you aren't into the weed scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JasonK

JasonK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not recommend Med Men - i've been three times and I always regretted not going somewhere else. Any personalized service you get will be rushed, and likely to include inaccurate information. Also, two out of the three times I went to Med Men I ended up with the wrong item in my bag. Plus, their prices are higher than most others in Vegas and often times the items I get there are not very fresh. To top it all off, it's a pretty small, cramped store so browsing is difficult.

Planet 13 is highly recommended. Though I've only been once, I was completely satisfied (and I will return on my next Vegas trip). Huge store, easy to browse. Plenty of people working who can answer your questions - the guy I dealt with bent over backwards to make sure I got exactly what I was looking for. Great selection. The product itself was all fresh and high quality (I got flower, vape carts, edibles and pre-rolls). The prices are pretty steep, but they had great deals and I ended up getting a free box of chocolate edibles - the strongest I've ever had!

Others I've visited:

Reef - cramped, impossible to browse. unfriendly budtender. but good product
    Grove - nice budtenders, but they got my order wrong. good prices and deals, though
    NuWu - my favorite. great prices, huge store, awesome product, friendly workers and a drive-thru.
    Acres - i just went for the farmers market - not impressed

Good luck and have fun!!!

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get a free ride and back to Planet 13? I have been twice and Lyft'd it?

I find Planet 13 a decent shopping experience as you get personal staff member to show you around. A small Vape Oil Pen was $45 and a pack of 100 mg Gummies was around $22. They have sales.

Reef which is right near there was a similiar experience except they didn't have everything on display like 13 does.

11. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve enjoyed my experiences at MedMan in the downtown arts district.

12. IAlowroller

IAlowroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go to their website or facebook page and call the number

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you did the place I am thinking of, they only sell CBD - but make it all look legit THC stuff. NOPE.

As to pricing, Vegas is better than Calif - mainly due to taxes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of those is good for one evening for us... we did mid day once and passed out for the afternoon - of course we did a bottle of wine at lunch - LOL.

As to taking on the plane, check out the thread about airport. (spoiler - people do it all the time, and some buy a 60 day supply)

15. LVisBeautiful

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to give an update of my most recent Vegas Weed experience, again it makes me so sad to see people getting taken advantage of in Las Vegas because they are tourists and weed is seriously overpriced or low quality. I want to stress Weedmaps. Read the reviews, do research, not only for your experience but its your money too.

Anyhow, after dropping out on Pisos, so sad about this, it was my favorite for so long, I have picked up a new place during Vegas visits called Oasis. Its very small, its fairly inexpensive. I purchased wedding cake and had to smoke it like a teenager, then I sampled some of the most fabulous edibles ever. There was a chocolate caramel that was perfect! Best high ever. Next time I'm trying Grape Monster OG. Budtenders were truly amazing, the kind of budtenders that probably did weed when it was still illegal, perhaps they grew their own, that's what you want, none of these new to the party jumping on the bandwagon types.

I wanted to add, that as a super part-time rideshare driver in a state where it is legal, I get a lot of cannabis information just listening to people in the car. I met a cannabis grower that is friends with the owners of Wyld, which is the gold standard they even carry in the grocery stores. If I can suggest looking for Wyld as an edible, you cannot go wrong.

16. LVisBeautiful

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostresshere that's exactly what happened...I got burned on that Fremont stuff! I was so mad, terrible, just terrible!

17. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to The Dispensary in Henderson. Its right off I215 and Gibson. They have 10% senior discounts, $10.00 first time customer discount and if you spend over $200. you get to spin the "Wheel of weed". Also have samples you can smell. A lot of older locals go here. Had 8 budtender/cashiers working. I bought two 1/8s of 28.5 % indigo and two of 25% sativa. Plus some brownies, CBDs and won a free preroll on the W.O.W. It sucked dick.Smoked the whole thing barely a buzz

skip the prerolls and twist your own

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. JasonK

JasonK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice haul. I see the Kynd bud was very fresh - just harvested. How did it look/taste?

Also, I'm dying to know how the Vert brownie was?

19. 1867

1867 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you really want to see the glitz of Planet 13, or really want to spend time looking at loads of products, consider 'Essence'. My server could have easily oversold me but was more interested in getting me just what I required and I spent less money than I was expecting. Plus it's an easy skip from the last stop at Sahara monorail.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ninjamom

Ninjamom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago, I went to re leaf is that still open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.