1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone seen R.U.N

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mider999, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It opened the 24th of October.

wondering what everyone thought.

2. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a ticket to see R.U.N next week, but it would be interesting to hear how the opening turned out.

3. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same, hope you leave us a review :)

4. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you search #RunTheShow on twitter, there are tweets about the opening night show. It sounds good, but there were some technical glitches and one of the motorcyclists crashed near the end of the show doing a stunt. There was a link to a LVRJ article that said that he broke his collar bone, but is doing okay. They're also using all electric motorcycles in the show.

5. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like too far off classic CdS material.. but a stunt is a stunt, no matter what.
    Would love to hear reviews.

6. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reviews on other sites have been mostly horrendous. Pretty annoying after buying top dollar tickets for next month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah....TripAdvisor had all bad reviews last I checked.

8. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad.
    Why can't they stick to creative story lines with buff circus performers in tight outfits?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of amazing that all 5* review on Tripadvisor were by 1st time contributors, most 1* written by folks who have reviewed before. Taking this into account, there's not even a single meh, so-so or 'was ok review. Makes me so not want to see this show although I do enjoy a good CdS gig anytime.

10. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found that odd as well

11. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noted the same exact thing a while ago about reviews for the Wow show at the Rio on TA.

12. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOTE: This information is second hand, and based on a pre-run show.

My local friend was invited to a viewing and thought that the show was sub-standard. I asked him what he thought was sub-standard and he said "just about everything", including costuming, story line, and the acts that they were using. he suggested several changes that they might consider, but apparently they ignored all of his suggestions.

13. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully it's not Cirque du So Lame

14. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw R.U.N on November 1st. I posted my thought on the show in my recent trip report, but here's the highlights of what I wrote...

"The show opened on October 24th with some technical issues in which I heard that a performer was injured doing one of the motorcycle stunts towards the end of the show. A few days later, I started seeing mixed reviews of the show and not all of them were very positive. Being a long time Cirque fan who has seen a good number of there past productions, I was hoping that R.U.N would be better than what was being reported.

The show is 90 minutes long and is very different from any Cirque shows that I've seen before. It's sorta hard to describe, since they use a combination of videos, live video feeds, and live action scenes to tell the story of the main character who is a member of a rival gang and is on the "run" for his life throughout the show. There are a number of violent fight scene with lot of acrobatics and special effects (fire, laser lights, etc.) and motorcycle stunts. In one scene, the main character and one of his fellow gang members are being tortured which would probably not appeal to some.

Also like most Cirque shows, there is action not only going on the main stage, but also on the sides, overhead, and from behind the audience throughout different parts of the show. For those of us sitting in the front rows, we had to keep turning around to see what else was going on to the sides and behind us.

Overall, I though the show was okay, but they could have done much better. Not only with the story line, but with how they put the whole show together. They used a lot of videos, both recorded and live feeds in between the big stunt scenes to tell the storyline which is broken down into several chapter. I though the use of so much abstract videos was sorta overdone.

Although, I enjoyed the motorcycle stunts which were cool. The final motorcycle stunt scene was probably the best part of the entire show. They were even riding down the stairs in the aisles where they had ramps setup so they could jump on and off of the main stage.

So is R.U.N worth seeing? If you're expecting to see a family oriented Cirque show, you will be disappointed. If you like live action fight scenes, motorcycle stunts performed on stage, and the gangland storyline, then you may like R.U.N.

Also, a tip on seating. As I mentioned, I was in an aisle seat in second row. The VIP seats in the first row seats have very high backs to them, so if you are seated directly behind them, you may have a problem seeing over the tops of them. I really don't understand why they made the backs of those seats so high. If I wasn't seated on the aisle, I would have had a problem seeing the stage, if I were seated behind them, since I'm not a tall person. If I were to see the show again (which I probably won't, unless it's comped), I think sitting further back would be much better. That way, you can see the entire main stage and not get a twisted neck trying to see stuff going on to the far sides and behind you."

15. Grandad

Grandad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not one to mince my words and on this show the only word I can use for it, is that it is RUBBISH

16. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this; am considering buying tickets this week for my 2020 trip, since MLife is having a sale. Would sitting farther back in the side sections be ok? One person in our party is tall and would love an aisle, but the only aisles in the center section are the 2nd and 4th rows, and those sound like they would be too close based on your excellent review. Thanks!

got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues...
  17. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were seeing the show again, I would find a seat somewhere mid-way to the stage so I could see some of the stuff that I missed. LOL Although, siting close to the stage has some advantages, since that is where most of the show takes place. Some of the action also takes place in the aisles, so they also warn you not to stick your arms/legs out into the aisle during the show. The aisle that I was on was where the motorcycles were driving up and down the staircase onto a ramp to jump onto the stage during one of the final stunt scenes.

18. rourou

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. We are not completely decided on going yet but I appreciate all of the advice!

19. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you haven’t seen other cirque shows I’d go see Love or Ka

20. rourou

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We decided on LOVE; I've seen it but the others in my group have not, and I am fine with seeing it again, especially when it's on sale! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.