1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas What do people spend all their LPs on?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by NickG, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I know this is "good" problem to have, but I'm genuinely curious what people who have accumulated many millions of LPs spend them on.

I took advantage of the escalating deal that popped up on the Facebook app last week that lets you buy almost 1 billion chips for $9. I did this 6 times, to get my total spend over the threshold for 4 rewards and some of the 2-night hotel stays.

In just the last week or so, I've run that 6 billion chips up to 20 billion, and accumulated more than 3 million LPs. It seems like I could easily keep accumulating 500 million LPs/day with no end in sight.

But I look at the list of rewards, and there are very few that cost more than 200k LP, and they are all very niche and always seem sold out anyway.

I know there are posters on this board who have accumulated way more LPs than I have. What are you spending these on? And what keeps you playing?

2. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's a helluva deal, to get ~1 bn chips for $9. That was on desktop, or one of the mobile apps?

I'm sitting at approximately 1.9 million LPs right now, planning on using the bulk of that for a cruise (which I wanted to do around this time of year now that they're available again... but I'm way too busy with work :( ). The most "prominent" use of LPs for me to date has been hotel stays. Being a low-roller, I don't get much in the way of comps, so getting to stay two or three nights for just some LPs and a nightly resort fee is a very attractive proposition.

Other than cruises (which arguably aren't that a good deal given the out-of-pocket costs you still have to pay like taxes and port fees) and hotel rooms, there's not much you can spend the LPs on.

I know some are fond of getting $25 and $50 freeplay vouchers using their LPs... but the redemption terms are very restrictive, and the amount of LPs you have to spend to get freeplay is disproportionate to the value of using it for other things. Like, $50 in freeplay costs 150,000 LPs, and you can get two nights at Vdara for that much, which is worth at least $300.

So I'm afraid I don't have a very good answer beyond hotel rooms and cruises. It seems there used to be better ways to spend your LPs... but the way I see it now in my current situation is that I have many "free" stays in Vegas hotels to come, even if I earn no more LPs.

The rewards at Borgata in Atlantic City are pretty good too. Even if you're staying on the boardwalk, it's worth taking an Uber out to Borgata to use the MyVegas rewards like $25 match play, $10 free slot play, free cocktail, and I think they have a dining voucher too.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  3. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 night comps
    2 night comps

2 free buffets
    free buffets
    BOGO buffets

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only 2 things I seem to spend them on are buffets and My Konami FP.
    This is mostly because I do not normally stay at Mlife properties

I have an upcoming trip and I was able to snag 4 free buffets (none of them require a stay)
    1 Dinner Buffet at MGM Grand
    1 Dinner Buffet at Mandalay Bay
    1 Brunch Buffet at Mandalay Bay
    1 Breakfast Buffet at Excalibur

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s a pop-up on the desktop site. It gives you the option to buy ~150 million for $3, with two escalating mystery deals if you buy it. If you buy that, it then gives you the option to buy another 300 million for another $3, and then if you buy that it gives you the option to buy $500 million for another $3.

It was letting me buy it about once a day for the last week or so. I can still buy it now if I want.

In the past, I would typically earn 1-2k LP/day and get a 2-night room+show+buffet for 150k LP every few months. But the deal has allowed me to increase my bets 100x and just let the desktop app run all day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent 6M LPs on two 500,000 HGS point awards. 1M HGS points is about $3300 in Free Play, or $2850 in Gift cards.
    I also spend 1.5M on a "custom" comp at Bazaar Meats at the Sahara.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  7. rex2

rex2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there a spend level req for the HGS awards to show? Are all the HGS events done now?

8. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double XP weekend treated me very well! Earned about 2 million LPs and somehow ran my chips up from 20 billion to 50 billion!

• Love Love x 1
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, and no, there is a second event December 5-8.

10. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

That's AWESOME!

I had the option of purchasing 500,000 HGS points last year, but only 50,000 was offered for me this year :( Bummer, because right now I am sitting at a little over 9M LP's.

11. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent played MyVegas in a year or so because I could never get a Free Buffet ( I stay downtown), I still have 1465000 LP's burning a hole in my hard drive
    What Free Buffets can you still do without having a room? (In Vegas) I am normally alone, so 2 for 1's don't help me.
    If any are still available, what time CST do I need to check for availability?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  12. pk1959

pk1959 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know MGM has a breakfast and lunch and Mandalay Bay has a lunch buffet without a stay required.

13. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done the Maverick helicopter night flight a few times and it was just awesome. I'm down to 1.7m loyalty chips now and am trying to save up for the 2m chip Grand Canyon flight. That would be one of my bucket list items.

- Linda in TX

• Like Like x 1
  14. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have close to 1.5 million LPs, but I normally use them for show tickets, freeplay, and buffets. The problem that I have is that most of the good stuff sells out quickly and I don't have time to keep checking MyVegas a million times a day like some folks. On my last trip, I was only able to get the Aria dinner buffet, since everything else that I wanted was sold out. Since I was staying at Luxor on a MLife comp, I also couldn't get the Luxor freeplay reward due to restrictions.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think someone posted about getting a bunch of konami freeplays as they don' require a stay.

Might take a while to work through them but every little helps :)

16. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NCl Cruises appear to be refreshed regularly so you could get a 5-7 day cruise with 1.5M LP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.