1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Arranging Chip Rack

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by 1stoppop, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No real stacking system, except that I do keep my buy-in on the back-row (closest to me), once I've recovered that.
    I also keep my $1 chips separate & handy, as I end up using them a lot ($12 sixes & eights, "same bet").
    If I start accumulating green, those go to the right of my white-chips.
    I never track how much I've won. If I've played for a while, & have my buy-in back, but nothing in the front rack, I've been known to take all of my existing bets down & color-out, locking in a win.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am ahead, I usually put my original buy in to the bottom lane, and use the top lane for my profit. And if ahead for enough, then, I use this separation to stop at the buy in amount. If I keep winning, then I play until I get bored/tired and leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Original chips are old money. Like the old money country club.

Winnings are new money, like the new money country club, or nouveau riche.

I play with original chips, and take nouveau riche chips the the cashiers cage. I endeavor to never let the two types of chips intermingle.

I have no idea if I’m up or not, and my system is just a weird thing I do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually use the purple chips to seperate the yellow chips.:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an aside, this was not an issue last night. The dealers were arranging my chips back into the stacks of 20 on the craps tables.

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there are three rows, I use whites to mark rolls when playing press and collect so you know which one to do when your number is hit. Other than that, I just keep the big ones in the middle, but will separate by hundreds if it's a good game.

7. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried a couple of different methods, but ended up with buy in in the row closest to the table, and each set of winnings would go in the next row. If up enough that I had my buy in plus, I'd separate the buy in and play with the winnings. Will definitely fine tune based on ideas in this thread!

8. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It usually goes out so quick I don’t get time for a system

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone else palm (or muck) their chips on the crap table? When I win every so often I usually will take some of the chips and put them in my back pocket. That way the pit crew will think I lost my investment or didn't win as much when leaving so my sheet will close out as losing money or not winning as much. I know they will record what your entry amount is and they guesstimate how much you leave with to determine your winnings or losings for each session.

comments on that move?

As for arranging my chips on the rack, like others I will usually separate the chips by a green or a $1 chip between every so many chips. With red chips I usually separate every $50 in reds. That way I can also eventually palm some of my chips.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen people do what you do, makiki.

On a particularly crowded table the shooter was very hot and held the dice for a long time. He was hitting the hardways and getting paid off in blacks. He would put all the blacks in his cargo pockets.

Not sure if his intent was similar to what you do or if he was nervous trying to secure his chips since we were shoulder to shoulder and people were screaming, yelling and hands were going here and there. It was quite chaotic. I think I would have done the same thing. Too easy for a rail thief to do his thing when you're not looking.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just arrange by color. Whites up top because I'm always tossing them in when they say "Gimme 2, gimme 3". I like for them to tell me because I get real confused with the Place numbers after all of this time. It's a mental block.

Next row reds followed by greens. Sometimes will put a red between every four greens.

Blacks I keep at the bottom and make sure someone would have to go completely around my body to do a chip snatch.

Other colors. I don't even know what they are. I think purple is $500. I really don't know.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  12. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I stack all my chips “flat” in the rack in piles. Reds go in piles of 5. Greens in piles of 4. Blacks in piles of 5. This way I can easily know how I’m doing all the time.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.