1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 Nights at the ‘Gate with Papa Pork

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Porker, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The day has arrived and the hour is approaching. At 4:00 PM I’ll will embark upon my favorite 4 hour road trip from Orange County to Vegas. Being that it’s Friday, traffic will probably be a nightmare so it might even be 5 hours. Doesn’t matter! The drive out to Vegas is part of the experience. By the time you wind through the desert and descend into Primm, your imagination is full of the endless possibilities that await.

Side note: the drive back from Vegas is utter shit. Four hours of traffic and mundane scenery while nursing a hangover sucks. Perspective is a hell of a drug.

Anyway. I’ll be staying downtown at the Golden Gate for three nights. This is a father/son trip that has been long in the works. My dad (who I will refer to as ‘D’ [emoji57]) flew into town last night and is staying at the Linq until Saturday when he will join me downtown at the Golden Gate. He’s never stayed downtown and I’m hoping he will love it as much as me.

This should be a pretty standard trip report, consisting mostly of craps stories, with a few BJ and slot runs here and there. Food will be pretty cheap and unremarkable with the exception of dinner at Andiamos on Saturday. (I have a habit of only eating chili dogs from American Coney)

I’m a fairly low roller, so if you’re looking for pumpkin chips, look elsewhere. My gambling budget for three days is $1.5k plus $100 free table play I get with my offer at Golden Gate.

Speaking of Golden Gate, let me give them a little plug. I play pretty consistently everywhere I go. I used to stick to the strip, but then I got tired of the nickel and dimming and moved my action downtown. At craps I’ll play the pass line with full odds and place anywhere from two to three numbers and work up from there. At BJ I start at $25 a hand and go up depending on luck. For that kind of play, I’ve gotten mid week offers for two free nights from Boyd, and up to three free nights at DTG and ElCo. Golden Gate on the other hand gives me 4 free nights a month with no blackout days, $100 table play, and $25 F&B... so needless to say, I’m a big fan.

Plans for the trip include:

1. Dinner at Andiamo
    2. Golden tiki
    3. NFL on Sunday
    4. And maybe neon boneyard (I haven’t gotten tickets yet and I’m not sure if they are available)

I’m really looking forward to relaxing this trip. I’ve got three small kids at home and work has been non stop lately. Aside from spending time with the old man, I’m looking forward to getting a lot of alone time.

On the gambling side, my goal is to triple my BR. My wife and I are coming back to Vegas in January for her birthday and she’s always wanted to stay at the Cosmo. I’ve already checked rates and they want like 2K for three nights and that’s out of the question. I’m not paying that much for rooms in Vegas... UNLESS I’m using their money. So if I can leave this trip with 4K I can comfortably book the one bedroom terrace with fountain view for my wife’s birthday.

For traditions sake, here is my obligatory ‘Vegas necessities’ pic:

[​IMG]

This is the first time my bank has had $2 bills so I’m hoping their good luck.

See you all in Barstow!

• Like Like x 10
  2. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a thought - why don't you play at Cosmo and hopefully get an offer for at least one night? Might work.

Happy Birthday to Me!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about that. But I’m only going to be on the strip tonight and I don’t think I want to risk that much of my BR on the first night. Well see what happens. It’s definitely a good option

4. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta love SoCal traffic

[​IMG]

5. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made it to Barstow. Traffic should be easy from here. I’m grabbing a quick coffee and my next stop should be Freemont street if all goes well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Uranium 235

Uranium 235 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the best, following along with a glass of red!

7. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the time with your dad!

8. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on the trip and the bonding time with your dad. I am also a big fan of the Golden Gate and they take good care of me.

You are taking $1500 but make it seem you are a low roller. You are not. Compared to most downtown, you are playing with a good sized bankroll. I am sure the GG will love your play and take care of you in the future.

Just a funny story about taking my dad to Las Vegas about 15 years ago. The first time we went, we stayed in the Mandalay Bay. He had not been to Las Vegas since the 1950s and was just shocked to travel and look at everything.

The next time, we stayed at the Main Street Station (my home base at the time) and we were on different floors. Since he loves to compare rooms, he immediately came knocking and I let him in my basic boring room. I turned to walk into the room as he talked.

I then noticed he was not behind me. He entered my bathroom and sat on the toilet while talking with the door open. I asked him what type of relationship he thought we had as I shut the door in shock.

Since then we stay in separate hotels ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bring out the extra $500 chips! Porker is back in Vegas motha fuckers!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  10. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Customary room pic:

[​IMG]

And customary first drink pic:

[​IMG]

(I make a mean 1944 Mai Tia that I premixed at home. Gotta kill that built up anxiety from the drive in before I hit the tables)

• Like Like x 7
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a lovely time with your dad. Make memories. It’s important. Trust me.

13. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Papa Pork has never played craps so I took him to the bubble craps machine for a quick lesson. Bought in for $40 and cashed out:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start!

15. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went over to Harrahs and bought in at the $10 table near the entrance. Yo-yo’d for awhile and chased out down $100

Still up $160 for the night. Headed back to downtown for one last run before bed. Today was a long day so I’m not pushing it.

Gonna grab a chili dog at American coney and see how I feel. Like Kevin Cosner I feel the voice telling me to head to DTG. Let’s see what happen!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s not even close for me. Give me downtown over the strip any day of the week:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank god for American Coney

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd buy one of those Mai Tia's Looks good! Congrats on the bubble craps start for Papa Pork. Hope he enjoys downtown and gets some fun craps play at the tables.

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
  19. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After leaving Papa Pork at Harrahs I headed back downtown to give Golden Gate some action. Dropped $200 on the Heidi slot while pretending to be Matt Bridget. Unfortunately I lost.

Went to blackjack and converted my $100 in table play into $75. Now I’m headed to DTG to play craps. Wish me luck!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Porker

Porker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kevin Costner is a fucking liar. If you feel it, it will not come. It will be a fucking 7 when you’re spread across all the points with the hard ways to $50

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.